Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

crystalgal Posts : 46 Registered: 8/14/08
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

Hello Soontobmrslewis and all! Yeah I'm one of those slackers. It's now 3 months since been married in Eternity and yet I still haven't posted pics. LOL. We are not even done with our professional album. I'll seriously try to post pics soon. Wow only 3 months to go...getting nervous?? It's soooo much fun and flies by, I recommend you have a videographer or someone video tape your wedding and reception.

Soon2BSavannahOrr Posts : 3 Registered: 12/9/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: crystalgal

Hey is anyone going to the tasting tomorrow????

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BSavannahOrr

Hi Girls, long time no chat. I hope everyone is doing well -- I've got a new question that I don't think has been asked yet....

Does anyone know of a cool piano bar or night spot to have a kickin after party for the younger guests? Nothing too clubby, loud, etc. Just a nice lounge to have a couple martini's and listen to some tunes.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas!!

LissettC Posts : 11 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

My daughter is getting married aboard the Eternity in September 2010. We checked with Electra regarding audiovisual equipment for a wedding slideshow. Apparently they don't have any equipment onboard the yacht. As anyone played a wedding slideshow and, if so, can you tell me where you rented your equipment?

FutureSauls Posts : 5 Registered: 1/13/10
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Brides.com community, and I just wanted to let all of you know that this thread has helped me make my decision! I am definetely gonna use the Destiny yacht Electra. I have a meeting with Donna on the 20th of this month, and I am looking towards a date of July 16, 2011, hopefully its not taken already:). I know its far away, but hey, rather start now than later. So im hoping this thread stays alive for alot longer.

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

Welcome Future Sauls!

It's good you are planning ahead. My wedding is this April and I booked in early February of last year and 2010 was already EXTREMELY booked for the popular months... so I'm sure booking now is a good idea if you want to get married in a popular summer month in Newport!

This blog helped me tons during my decision process, and has helped me tons even during my planning just to get ideas of what other brides have done on the yachts. It also helped me come up with questions to ask Electra.

So far I've been extremely pleased with my time with Electra and I've worked with Lorraine mostly and have had a great experience with her.

Good luck and be sure to stick around! :)

-Laura... the future Mrs. Lewis

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 1:16 AM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

Hi LisettC,

I booked the Destiny about three months ago for June 11, 2011. I'm working with Donna as well. She is the sweetest woman ever! I hope you're able to get the date you're looking for :)

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Hi Amy805,

If you dont mind me asking, how many people are on your guest list? Because I have 150, and I know the destiny has a max of 150, so Im concerned with the yacht being crowded. I may have to look into the Eternity boat as well.

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

We are inviting 140 but we're certain they won't all accept the invitation. We anticipate 100-125 to actually attend.

The Eternity is freaking amazing but I decided that we would put the money we saved by booking the Destiny into other things like appetizers, a videographer (we weren't going to hire one), a second entree, etc.

A lot of my guests are coming from the East Coast so I know they'll be excited to get on ANY of the Electra yachts. They're each unique in their own way.

Have you seen any of the yachts in person yet?

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

I only seen pictures I cant wait to see them though. I agree with you regarding utilizing the savings towards upgrades for the Destiny ship. I just dont know what the prices are going to look like once I get there and meet with Donna, so im really anxious to see what Im getting into.

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

Hey Girls,

We got married on the Destiny in October and we had 80 people. To be completely honest, during our meal we were pretty crowded. To the point where my mother and father actually picked up the table and moved it. The problem is some of the chairs are up against the sides of the ship. Its impossible to get out once you and the other guests have sat down. I really don't know how they can fit 150 in there. Each table holds 10 people. We had a total of 9 tables and we were still cramped. On the second floor where you have the couches and tables so that worked out well for us. We didnt really have anyone standing unless they were dancing.

Let me know if anyone needs anything!!

Christina

Edited by: Chrissybear86 on Feb 11, 2010 2:34 PM

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

ChrissyBear86,

Thank you for letting me know. That was an issue I was worried about. Im not sure how much more the eternity is, but I might have to look into that yacht or cut down my guest list. I guess I will see once I meet with Donna on the 20 to review my options.

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

Hello Future Sauls,

My hudband and I got married on the Eternity in October and we had a total of 130 guests. The size of the yacht was perfect for the size of our wedding. I think that when we broke out the cost difference between the Destiny and the Eternity it ended up being something like $2500. Just keep in mind that the more tables you have and the more guests you have, the more expensive it gets. Also something to think of is that if you have a lot of out of town guests, then you may have a higher decline rate. We invited 200 or so guests and only 130 accepted. Most of my out of town family and friends didn't come out because of the expense to fly and rent hotels rooms and cars.

A major benefit of going with the Eternity is that elderly guests can get around a bit easier as the stair cases are much wider and there is an elevator (which was really popular). The boat was wonderfully roomy but it never felt too large for the size of our party.

Best of luck with your planning!!!
-RetroBride

-Nicole

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSauls

Hi. I was married on the Athena-which is about the same size as the Destiny- and we had 115 guests. It was cozy- but we managed. My original guest list was close to 150, and I was praying people wouldn't come so it wouldn't be packed. It worked out perfectly. My only complaint was that they had to take down 3 tables after dinner so we could dance (and those guests ended up joining other tables or hanging out on the outside of the dance floor or going downstairs, but you don't have that problem on the Destiny as your dancing is on a separate floor.

Soon2bMrsHultner Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

We invited around 110 and are hoping for 100 because that is the minimum for the Destiny so we want to actually have at least as many guests that we have to pay for, if need be we will go to our "B" list. We are going to do 11 tables with 9 OR 8 at each table and a sweetheart table because I didn't want it to be too squished, I don't know how they are able to fit 150 seated comfortably! I really think anything over 110 should be on the Eternity because that yacht can hold A TON of seated people! I can't believe we only have 49 more days, we are sooo excited and are happy we chose Electra Cruises!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine