Jewelry for an ivory dress with pink accents???

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

JuliaNY Posts : 1 Registered: 2/5/10
Jewelry for an ivory dress with pink accents???
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 6:00 PM

I have 5 weeks to go, and I am still at loss in terms of the jewelry for my wedding dress.

My dress is mermaid with a halter top, light ivory (natural silk) with an applique of flowers of about 4"-5" diameter each, spread on the front from underarm to the hip, and with a similar layout on the back.

The applique consists of slightly raised cutout silk roses of dusty pink/purple color with light brown leaves and green stems, sprinkled with Swarovski crystals from light pink to light amethyst. The majority of the color on the applique is pink/purple.

What kind of earrings would you recommend? Gold looks too yellow, and shiny silver is too white, but antique or brushed silver is OK.

In terms of crystal color, should I try to match the pink/amethyst in the dress, or just go with clear? Or should I try crystal with AB coating that has a pinking/purple tint, or will it look too cheap?

I was thinking to get something long, linear for earrings, and a matching bracelet.

I am a tall brunette with very fair skin, planning to have an updo.

Thanks a lot for your advice!!!

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Jewelry for an ivory dress with pink accents???
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: JuliaNY

sounds pretty!

My dress was a light ivory too with a lot of beading on it. I think matching the pink would cute, but I also think pearls or a diamond-type would look pretty as well. I personally am not a fan of yellow gold, but my jewelry was sort of silvery with the diamond-type jewels in it. I wore simple dangly earrings (not too big though) in my first holes and in the second set I had matching studs. My necklace was a Y necklace which worked well with the neckline - I could see something similar working well for a halter though!

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

Find Your Own Bridal Look with my Virtual Makeover Tool!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine