Help me with aisle music!

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

bridalBunch Posts : 14 Registered: 1/18/10
Help me with aisle music!
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 12:15 AM

Hi friends.

I'm having an outdoor wedding and really want to walk down the aisle to Lovers in Japan by Coldplay. I'd prefer to not play the recording but have someone perform, but I'm wondering if anyone who knows about music (I do not) can suggest an instrument that would compliment the song well, aside from the piano.

Also, if someone 'happens' to know of an artist in the Kansas/Midwest area that would be fitting for this, do let me know! Videos of the song performed wtih whatever instrument would also be fabulous.

How did everyone else find musicians for their weddings? I know a guitarist but aside from that, I don't have the luxury of musically inclined friends!

Thanks!
B

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Help me with aisle music!
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: bridalBunch

Dear BB,

Here's an idea. Put up a bunch of index cards on bulletin boards at the local colleges and universities. (KU, K-State, WSU, etc) Musicians are always looking for gigs. Someone might see the ad and know someone who could help.

Tip: Keep a list of where you put the ads, so you can go back and take them down later. You don't want to get calls for the next five years on this.

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Re: Help me with aisle music!
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: bridalBunch

Colleges for the Arts are the best bet to find a musician. Do as AOTB suggested and post flyers on their community board. You will have students calling you in a matter of days (Especially if they are getting paid for playing) You can set up an "audition day" somewhere so you can hear how the song is played, meet the musician and make up your mind if you like how the music has been composed.
Your best alternative instrument would be a guitar if you do not want a piano. But, there are many electric keyboards that have been designed that have the same sound quality as a regular ivory keyed piano. Just remind the students to BYOI....Bring your own instrument! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And now I know why all the tree's change in the fall. I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. I love you for giving me you eyes. Standing back and watching me shine. I didn't know if you knew so I am taking this chance to say, 'I had the best day with you today."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine