Reception Halls--List of prices need feedback on which place

Online Users: 1,282 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 19

TkNJ Posts : 8 Registered: 2/3/10
Reception Halls--List of prices need feedback on which place
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 6:00 PM

Any feedback would be great

Looked at alot of places in Norther NJ for Saturday night Prices

Trump Golf Course(bedminster)--200++ Unbelievable. Fairy tail wedding! Ivanka trump got married here---would be my top choice--out of price range and a little far

Crystal Plaza-235++ No outdoor area--room in nice--cocktail room average--overpriced

The Manor--109++ Antiquated and not big rooms at all--Felt suffocated--good for 150 people--the drive in is the nicest part

il TULIPANO--140++ It was ok room not that great--Beautiful gardens and food

Brooklake CC- 165++ very nice scenery and grounds. Room is elegant but there is nicer venues for same price

The Villa--Beautiful room--140++ Not good for summer wedding no real outside

Cresmont CC--no price build your menu

Pleasantdale Chateau- 253++ 199++-- for a friday---Fairytale wedding

The seasons--145 ++ nice room no outside--tons of food

Nanina's in the Park---165++---Beautiful--different than all other places around--gardens are amazing!!

Greenbrook CC--170++--Room is nice if you like country club look. Will work on price with you

Skylands Castle--185++ plus there is a 4,000 site fee---Another place for a fairytale wedding

Glen Ridge CC--150++ just redone--good price--room average

Westmount CC--170++---Just redone---Gorgeous!!!

Mayfair Farms--110++---Best deal in NJ--Nice place and they give you the best value for your money

Florentine Gardens--235++---Beautiful venue and only 1 reception at a time

Alpine CC--225++ if not a member 200++ if member---Giant Castle---Awesome place!!

Cedar Hill CC--150++ never looked at it but got price

After looking at all these the choices we are between Nanina's and Westmount. Any Feedback on either one?!!

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Re: Reception Halls--List of prices need feedback on which place
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

Ooooh, I've been to a wedding at Pleasantdale and I swear it was probably the most extravagant "event" I'll ever attend in my life! Haha...it really was absolutely amazing. I think this place must book far in advance because the wedding we went to was on a Sunday evening.....SUNDAY! They really took advantage of all the space available. The ceremony was out front of the main house by the pond, the first part of the cocktail hour was in the atrium area (sooo nice and did you know that the movie Cocoon had parts taped there, mostly the pool? Pretty cool) then expanded into several different rooms and throughout the hall. Anything you could possibly imagine was served from lamb, beef, seafood, asian foods, italian foods a dessert bar, a special martini bar station because the bride's a huge martini fan and there was probably 5 or 6 fully stocked open bars (I'm leaving so much out). Then the "reception" in the main ballroom...Oh My GOD! Absolutely gorgeous!! Then we ate again...haha! They had a great menu, seated of course. I would obviously definitely recommend this place.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, woohooo!!

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

KnowlesRestaura... Posts : 2 Registered: 5/22/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

Hi, I saw your post and thought I'd respond. First off, congratulations on your engagement!

For full disclosure, I work for Pleasantdale Chateau, The Manor and, one place you didn't mention, Highlawn Pavilion. Located at the top of Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange with stunning views of the NYC skyline, its worth checking out. Ask to meet with Christopher Gellings - a terrific banquet manager - who will cater to your every need. There is an outdoor ceremony area, plus its in a park, and the food is outstanding. Lastly, it only offers one wedding at a time, which seems to be something you are very interested in having.

Best of luck,

Michael Mahle

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

I can't give feedback on either venue. I just am curious about one thing. If you narrowed it down to two venues, why did you post the prices and info on about a dozen other places? It makes your post a little long, and really it doesn't need to be there to answer the question.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

Can I ask what the hell the point of this post is? How can random people off the internet NOT from NJ even give you feedback? To me it sounds like you're just trying to brag about how much money you are spending. And being from NJ, I know there are A TON of places that are not that much.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I posted everything because people like me and some of my friends are interested in what places cost!! Why look at a place out of budget? For me, half these places were a waist of time and they don't give you prices over the phone!! It's pretty pathetic you would criticize a post, doesn't show much class.

I wanted feedback on a wedding at nanina's or westmount cc for myself. Anyone have any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Rylan Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

Okay, this may be a silly question, but what does the "++" mean after the number?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: Rylan

It means plus tax plus gratuity. It's usually around 27% extra. So for 150++ its actually $190 total.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

I think you're some sort of vendor.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Yup, must be a vendor because no one in their right mind would post all of that useless info and what in the world do those numbers mean? Is that PER person? My gosh that's A LOT of money!! If you are a vendor then you're wasting your time because no one wants to pay an arm and a leg, not the way the economy is.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Yea Cheetah those are per person and unfortunately they are accurate. I am familiar with some of those places and none of it surprises me. We're talking suburbs of NYC here...hence why it's so much.

I'm thinking vendor only b/c this post has been everywhere!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

There aren't any links, so it actually makes me think it's not a vendor. And yes Cheetah, those are actua prices and people still pay them. It's an EXPENSIVE area.

I had my reception at the Holiday Inn Express in Bridgeport NJ (way South) and it ended up at about $100/person once you figured in tax and gratuity. Which wasn't bad at all and included TONS of extras.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I would never ever ever pay those prices per person, not even if I had the money. I would put my money into good use somewhere else. We're paying around $70 per person at my wedding and that's still kinda pricey. But it does includes the cake and open bar and the center peices so it's not too too bad.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

If you are in that area of NJ you are paying those prices or doing it in a back yard (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I gotta 2nd what Pharm said. It's all relative to where you live. In the metro area of NYC where I am from, it is VERY difficult to find a reception space for less than $100 a person. Just like houses and other expensives, getting married in the city is more expensive.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine