Carat.cc Has anyone ordered from this company?

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Carat.cc Has anyone ordered from this company?
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 11:10 PM

www.carat.cc sells simulated diamonds set in 9kt gold. I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered a product from this site or knows anyone that has ordered. I am nuts over the Tiffany & Co celebration rings but obviously, I can not afford a 10k ring. Carat* has the exact (if not very similar) ring that Tiffany & Co sells for WAY cheaper. Can anyone help?

Krisko101 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/6/10
Re: Carat.cc Has anyone ordered from this company?
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 4:46 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

My husband bought my engagement ring from carat. I really wanted to avoid diamonds because the diamond "industry" is such a sketchy business.

I will say that overall I am thrilled with his decision. I adore my ring, and random strangers compliment me regularly using words like "stunning" and "wow."

It was not a perfect experience, by any means:

Carat.cc only goes down to a size 4 (I wear a 3.25), so I had to get a ring guard for the ring to fit. This actually turned out to be a good thing. The jeweler from whom we got the ring guard told us that it's better to buy the ring slightly large and wear a ring guard because as you get older, have children, and possibly develop arthritis, your fingers/knuckles will get bigger, and then your gorgeous ring won't fit anymore!

You will have to pay customs/duty tax to import the jewelry you buy into the country. This sounds more ominous than it actually is. FedEx handles all the paperwork, and you just pay them when they deliver your package. I think my husband had to pay $35.

My husband also waited until the very last second to buy the ring (no surprise there, lol), and they said it would take them the full 21 business days (4 weeks) to create and ship the ring in my size. He needed it sooner, so they rushed the production for him, and it got to his door the day before he was going to propose. Talk about perfect timing!

When it arrived, one of the small accent stones was missing, because one of the claws holding it broke. I think this was because they rushed it. It was just one of the tiny accent stones in the halo, and I didn't notice it until after I really stared at it for awhile (my husband didn't notice at all until I showed him.) They were completely willing to repair the damage, as well as replace the missing stone, but we didn't want to wait on shipping it back and forth to China. So, we took it to a jeweler/goldsmith in the mall, and he popped a little CZ in while we waited (maybe 10 minutes). Charged us $30 for the ring guard, replacing the CZ, and a jar of jewelry cleaner. Turned out to be just fine!

The company is from China. Because they are in a different time zone, they generally take about a day to respond to inquiries, but they always respond.

Even with all of those (really very minor) issues, we are extremely pleased with the product and the price point. Definitely worth it.

Here's some eye candy!

On my finger:

From Carat.cc:

Edited by: Krisko101 on Aug 6, 2010 4:56 AM (grammar)

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: Carat.cc Has anyone ordered from this company?
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine