Share the details about your ring!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 314

JamieShell Posts : 10 Registered: 7/21/09
Re: Share the details about your ring!
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

I just got engaged over the weekend. My ring is a round 3/4 carat single solitaire. It's so beautiful, he did such a wonderful job. I had said (though not to him) that I thought a three-stone would look better on my hand but now that I have my ring I can't imagine anything more lovely to look at on my hand. It's simple, elegant and timeless. Exactly what I had hoped for. The pictures don't do it justice but here are some.

Here is the official picture from Kay Jewelers:

And here it is on my finger. You'll have to excuse the poor quality. It was taken on my cell phone because my digital camera has been broke a couple of months now. :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He asked me to become his Queen Butterfly on August 29th, 2009!

Future Mrs. P!

mikesangel4lf Posts : 26 Registered: 4/11/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

My ring is perfect for me. It has Celtic Trinity Knots on each side of the stone. I personally picked it out and it cost my fiance 40 dollars. Eventually I would love to replace the stone with a ruby (I honestly don't like diamonds).
.925 Sterling Silver
Approx. ½ carat CZ
Enclosed setting

[url=http://www.ezticker.com/]
imghttp://www.ezticker.com/ticker/107/1293/20111027/My+Wedding/ticker.png[/img]

ajc Posts : 24 Registered: 3/9/07
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

Congrats to all other engaged brides to be! You all have such lovely rings.

Here's mine. It wasn't at all what I thought I would have wanted at first. However, as you can see, I lack dainty graceful fingers. Having a wider band sort of helped it from getting lost on my hand.

The center stone is about 1.09, F, VS1 but who knows about the rest. I believe I might actually have it reset when it's time to pick out wedding bands.

Hope everyone has a great day. -A

http://www.brides.com/upload/images/user/2/1/5/215257409/00_main/501571405_primary.jpg

loveisjoy Posts : 85 Registered: 2/6/09
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

I finally received my ring tonight. It is soo beautiful...None of the pictures would come out, so I will just attach a picture of the ring that I gave my jeweler to create for me...

My Center stone is 2.08 carats. My trillions are .40 each, and then I have stones all throughout the band...I just LOVE IT.....

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: loveisjoy

Does it make me a bad person when I find out my fiancee's ex is getting married and I want my ring to be bigger than hers? (which it is hehehe)

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... </center>

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

I am amazed at some of the pictures previous posts have taken of their rings! I've been engaged for a little over a month, and I just can not get a good picture of my ring, not for lack of trying though! haha. Hopefully we will be able to get a few good ones when we get our engagement pics taken. :)

Oh, and I really enjoy looking at everyone's rings. I could do it all day. lol. It's great to share in everyone's excitement!

http://www.mywedding.com/rachaelandteddy/blog.html

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I was reading this forum and have to say after I was ATTACKED once before that this is the WORST website if you want real advice and girls to support and be KIND( what an idea) to you! And to the woman that have been married 10 years and still on a wedding website, you already had your day, stop bitching at others that are newly engaged and happy! And as for KOW and kelley and heidi so what if she was bragging is it any of our places to say that she can't! WootsaBride your ring is beautiful and I know you have moved on from this. But you have no idea how many times I have come back just to look for a few minutes and see where these girls are being mean AGAIN! Try it once to be nice!

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

If you're talking about the thread you wrote when you asked if you were being selfish, I read the "attacking" response, and I really don't get what your problem was. Really, I don't.

Support comes in many forms, even when it's words you don't want to hear. Sometimes the kindest thing is to be honest.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

REALLY, then maybe you should go back and reread the way people said things. Sorry I was raised that if you don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all! Whenever I come back to this forum, which isnt very much at all, there is always someone and usually the same few girls being mean and ugly! Why do we have to be so ugly, this is suppose to be a happy time in all the brides to be lives people need to stop taking that away!

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Jenn your ring is beautiful! I have to remember to get a picture of my ring with my wedding flowers.

May2011 are you 17? If you don't have anything nice to say only applies when you are not asking for honest opinions.
wedding tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: JennfromFolsom

Jenn - I love the picture of your rings! That's awesome! And the rings are very pretty too. ;-)

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Sorry I was raised that if you don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all!

Out of curiousity, which would you prefer:

1) that someone tell you you are right even if they think you are wrong, or

2) that someone tell you are wrong when they think you are wrong?

Perhaps the difference between us is that I think it's actually much nicer for people to be honest with me when I ask them their opinions. Lying to me, or ignoring me, which is what you'd have them to do, seems to me quite mean, actually.

Just food for thought. Carry on.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thank you, my hubby has incredible taste! Yes make sure you get a good ring shot! I wanted a shot of the rings on the heel of my wedding shoes, but I wore wedges for our outdoor wedding, so there was no heel, so he did this! We also did a show your wedding rings shot too...

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

May2011beach.... you're still here? I thought you left two weeks ago, never to return, because we were so mean to your whiney butt.

And you're back, and still whining? Get over it girl.

Yes, there was some sniping at Wootsa. At that point in time Wootsa deserved it. She had been extremely rude in one thread (and I do mean extremely rude). However, Wootsa, unlike you, never deleted her posts, never threw a hissy fit about leaving. She stood up for herself (yeah, that didn't help much), but she at least didn't complain about her treatment and leave (and then of course, not actually leave). She's still here, and she still posts here.

Now...if you're going to scream and say you're leaving, you actually have to leave. Never say it if you're not going to do it.

May2011beach, you were not attacked. You asked a question. You were given an honest answer to the question. The problem is that you didn't like the answer, so you complained about it and called people names. That is when you got the backlash. AND you tried to delete your post (we do not like it when bratty little bridezillas try to do that). Now, you think to come in here and chastise people? You're just a ridiculous person.

Newsflash: You are a selfish brat. I pity your FH.

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine