If you had a baby tomorrow...

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 42

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: If you had a baby tomorrow...
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

I love thinking about future baby names.......
The problem is, I'm not working with the easiest last name to have to slap a first name on....I'll just say that it's Lithuanian,10 letters long, impossible to spell, and difficult to say correctly. A big step from the Italian last name I've had for 28 years sigh....

Girl names are much more fun to play with, in my opinion. I think that you can get away with something a little more non-traditional with a girl - they wouldn't get picked on like a little boy with a crazy name might. Here are a few of my favorites for girls..

Ella Rae - (first and middle ) my middle name is Kae...and I always liked the spelling
Vienna
Kendall
Aria
Brynn
Rhiannon
Sofie
Macey

And some boys...
Chase
Brady
Gabe
Parker
Quinn
Cameron

anne11235813 Posts : 58 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

If I had a girl tomorrow I think she would be named Eva Elisabeth. Eva is my mother's middle name. But I also like Helena and Sophie or Sofie very much. With Sofie/Sophie, I am not sure which one looks better, which is just as important.

For boys it is much harder to find a nice name which is not very common at the same time.
I like Jacob and James.

Overall, I think I like traditional names best. And I like to search my family tree for nice names ;o)

Especially the mens' names are mostly not very nice though: Theopist and some such curiosities.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

If we have a boy his name will be Evan Ross. It's similar to my FH's name which is Eric, and the same middle name.

A girl will be June. I don't know if that's the middle name or first name yet. Still working on other names we like. I just can't decide.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

If I had a baby tomorrow, I'd be sending in an application for that TLC TV show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" (by the way, is anyone else as obsessed with that show as I am?), and making a very awkward phone call to my honey back in the States.

As far as names? Hmmm...

If it were a boy: Patrick, Sebastian, Oliver (my bf hates this name with a passion, but according to you girls, he doesn't get a say, today!), or Henry.

If it were a girl: Synnöve (Swedish name pronounced Seen-uh-Vay), Dominique, Madieke (another Swedish name, pronounced Ma-dee-keh), or Genevieve.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Colelle Posts : 48 Registered: 6/21/09
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Girl- Naminae because I love the sound of it, or Soleil (Sole-ay), which is French for Sunshine.

Boy- I love the name Collin Michael. I also love Casey or Hunter.

Fh loves the name Cornelius for a boy or Cornelia for a girl. Bleh! What will their nickname be--corny? Lol. I told him if we get another pet we will name it one of those names. No offense to anyone that likes them, but I really, really don't!

Hotari Posts : 51 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: Colelle

For a girl: Abigail Lee

and for a boy: Adrian Earl

The girl would have my Grandfathers middle name Lee and a Boy would have FH middle name.

Proud member of P.O.O.P People Offended by Offended People

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

FH and I have talked about this extensively! If naming the baby were completely up to me, I'd still have to take FH's input into consideration (because we've talked about it so much...I know his wishes about baby names) I'd choose:

Girl- Aadisyn Janelle (AJ)
Boy- Gavin Alexander or Malcolm Alexander...I like Gavin better, FH likes Malcolm better. FH's name is Alexander:*)

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...He asked if I'd be with him forever and of course my answer was yes

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

@ Brooke (sorry, I don't know how to quote someone's post)

That is such a cool tradition. Will you and DH do this for your son? I mean, are you the first (or only) daughter??

If this were our tradition, our son's name would be Collins or Collin (would you drop letters to make it an actual name? I.e. "Collins" would become "Collin") Watts.

Collin Watts Lafferty sounds cute!

Anyway...I like the tradition:*) It's very different!

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...He asked if I'd be with him forever and of course my answer was yes

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I think it's a cool tradition, but it totally wouldn't work with my family. I'm the oldest daughter, and my son's name would come out to something like "Solheim (pronounced Sole-Hyme) Peder". At least he'd be easy to find on the playground!

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

twandagutenson Posts : 1 Registered: 2/28/11
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

howdy!
just like the saying"i have a dream",if i had a bb tomorrow,that means i had a wife,some money,a house,lots of bb books and advice to read to have perfect bb^_^

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 3, 2012 2:37 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

If I will have a darghtur tommorrow I will name her Regina,she will be the princess of me ,and the queen of a man in the furthre.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1914 is just $359.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine