The purpose of lingerie

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Re: The purpose of lingerie
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

On our honeymoon night I had on a nice piece of lingerie given to me @ my wedding shower. When my husband came out of the bathroom from taking his shower he was like: ok that's nice....now, um, take it off (we hadn't done the do since 7 months prior to that)

So in actuality, if he says it doesn't matter, don't put it on unless you think it will amp up the sex factor. But in my personal opinion, men really don't care.

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Yeah, I seriously LOVE this new joker! :)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

LexiAndClayton Posts : 26 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

MrsXSecretX....your half mormon... well im part swedish....do you even relize that mormon is a faith, a belief? you cant be half a faith, you follow some of the mormon ways. and there are plenty of reasons for sex besides kids. i love sex but dont plan on having kids for another 5 or 6 years. and honeslty you are pretty stupid, and well mormon haha (no offense if anyone else is)

reply to post purpose of lingerie... lingerie is fun, it could never hurt, go all out or not, its gonna end up on the floor.

Artbride...there definatly are people as stupid out there as mrsxsecretx i really hope shes joking but i wouldnt be surprised in the least if she really thinks the way she posts. (sadly, having lived in montana for a couple years you really do meet people like this)

Lexi and Clayton

***Unexpected what U did to my heart <3 ***

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: LexiAndClayton

New poster girl whose name I don't remember off the top of my head: Nobody said crap/nor do they care about what religion you are.

wedding widget

Megan0071234 Posts : 71 Registered: 8/24/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Yep, I am pretty sure sex was involved in making my two kids.. maybe I missed something :)

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I think it's up to you and the FH. If you don't care either way but the FH really enjoys lingerie in general and you should try it.

I am hoping to find a corset or something that I can wear under my dress. But if I don't their probably won't be any wedding night lingerie just some for the honeymoon.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

I brought a couple on the honeymoon, wore them for their intended purpose misssecretx...SEX SEX SEX :) But since we already have all our kids, does that mean we shouldn't be having sex? I don't think DH would like that, and I know I wouldn't, guess we'll continue then living out our heathen, non mormon, or non half mormon lives.

By the way, it's nice to have a new poster like this. It breaks up the monotomy of my days, and they are always so fun to read!! :) None as fun as BBS, but still, fun none the less. Thanks misssecretx. The half mormon. Are you even an adult? Kinda sounds like something one of our teen age boys would do while bored, and the grammar definitely sounds like their my space communications...

to the actual poster with the lingerie question, it just depends on what you both want to do, I didn't wear any on the wedding night because I didn't wear it under the dress. As far as having sex or not, the lingerie didn't matter. We did on the wedding night and all during the honeymoon, lingerie or not. It's just fun to wear sometimes but generally I forget about it so rarely end up actually wearing it.

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I bought lingerie for my honeymoon and never even used it. By time we got there and got showered we just jumped right in and did it!! No time for putting things on lol
Photobucket

www.weddingcountdown.com

irishinlove Posts : 16 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 1:23 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

You are already going to look stunning in your wedding gown (and feel super hot), but if you feel like sexy lingerie would make you feel sexier then by all means - GO FOR IT! I know that I FULLY intend to go all out on some sexy outfits for my honeymoon. Even if I don't make it into them, at least I have something for a rainy day! I just know that I personally feel sexy when I wear something like that, so it couldn't hurt! And if FH says he doesn't care, then he most likely really doesn't. I know I've asked my FH and he says the same thing. He says that it will be coming off anyway, so what's the point? But I think it adds a little something extra! :)

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: Megan0071234

Yep, I am pretty sure sex was involved in making my two kids.. maybe I missed something :)

Really? Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

PandaDumpling Posts : 4 Registered: 1/11/09
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

i really don't think it's necessary. My honey thinks i'm sexiest in one of his button-up shirt and NOTHING else. haha. I want whatever happens on our wedding night to be spontaneous, not planned. Lingerie seems to make you plan something.

I'm sure it will be special and if there is alcohol involved hahah there will be no end to the laughs we will have the next morning as we eat loads of fruit.
Dumpling and Panda.

Robinsday Posts : 2 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: May 24, 2009 3:39 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Here is my thoughts on wearing lingerie on your wedding night. It may or may not be important to you on whether you wear it or not and only you can decide. But for me I plan on wearing some sexy lingerie for that night, as it will be another special memory that we have. I know I will only wear my wedding dress the one day, but the lingerie I wear that night can be worn at any time and I think it will rekindle fond memories of our special night together. But every person is different and has their own reasons for wearing or not wearing lingerie.

Yogabags Posts : 2 Registered: 5/24/09
Posted: May 24, 2009 4:38 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Maybe it was just a miracle...

Yoga Bags

Yoga Mat Bags

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: May 24, 2009 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: Robinsday

I like the idea of wearing lingerie, and my FH loves to see me in it. He's actually appreciative though and won't take it off immediately. We leave it on during until we decide it's in the way. Haha. To keep it special for our wedding I have never bought anything white. I have my own mini-Fredrick's of Hollywood in my bedroom, but decided to stick with colors until the wedding/honeymoon. I don't think wedding night lingerie is necessary, but I want to wear something hot, and I know FH will love it, so I plan to.

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I've worn a lingerie top (the only part that was see-through was below the chest area) infront of FH acouple days ago and he barely noticed me. When I was doing the dishes, I was wearing it and he asked "Why are you wearing a nightie for?", and I was like "Just cause I want to", and then he said "Oh okay, I thought you were trying to suduce me by wearing that". Hopefully if I wear lingerie during the honeymoon he will notice and like it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine