Is anyone else having a budget wedding?

Online Users: 1,254 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Re: Is anyone else having a budget wedding?
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 6:26 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm: The guests LOVED the cakes! They had NO idea it was Entemans cakes!!! hahah

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And now I know why all the tree's change in the fall. I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. I love you for giving me you eyes. Standing back and watching me shine. I didn't know if you knew so I am taking this chance to say, 'I had the best day with you today."

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsLevine

Me and FH plan to have $5,000 as our wedding budget. We are thinking of doing our own invitations, only inviting the people that 'must' be there (which will probably be up to 90 or less), seeing if any of our friends can run music, video, and do the photography, having a buffet at the reception, and having no alcohol.
Daisypath Vacation tickers

FutureMrsSimpki... Posts : 45 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsLevine

We have a budget & it's 15,000. We know that's alot of money but we have been saving so we won't be in debt after our wedding. It's all up to you & you're fiance & whether you want to spend a ton of money or not. Hope everything works out for you girl. Don't stress too much!

Future Mrs.Simpkins<3
--been engaged since o1-11-o9

"This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Awww I appreciate all the time you took to write your post. Almost became emotionaly thinking of all the things you did to plan your wedding. It's amazing! what an inspiration!

I have to say I am joining all the other brides to be. I'm trying to also find the cheapest options to try to plan this wedding out. We have a very limited budget as well so it's going to be tough to try to find what we can do.

Really liked your post. Thanks again :)

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 4:26 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I have a budget too, 65,000. Sounds high? The traditional asian food that we MUST have costs 35,000 for the 250 people my parents just HAD to invite. Money was such an issue that my fiancee's entire family including his parents are not coming to the wedding

Point is, I almost envy the ladies with lower budgets who are doing it on their own. You guys truly have unique weddings and that you can look back on and say you poured your heart into instead of a cookie cutter traditional wedding ruled by parents. You get to throw a wedding that is a reflection of your love and not the reflection of the hard work of vendors. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful for my parents for throwing me this big bash, I just wanted to relfect to say that money isn't everything.

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... </center>

Waleska Posts : 8 Registered: 2/19/10
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

We have a budget of about 5,000. So far things are looking great. We have managed to work the garden theme. Our wedding is a bit non traditional, the ceremony and reception are in one location. The location we found is 500 per day, the facility is a century old building that used to be a church, it is now restored and is a conference center. The building is beautiful in and out. It has a beautiful garden surrounding the premises so it works great without us spending so much on decor. The only down side is that it is in a prehistoric district and parking is limited. So we are working on that this very moment.
Ms. Wes.... Happiness is what I long for!

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Waleska

We have a budget of about $5,000 too.

♥♥♥ LUCA ♥♥♥

Turkey26 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/25/10
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

we tried... but the wedding is in alaska, and we didn't want to skimp too much when many of our guests are spending alot to attend. it's a tough balance to strike.
--Almost Married!!

StarlitHolly Posts : 47 Registered: 2/23/10
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 6:00 AM Go to message in response to: Turkey26

We didn't go into wedding planning with a set budget, but it was definately a frugal affair.
The largest chunk of money went to plane tickets, to fly dH and his family from Oahu to BC.
I think the total amount of money spent on our wedding is about $4100.
Not all of that was out of our pockets though - my parents rented the hall, got the flowers to decorate it, and bought the food for the reception.
We paid for:
1850 - plane tickets (5 round-trip, 1 one-way)
100 - marriage licence
350 - my dress and shoes
150 - dH's suit and shoes (including adjustments)
100 - wedding flowers (red roses)
400 - honeymoon hotel (5 nights)

I got married in a little black dress, with a black veil and heels
The church didn't charge us for the use of the sanctuary, since our wedding took under an hour. The only guests we had were our parents and siblings. My best friend did our wedding photos (as a gift) and they turned out amazing.
My mom made the two pasta sauces we supplied at the reception, and my entire family helped decorate the hall. It was beautiful - we came in the day of the reception and couldn't believe that we had done this! It looked so professional!
Anyway, our way of doing things might not be yours, but we had a great, memorable, beautiful wedding.
Just keep in mind that it is Your Day, you and your fH can do what you want and who cares what the Joneses think.

~~ Sunshine <3 Love <3 Plushies <3 Weirdness ~~

21. Canadian. Living in Hawaii. Stay-At-Home Wife.

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsLevine

We're doing a budget wedding for sure. FH and I are willing and able to spend about 5,000. My parents have offered to pay for the photographer and the church. FH's parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner and then gave us another 2,000. In total, I think we're going to end up with everything (except the rehearsal dinner, which we're having hot dogs and brats grilled at the park down the street from where we grew up. Fun!) costing about 11,000. I think that's pretty thrifty since we're inviting 200!
Some of the budget saving things we've done/are doing:
I fell in love with a Christos dress at the bridal salon. It would have blown most of our budget. I went back and forth over whether or not to buy it when I stumbled upon this website called Once Wed. Found my dream dress for 1000. I highly recommend the site!!
We're not hiring a florist. That kills my grandma a little bit. She thinks we're crazy. Instead of doing floral centerpieces we're borrowing cake stands from family members and friends and each table is going to have its own individual cake (which my sister, mom and I are making). Then around each cake stand we're tying a ribbon with a little tag that has the names and wedding date of the people we borrowed it from.
On the buffet table we're going to have vases where the bridesmaids bouquets are going to go after the ceremony. One of my bridesmaids and I are making all the bouquets with flowers we get from the farmers market.
Boutonnieres are going to be non-floral. We're making them out of buttons and scrap fabric and a little bit of handmade lace and some ribbon. They're going to be A-dorable! :) (I hope!)
We're skipping the dj/band. One of my brothers is a pro jazz musician, and his band has offered to play two sets for the evening for free, and then the rest of the night we'll hook an ipod into the sound system.
I made all of our invitations from scratch. Very time consuming, but totally worth it in the end, because they were exactly what I wanted!
Our wedding is a friday night, which definitely saving us money! Especially at our venue!
Basically the rest is just a lot of DIY projects. I do love my crafts! :)
Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful wedding, whatever the budget. I think Aunt always says that the best wedding to have is the one you can afford, or something like that. I agree!

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: May 9, 2010 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

i'm definitly having a budget wedding.
I got my dress on sale at DB for $200 and we're hiring a friend of one of my brides maids who assists another wedding photographer to do everything including engagements, bridals and full day coverage for $400. we're having a tiny ceremony (30 guests almost all family) and luncheon of soup and rolls that our moms and family will make the day before and set up in crock pots. We're having an open house reception later that day with non-alcoholic drinks and a candy/snack buffet. My little sister, under my instruction is making the wedding cake. i was going to but decided i'll be too busy that close to the wedding. i taught her how to make fondant and she loves making cakes for her friends birthdays etc. i'm doing all the flower arrangments with fake/dried flowers and everything is taking place in my parents backyard. my real budget is just absolutly as inexpensive as possible while still looking good. i'm just trying to get the best value.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine