Unique Ideas

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

CaliGa8r Posts : 12 Registered: 1/29/10
Re: Unique Ideas
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Very clever!
"Marriage is not only the beginning of a relationship but also the end of a life long search for the other half of your soul."

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: CaliGa8r

This was a unique idea a friend of a friend did: lottery tickets. I think that's awesome! I give them as gifts now too.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: CaliGa8r

I really like the idea of the preserves and honestly I would totally use them. Like Aunt said edible favors are the way to go. My MIL used the measuring spoons for my shower with her family and while they are SUPER cute, she had SO many left over!! Honestly, how many of those can you actually use! Now food on the other hand, especially food you like... well even if there are left overs you know atleast you'll eat them!

I'm not plugging for Burdicks Chocolate but it just so happens that the favors for both my wedding and my family shower we used their favors. It also really helps that my sister works there and was able to get us a discount. In addition to that I wanted something to represent my hometown and really that's the only thing in my small a$$ town! lol!

My Bridal shower favor:
The tag said "Meant to Bee"... it was really stinkin cute!
They had just came up with these and since my sister works there they used her as a tester. Needless to say they went off without a hitch.

Our wedding favor:
They are seriously delicious and there were NONE left over! I was smart enough to tell the coordinator to save me some!

Good luck and happy planning!

wedding ticker for myspace

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: CaliGa8r

I think caramel apples would be perfect for an October wedding and you could actually make them yourself to save money. You could roll them in candies or something to make 'em look extra special, maybe to incorporate your wedding color(s).

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine