Wedding Flowers

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 7

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Wedding Flowers
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 8:04 AM

I am just curious, what type of flowers is everyone using for their wedding?

LoveSmartDesign Posts : 11 Registered: 12/19/09
Re: Wedding Flowers
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Here are some pictures from my September wedding!

For custom wedding puzzles and games, visit www.LoveSmartDesign.com!

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

My bouquet is solid yellow roses, while the bridesmaids bouquets are a mix of roses and daisies. The flower girl gets an all daisy bouquet to carry. The parents and groomsmen boutonniere are either white or yellow roses (cant remember) and the grandparents are getting carnation bouts. FH isn't wearing a bout since he will be in uniform.

My best advice is to shop around for flowers. We're getting ours done by the best florist in town--she is charging us less than a dollar a stem for roses. She says that since people assume roses are expensive 99% of florists overcharge, when in reality they are pretty cheap.

Just4Me Posts : 11 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Hello,

I am going to use cream and red roses, gardenias, peonies, orchids and hydrangeas with lots of greenery. My colors are cream, silver and Merlot. Here are a few of the pictures.

I am using cream and silver floral in the church (roses, peonies, orchids and hydrangeas: all in cream colors with lots of greenery and silver accents), The cocktail hour I am using a combo of cream roses, merlot color roses, and cream peonies with willow trees and silver accents. The reception I am using merlot color roses, cream roses, cream hydrangeas, cream peony and orchids with willow trees and silver accents. The natural waterfall we are using gardenias, orchids and floating votive candles. The after party we are using a combination of all the floral with willow trees and the silver accents.

Good luck, this has been the most difficult aspect of our plans. Floral require so much time and $$$$.

RA

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: Just4Me

Most flowers are super expensive, so I'm planning on keeping flowers and floral arrangements to a minimum. But I need a bouqet & it would be romantic to have a few flowers in the reception area along with tons of candles of course.
I'm thinking of using hydrangeas! They come in a variety of colors & are truly beautiful, while also inexpensive. Here are some photos.
Go to fullsize image

Go to fullsize image

Go to fullsize image

Go to fullsize image

"Have I Told You Lately that I love you? Have I told you there's no one else above you? Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Using flowers that are in season help keep down the costs.

I wanted certain colors, so I gave my florist free rein with the flowers as long as the colors were what I wanted. I'll have to dig up some pics.

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Mine were roses and callalillies...

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 2:02 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine