Valentine's day

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Valentine's day
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 1:42 PM

So now that I no longer have a wedding to plan for, I enjoy planning things in advance, and realized Valentine's Day is not to far away. DH and I do not have the money after the wedding to do a weekend away like I would like to do, but now I am stuck on what to do at home...

So my question to all the other married ladies on here (and not yet married) what your plans for V-day are? If this is your first Vday married do you think it will be diffrent from wen you were dating? Are there any particular things you look forward to doing with your love? What tips or ideas do you have for spending the night at home?

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Re: Valentine's day
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Good question! This will be our first valentine's day together as a married couple. We got married in September. Though I too would also love to go on a weekend away, I think we'd rather stick around the house especially after we just splurged on a two week honeymoon in November!

I was thinking that we might spend the weekend together at our place, just the two of us. Maybe Saturday night we could go to a nice restaurant for dinner and out to a movie. We could also sort of transform our bedroom into a more romantic setting for Valentine's day by setting up candles, rose petals, music. etc...

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

It'll be our first Valentine's Day being married and I think we'll just have a pricier than normal dinner and then hang out at home. I'll probably get chocolate and flowers from DH and I'm thinking about getting some sexy lingerie for him! I may not, I still have some lingerie from my bridal shower I haven't used yet (procrastinator) and play some romantic music and do what comes naturally!

I'd like to go away for the weekend, but we don't really have the moolah right now, and I'd really like to go away for our 1st anniversary (in August). Maybe DH will surprise me with something. Here's hoping!!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

nicolespence3 Posts : 3 Registered: 2/1/10
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 5:25 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Though i'm not married yet but i had been staying with my bf quite sometime, even we are not married there's a little difference a yrs went by. Since we are together for 7 long years, yawn haha..

I always have some romantic expectation for this day, and i still remember one of the valentine. He came home back from work really late and he did nothing, went to take a shower and off he went into his lala land (Zzzzz). i was so disappointed, sad and of cause i couldnt sleep at all.

So from that sad day onwards, i started to do something from my side first, whenever valentine comes. like writing a posit notes to him and pasting it whenever he can see. then the moment he went out, i quickly email him a valentine card, then give him some "hot" sms, call him and say something to him.. haha.. and etc.. then when the moment he come home, he will start to kiss me and hug me so tight, then i'll make him dinner and having slow dance.. and guess u would know what happen next.

I think is really the small surprises that add up, and make the day special.

bridalBunch Posts : 14 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: nicolespence3

Last Valentine's day my boyfriend (my now fiance) and I stayed in, picked a fancy meal we wouldn't normally eat or make from a cookbook and went shopping for all of the ingredients (including one big pot). When we got back to his house we both dressed up a little, turned on some Sinatra, popped some champagne and started cooking. I set the table really nicely and lit some candles.
It was one of my favorite times spent with him, and by far the best Valentine's day! And you don't have to be chefs, just follow a recipe!

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I encourage you to read an article I had published two weeks ago in Divine Magazine. The link is below. I think you will find it funny and hopefully inspiring!

http://realestate.register-herald.com/special_section/4/c8ea56ac060dad9ff24308d204d404bd.img

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

FMrsJG Posts : 77 Registered: 2/21/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 3:01 AM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Well, this Vday....I'm spending it on webcam talking to my FH!! I'm sooo excited!! He's in the military and is overseas. Now you might laugh but this is our 3rd Vday as a couple and well the first two he was working 14 hr shifts here in the US and so we didn't get to spend it together or even get to socialize with eachother really. and this year, he's gone. I'm excited b/c he knows that the only thing I want for Vday is to be able to spend it with him. And he's requested Vday off so he can get online to spend it with me. I'm sooo excited and i just can't wait!! I hope whatever you ladies do, spend it with your guys and cherish the moment...whether it be spending tons of money or doing nothing. enjoy every single second...b/c its a day of love :)

Happy Early Valentine's Day!!!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 3:33 AM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Personally, our anniversary, which is about 3 weeks after V-Day, holds way more romantic meaning for me than V-Day does. I know this is the case for DH, too.

But we can't NOT celebrate V-Day! For V-Day, it looks like we'll be taking a nice picnic in the park and I'll just get a mushy card for DH--we're on a tighter budget this year than past years. (Then for our anniversary, we'll have a nice dinner at the inn where we got married. The atmosphere there is really romantic and the food is soooooo good.)

preview image

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I've never been big on Valentine's Day - I could take it or leave it. However, I'll take pretty much any excuse to go out to dinner or get a bottle of champagne, so we usually do something. We've never done anything bigger than a dinner, though. I would rather go somewhere for our anniversary in April than for Valentine's day. I guess we could do both, but as we have a limited amount of vacation time and all kinds of plans, our anniversary trumps Valentine's Day.

Last year, we bought a new sofa for Valentine's Day, which is probably the best way we've ever celebrated. I'd rather have a new sofa that we can enjoy every day than blow a bunch of money on something 'special' for a holiday that I don't care about.

This year, we're going to a concert the weekend after Valentine's Day, so we're going to get a hotel room and go out to a nice dinner and call it a Valentine's Day celebration. The concert tickets were actually my b-day present, but we've already celebrated that, so I guess I'll call the dinner and hotel room our Valentine's day presents!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

That is so sweet! I am glad you get to spend V Day with him, even if it is over a webcam! I want to see that movie, Valentine's Day. That would probably get eveyrone in the Valentine's Day spirit!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

This will be our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, but our 9th being together! We've never really done anything BIG. We don't get each other expensive gifts or take a trip. But we'll usually get each other a little card, a framed picture. Something small, but has special meaning to us. Last year he was living 1,000 miles away for work and sent me flowers at my work, which was SO wonderful! The V-day after we got engaged he got me a single calla lily, he knew they were going to be the flowers in our wedding. :) I LOVE it when he thinks of little things like that!

This year I'm actually probably going to be on a small weekend trip with his mom and aunt to see his cousin in Chicago. We're leaving Saturday EARLY and will be coming back Sunday. Short trip, and while i'm excited to go, I hate that it's on Valentine's Day! I just wanted to maybe make us a special dinner, make him a special treat, maybe get some fun lingerie for later and just spend the day together since it's our first one being married. But who knows, I think I may be starting a new job next week and maybe I'll have to miss the trip. Guess we'll see!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

ArtBride:

I'm not married but we might as well be. lol

We also bought each other a couch for Valentines Day last year. Best present ever. This year I just want to play it low key and maybe just order in some Chinese food. My B-day is on the 26th so I'd like to go out and do something fun then. Thinking of going to a paint your own pottery studio.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I can think of something romantic that you can use that couch for....;)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

My FH & I don't see the big deal in holidays such as Valentine's day so we usually just get one another cards & the heart shaped boxes of candy along with a dinner out or ordering in.

This is our first Valentine's Day as an engaged couple so I will get a really sweet card & write how happy he has made me over the years & go out of my way to hide post its in his car & underwear drawers but I try to do that randomly anyway. We have a ski trip planned for this Saturday so we'll be spending the day together doing one of our favorite things together. It'll be a ncie weekend.

P.S. I had him promise that we'd go see Valentine's Day (the new movie with the A list cast) on opening day, this Friday! So pumped!

"Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

FH and I always celebrate Vday, it's the anniversary of our first date! (I usually wouldn't remember first date anniversary, but it's kinda hard to not remember Vday, lol). We were going to go to dinner, but his birthday is the friday after and with my work schedule I only have so many weekend days off to go and celebrate for both, so this year were going to my moms to celebrate his bday as well as my grandpas bday. I'm thinking of surprising him and cooking dinner on saturday for him though. I'm really hoping that he's going to surprise me with Mariah Carey tickets for Vday though, that'd be heaven!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine