August..Color Conundrum

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

blessedfromabove Posts : 1 Registered: 12/24/08
August..Color Conundrum
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 3:51 PM

So, I just got engaged and am just starting planning the wedding :) My wedding will be in the first week of August in the evening. Should I stick with more summer colors or fall? Rich colors or pastels? Any thoughts?

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: August..Color Conundrum
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

Just b/c you're getting married in Autumn doesn't mean you HAVE to have "Autumn" colors. Go with whatever colors you want. You want black and white? Perfect. Pink and green? Go for it. Oh, and congrats btw!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

August is definitely height of summer time so I would not have a fall themed wedding (though I did go to a Christmas in July wedding once and that was a lot of fun). So if you wanted to do a season theme then I would say summer is what you should do. However, you're not locked into a season theme, you could (as MrsPinky said) able to have any theme, use any colors, and do whatever it is that makes you and your FH happy.

Congrats on your engagement.
When is my wedding

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Sometimes for me, I need inspiration to find a theme or colours. So maybe you could search for say.. invitations. If you find one you absolutely FALL in LOVE with, then there's your theme! Or a bouquet that you just can't take your eyes off of, then use it as inspiration for the rest of the "feel" and the colours for your event. :)

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

princessbride2010 Posts : 58 Registered: 10/20/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

First of all, congrats on the engagement! It's so fun to start planning everything! I had such a difficult time nailing down my colors so I totally know where you're coming from! My wedding is scheduled for the beginning of June so I wasn't sure myself whether I should go towards spring or summer colors...

As far as August goes I think you'll be okay going with any colors you choose...I don't think planning a "fall harvest" theme or anything like that would be advisable for an early August wedding, but if that's what you want, it is your wedding! I settled on black and white for my wedding and about 24 hours ago I was gonna do yellow for an accent color, but all of a sudden I'm leaning toward pink. hehehe and I don't even like pink!

As far as colors go, I really like brown and pink, or even a champange and rosy pink...I just think that would be adorable... But good luck with your planning and prepare to change your mind on colors a thousand and twelve times AT LEAST!

Newly engaged 10-18-08

Christin1981 Posts : 14 Registered: 12/28/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

I am also getting married in August. At the end of August. I honestly don't want a "Fall themed" wedding. I LOVE the color purple. I'm just torn between the shades. I like the silvery purple because it'll be hot, and yes to me it's still summer. But my favorite color is eggplant purple with an accent of platinum grey.

I think you should pick a color you really like and could look back in a few years and still love the color. Once you found a color, then find the shade. There are darks and lights. An evening wedding is very romantic. Dark colors are romantic to me.

Good luck, let us know what you choose!

wedding tickers

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

Congrats on the engagement! I'm getting married the end of August and my colors are light pink, white, with accents of hot pink. I chose those colors simply because I like pink and I like a clean look. I worried at first that people would think it's weird having pink in the summer, but it's my wedding and if they really love me they won't criticize my color choice! So have fun picking out your colors, look in abstract places and everyday places and find the shades you like the best! Good luck!!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

TishaLynn Posts : 11 Registered: 6/28/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

I am getting married mid Aug. Colors were a big thing for me and my FH. What I loved he didnt and vise versa. After we agreed on colors (Davids Bridal - Sangria, Oasis and Silver) I am finding now how hard they are to match. Its like everyone else is saying, do what you want, its your day and you want to like what you see. My only advice is to pay attention to your budget along with your colors. I have a small budget and I am having problems matching my colors with everything (linens, flowers, etc). So I am having to use basics like black and white, not what I originally imagined. But I am marrying my best friend so that is what matters :)

Congrats and good luck

Campbellsoupp Posts : 2 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Congrats to you! I'm getting married the first week of Aug. those are my colors too. I think those are pretty soft summer colors!

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

Congratulations on your wedding! I got married in the middle of July and originally wanted icy blue as my main color, but when I was dress shopping for the BM dresses, I absolutely fell in love with cornflower blue. It just seemed so bright and summery. Paired with the hot pink flowers in the girls bouquets, it definitely made a statement. I suggest keeping an open mind and looking at lots of pictures. You'll know it when you see it.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: blessedfromabove

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine