Photos!

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Photos!
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 10:46 PM

So we had our big day and it was flawless, awkward, beautiful, and unforgettable. We got married in a true-to-form castle that a radical man built in the 80's in the exact style of an old Irish castle. It had no electricity and open windows and, even though this was in Florida, we had records lows that week, especially that day. The high was 45 that day, with 15 mph winds (all you northerners can tell me frostbitten stories I'm sure, but to someone who's only seen snow twice, 45 degrees is COLD to try to get dressed in and then prance around with nothing on my shoulders).

Anyway, the cold made it more fun. All in all, it was a wonderful day. We have wonderful friends who made the day even more special and fun and I wish I could go back and do all of it again.

I also wanted to say that, since being married, our relationship has changed a lot (all for the better). I complained in earlier threads that he was acting irresponsible, but after we had those issues, he started evening out a lot more and taking on more of the household chores and remembering his appointments and stuff like that. He got a new job which he loves, and after we got back from the honeymoon, both of us had this desire to clean our house and start fresh. He says that getting married finally made it hit him that he's an adult. I've been learning to cope with things a lot better now too (like not freaking out so much when his phone dies, among other more important things).

I don't know how to post a link to my photo album. You can try http://www.brides.com/community/albums/album/2742419 or I guess you can click on "my albums" on my profile page? If there's a simpler way to share it, let me know.

When is my wedding

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: Photos!
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

Congratulations!!! Everything looked absolutely beautiful!!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 8:55 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

Congratulations! Your pictures are fantastic! Love the castle and the medieval feel to it. Love the guy's hats. And you look BEAUTIFUL, exactly like a princess. Your dress is gorgeous! :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

Your pictures are beautiful!!

My husband changed alot after we got married too, for the better. We got married 4 months ago. He is 33 and I was his first serious relationship. So, he had been on his own for a while and was a true bachelor when I met him. His house was filled with clutter, nothing in the fridge except maybe a few bottles of 7-up and take out left overs, etc... He also was not used to considering someone else's goals for the future, or thinking about what someone else may want to do on a night out since he had been able to do whatever he wanted for so long. We met in 2006 and I moved in with him a year later. It was smooth sailing, for the most part, but it was a constant battle to get him to clean up after himself and do other things at night besides sitting in front of the TV. For the first year or so we lived together it was impossile to get him to budge his opinion on what he wanted for the future. He was insistant on waiting 3-4 years after marriage to have a family, he refused to even think about moving out of our place (his father owns it and he wanted to buy it, even though it would be way out of our price range!) let along a different town or village. The closer we got to our wedding day, the more he started doign around the house and he became much more leniant about our future. He said he was finally realizing he needed to be a more active participant with household work and that he needed to take my views on the future into consideration too. Now that we are married he's agreed to start trying for a family after our first anniversary and is thinking of other towns we could move to whenever we're ready to buy a house. He can still be pretty lazy, but he's getting much better. He says he loves me for many reasons but one of those reasons is that I'm the only one who would of put up with his shit. He said any other woman would of ran for their life when they first saw his clutter-filled house!

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

Oh my gosh Jream! It's so beautiful! Cheetah is right, you look like a princess! I especially love the picture of you coming down the stairs! I think that's my favorite.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

Beautiful!!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

I love your venue, it's beautiful! A castle is such a romantic setting, you looked very happy! Congratulations!

"Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

VivaLasVegasBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! What an awesome place to have a wedding! Congrats!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine