Bridesmaid gifts (how much to spend and what to get?)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

LovelyBridetoBe Posts : 15 Registered: 9/12/09
Bridesmaid gifts (how much to spend and what to get?)
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 4:46 PM

I was wondering if anyone could share what they were getting their bridesmaids and how much they were spending on each girl. I am having trouble thinking of what to get them.

Thanks!

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Re: Bridesmaid gifts (how much to spend and what to get?)
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: LovelyBridetoBe

How many girls do you have in your wedding party? I have three bridesmaids and my personal attendant who I wanted to think of something special for. I decided on buying their jewelry from Etsy, getting them a GC to get a peticure at this cute little spa in our home town, and then we are all getting boudoir photos done together, which I am paying for. I think it is going to end up costing a little more than I had planned on spending, around 125-140 per girl, but I think it will be totally worth it!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: LovelyBridetoBe

I got all of my girls matching brown pearl earrings, necklace, and braclet. I also purchased personalized totes with their names. My girls still use their bags to this day two months after the wedding.

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: KaylaMarriedBrett

I didn't really have a price in mind when I bought my MOH her gift (I didn't have any other BMs), but I ended up finding a necklace I knew she'd love from a retailer we both like for about $45. But then I also ended up buying her a couple of small additional gifts on our honeymoon that added probably $20 or $30.

I think DH spent around $100 or $125 on his GM's gift. He bought him two tickets to a hockey game.

preview image

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

P.S. I got her necklace from J. Jill. It's not necessarily your taste, but in case you want to check them out they usually have stuff I really like for prices I'd consider reasonable.

preview image

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: LovelyBridetoBe

We're all huge Carrie Underwood fans so we're going to see her when she tours near our town. I decided I'd rather give an experience than something like a necklace they might never wear again. I have 2 bridesmaids and each ticket was 65 dollars, and obviously I paid for my own ticket too.

VicH Posts : 1 Registered: 2/7/10
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: LovelyBridetoBe

I got my bridesmaids a great pair of CZ stud earrings from here http://www.caratcache.com/
They each came in a little bow tie gift box, so I didn't even have to wrap them. My bridesmaids loved them and they are a great versatile pair of earrings.

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: LovelyBridetoBe

I got my girls (3 BMs, 1 MoH) matching pearl necklaces from Jessica's Wedding which is where I got my jewelry as well. They matched their dresses nicely too. I think I spent maybe $20 on each.

For our 2 flower girls, we got them each little tot bags that said "Flower Girl" on them with a little stick figure girl with a flower basket on it and each girl's name was on it (it was really cute!).

DH wanted to get his boys (1 BM, 3 GMs) pocket watches, as their suits were sort of a zoot suit and it would match them nicely. I think those were like $15-20 each.

And we got our parents wedding photo albums, so they could pick the photos they wanted and fill them how they like.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

Find Your Own Bridal Look with my Virtual Makeover Tool!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine