wedding color help!

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

mcup36 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/1/10
wedding color help!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 12:36 PM

My wedding will be on a big party cruise ship yacht I dont want a formal wedding I would like it to be casual but I really want to use navy blue as my main color. I would like some opinions on whether navy blue can be pulled off with a casual wedding? help! and if so what colors to use with it? and maybe what color the bridesmaids and groomsmen should wear ?...... I'm lost....

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Re: wedding color help!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: mcup36

I think you could definitely go with navy blue and have it casual. I like navy blue, white and a pop of yellow or maybe red...niiiiiice.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: mcup36

Dear Mcup,

" navy blue can be pulled off with a casual wedding?"

Sure, why not? Put your bridesmaids and the men in navy blue and white. Add other strong colors, such as bright red, green or bright yellow, and that will look great. With navy, you'd want pure colors; nothing "dusky".

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: mcup36

I went to a beautiful wedding in August with navy blue and a deep red, and it didn't look too patriotic at all. I think you can totally pull it off, no question.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: mcup36

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a particular color being either formal or informal. It's all in what you do with it. After all, jeans are (sort of) navy blue, and they're certainly casual! Think of French sailors in blue and white striped shirts--certainly casual. I can send you pictures of "casual navy"weddings--just contact me through my website.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: mcup36

I think navy blue and yellow look great.

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

We want something really casual too, and are doing navy and hot pink :) I think any color could go with navy, consider it a neutral like black! I also think its not the color scheme that makes a wedding casual or formal, its all about what your space looks like and how you decorate it. We are using alot of garden inspiration (especially since its going to be in a vineyard) but we are going for a BBQ feel and putting the centerpieces in galvanized steep pails. I like to think of the navy blue a summer-appropriate sub for black :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine