Help me decide if this is my dress....

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21

kaylasqui05 Posts : 15 Registered: 11/19/09
Help me decide if this is my dress....
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 9:24 AM

I love this dress... I think. Its so hard for me to make decisions. I only tried on 3 dresses and this one fits great! it is very slimming which is what I wanted and it holds up my big boobs. and its not snug, its very comfortable I just cant decide if its the one. I am going to try it on again this coming up weekend with my bridesmaids but I am still undecided. I am posting front and half back pictures. Please give me positive and negative feedback.

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: Help me decide if this is my dress....
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

I think that dress fits you like a glove! It shows off your curves & as you mentioned, the rouching (sp?) does have a slimming effect. It's beautiful & works for you. Another plus is that you won't have to lift up your dress during your reception becuse of the halter, it works!
Congratulations on your engagement as well as finding your dress!

LovelyBridetoBe Posts : 15 Registered: 9/12/09
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

You look absolutly stunning!!!!! I wouldn't think twice about it!!!!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

I love the way it fits in the back, but I'm not thrilled about how it fits in the front. I think a sweatheart neckline with halter straps would look gorgeous on your chest, but I would want the sweathert to sit just a bit lower, with halter straps a bit wider. Also, be wary of rouching. Rouching can be slimming, but when it creates horizontal lines across your mid-section, that area can look thicker than you really want. My eyes actually went straight to your chest (instead of to your neckline and face, which is what I think you'd really want).

These are just early opinions, based on this picture, before any fitting. It's also hard to tell how tall you are, which can affect things as well.

Whatever dress you choose, good luck!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Just4Me Posts : 11 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

Hello,

I agree with the others! You look absolutely stunning!!!. Like you I have a large bust. Have you tried Anne Barge designs? I love her gowns!!. I have an Anne Barge for my vow reaffirmation. You look to be a classic. She has a gown that is similar to what you have on but the bodice is styled for a woman with large breast. The alencon lace and pearls on the top of the gown makes ones bust look less buxom.

Another designer that has similar gowns as you are wearing is Ines Di Santo. Her gowns are awesome too. Have you tried on a strapless gowns. The wire that is used in the bodice of strapless gowns will hold up large boobs. Manuel Mota has a gown very similar to what you have on, too. Check out Pronovias they Manuel Mota gowns.

You are a beautiful woman who has a shapely body, take the time to look at a few more designers. There are more designers out there than you would think who design gowns for women with large breast.

Here is a pic of my gown for our vow reaffirmation.

This gown I am going to change into for the reception and after party.

Good luck with your gown search!! I hope this helps. I too am in the same boat as you with breast bigger than the rest of my body. I wear a street size 10, in the waist and hips. But my boobs are 38DD.

Congrats!!
ra

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Just4Me

That is a beautiful dress, But I am going to have to agree with MsD that it really brings all of the attention to your chest. Your body looks wonderful in it, but your face just disapears. You want to wear a dress, not the dress wearing you, and in this case, I think the dress is wearing you. But if you love it, it does look good on you. I say try on more dresses, try some diffrent designers. Alfred Angelo, and Maggie Sottero have some great dresses for all sizes. Good luck and Conratulations!!

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

You do look very nice in the dress. I like the rouching on you. This could very well end up being your wedding dress

But, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that you should keep looking. Not every bride will have that "omg tears this is my dress moment" but you should at least know deep down that it is definitely your dress. If you don't know deep down that it's your dress, keep looking. You've only tried on three dresses which isn't very many, and they probably all came from the same store. I'd say go elsewhere then come back to it if you're sure it's the one for you.

When I was shopping at the first store, I tried on a dress that I loved. I almost put a payment on it, but something deep down inside me nagged on me to keep looking, since it wasn't what I had originally wanted in a dress. I loved the dress but was unsure about whether it was my wedding dress. I went to a different store that same day. I looked at the first dress they pulled in the bag and was like yup, that's it. I put it on and I knew it was the one. So my advice is if you don't know, especially after a few days of thought, then it may not be the dress for you.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: AmyJustin2010

It looks okay. I'd say more that the dress is wearing you, not you wearing the dress. Sorry! I know there is a dress out there that is going to make you feel unbelieveably beautiful. You're gorgeous and you deserve a dress that highlights that!

Misty

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

you look like you have a similar body type to what I have and I tried on a couple of dresses that looked almost identical to the one you have on in the picture. I think it looks amazing from the waist down, but I think you can find a more flattering style for the top. I had the exact same problem! I felt like the first thing everyone was going to see was my chest....instead of my curves or my face! My chest is a bit smaller than yours so I was able to find a strapless sweetheart neckline dress that looked much better on me. I know you probably wouldnt want to go strapless, but if they fit the dress to you right, you could definitely pull it off. It seemed to me that the less fabric I had near the top, the smaller I looked. I definitely stayed away from halter tops...it seems to make the upper half look bigger than it really is. I am sorry I am rambling lol The dress looks very nice on you but I think you could find something that flatters you more. I know I personally tried on like 60-80 dresses before I found the one! I don't know if you are near a store that carries the line, but I bought a Private Label by G dress. They have a special plus size line and they really flatter, they will even custom make the dress to your measurements. Plus they are not anymore expensive than the dresses at david's bridal. I think you are from Georgia? If you are you should make the trip to Bridal Mart in North Carolina. They have tons of dresses in every size and they are really affordable...thats where i found my dress!

p.s.- in the end all that matters is how you feel in the dress! Choose the one that YOU feel the prettiest in!!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Thanks for the responses. I really like the dress but I am not sure yet if it is the one. I am going to try it on again this coming up saturday with my bridesmaids to get their opinions and see about alterations to the dress. I love the back of the dress and maybe with a few alterations to the front i will love it too. This is tough!!

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

Wow is that a David's Bridal gown? It's gorgeous and looks great on you. But like the others said, if you are not 100% sure, keep trying on other gowns until you are sure. You can always go back and order that gown. I made the mistake of buying too soon and was a two dress bride! I found the one I loved though.....long after I made my first purchase. I was able to sell the first one, but it's stress no bride needs! Good luck and keep us posted on what happens!

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: JennfromFolsom

I took everyone's advice and looked around more. I tried on a ton more dresses and still kept thinking about this dress! So I went back this past weekend with all my bridesmaids and tried this dress on again and realized this is the one for me! We are making a few alterations to it. adding a little more fabric to the top so I am not showing as much and we have even thought about removing the halter strap all together and just making it a sweetheart neckline strapless.I absolutely love this dress! I love the rouching around the waist and feel very comfortable and confident in this dress. Cannot wait for my wedding in August!

angeleeka Posts : 19 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

I love this dress on you! But I do agree that the top is bringing a lot of attention to itself. I think it's a really good idea to remove the halter strap and make it a sweetheart neckline strapless dress. Or even use spaghetti straps? Otherwise, it is just too cute and the rouching is just perfect. I hope it all works out for you!

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

Love that idea! Good luck!

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

That's my dress! I love it because of the way it fits. I think it looks great on you!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine