How To Spot A Bridezilla

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Re: How To Spot A Bridezilla
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

16. Couple is in jewelry store. Bride picks out a $20,000 ring. Fiance says very sweetly, "Honey, I can't really afford that." Bride says, "I'm not worth $20,000? Then I won't marry you!" and she storms out of the jewelry store.

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

She has a guest list that includes everyone and anyone that she ever meet and since mom & dad are footing the bill, they say NO to her & she has a crying fit because she wants to have a 500 person reception.

She also expect an over the top brida shower & bach party weekend. Anyone in the WP are not allowed to say no these events esp the bach party weekend.

VivaLasVegasBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

This is fun, and kind of scary because you know there's brides out there that are like this!

I got one:

She tells all of her family and friends her brother is being mean for getting married a few weeks after her even though he's been engaged longer and he and his fiance found out that she (brother's fiance) might have cancer, so they moved their date up 6 months so she can get on his insurance.

Edited by: VivaLasVegasBride on Jan 27, 2010 1:53 PM

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: VivaLasVegasBride

LOL! You are right, it is fun and kind of scary. I'm sure there is a "little bridezilla" in us all! The reason I thought of this is because I was a vendor at a big bridal show on Sunday and I spent a lot of time watching brides come and go and while most of them were very kind and sweet, there were some that I could just tell were Bridezillas Waiting To Happen! Especially the ones who had their Mothers and all their bridesmaids in tow, barking orders to them. It was funny, because MOH's would stop at my booth and pick up information about bridal counseling and say "She is going to need this!" It was pretty funny.

One groom came up to my booth and asked me what "The Bride Whisperer" did, and when I told him he said, "Oh, my fiance needs this, but I better get back to her because if I am gone from her for two long then I will get in trouble."

So, that is where the idea came from. Like I said, most of the brides were wonderful. But a Bridezilla can be easy to spot if you know what to look for! Ha!

www.bride-whisperer.com

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

19. The Bridezilla has her FH on a leash. A very short leash.

www.bride-whisperer.com

SanaChan Posts : 47 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

A bridezilla will ask for your opinion, but threaten to kick you out of the wedding if your opinion differs from hers.
"Those who want to relive their youth, are probably too old to remember it."

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 1:39 AM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Wow Francie, that's funny! It'd be fun to people watch at a bridal expo! Sadly the bridezilla example I posted actually happened.

Okay back to funnier ones... hmmmm.... how about she registers at 5 different stores and then has her bridesmaids email her registry info to people not even invited to the wedding!

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: VivaLasVegasBride

I got one:

A bride who refuses to let her BM's wear jewellry at the wedding because she has to look better than everyone else on her BIG DAY!!!

True Story.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

23. She pays for everything using her daddy's credit card. I mean, everything.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

They come on bridal message boards to write barley coherent messages, brining up comments made ages and ages ago, that they perceived to be mean because it was not what they wanted to hear. They also think that people are trying to ruining their happiness by having the nerve to give advice on marriage from the perspective of a person who is well..... married.

wedding tickers

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Gasp! The nerve! Giving relevant advice to a bride, how dare these married people! lol! Some thread titles should really be "Only post if you agree with me, if not, don't bother!"

Ooh I got another one, how about she's a bridezilla if she demands her guests to dress in her wedding colors and sends them swatches just to make sure they match exactly.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Starfish - You mean the ones who THREATEN to leave the board after their questions were answered truthfully but they were ATTACKED (in their mind) - but then still come back and bash random threads and people??

Yeaha - beat me to it.

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

a bridezilla insists on arriving at her ceremony in a horse pulled carriage... with her groom acting as one of the horses...

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: EWF

Pharm that is exactly what I mean.

A bridezillia's dress cost more than 6 months worth of mortgage payments and she made her parents refinance thier home to afford it.
wedding tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Say were 30 or so - A bridezilla is someone who insists on getting married in a particular month even though it means her FH will have to go without medical insurance for several months until he graduates school.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine