Theme Help/Advice

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

kaylasqui05 Posts : 15 Registered: 11/19/09
Theme Help/Advice
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 4:31 PM

My fiance and I are huge disney fans. So I want to incorporate Disney in the wedding. There are so many cute Mickey and Minnie things but also cute Cinderella things. I am having troubel deciding if we should go with a Mickey and Minnie Theme or Cinderella theme.

Cinderella will be easy b/c there is so much out there. but mickey and minnie would be a challenge. any ideas on how we could incorporate both without just looking like a mess?
I also need table centerpiece ideas of both.... I am not a flower person so most of my decorations will be candles.

This is tougher than I thought it would be.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Theme Help/Advice
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

Disney World is famous for the "hidden Mickeys". Why not do that? REALLY subtle, but there nonetheless. For example, get Mickey Ice Trays and have the ice in your punch bowl be Mickeys.

Here's a cute cake that isn't WAY over the top:

Wedding Cake with Mickey Mouse theme

Bridesmaids necklaces:
http://www.polyvore.com/crystal_mickey_mouse_ears_necklace/thing?id=9717493

But going with the hidden mickey theme.... count them up, and then ask the guests to guess how many mickeys you have (have a prize...like a pair of Mouse Ears...for the winner)

You don't have to be overt. It could be something simple like a mickey charm dangling from your bouquet, or table names based off of classic Disney movies, and using something representative.

Cinderella -- Glass Shoes
Aladdin -- "Carpet" placemats
Little Mermaid - Sea Shell Decor
Beauty and the Beast - Assorted Tea pots
Fantasia - Little Hippos
Cars - Matchbox Cars

My DH and I actually did a Disney Themed Rehearsal Dinner (but not really elaborate)

Misty

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Thats a really great idea, Cat. I'd also like to add that there is a whole line of Disney princess inspired weddng dresses created by Kirstie Kelly. You can pick a wedding dress inspired by Cinderella, or any of the princesses.

On WE TV they have a show called Disney Dream Weddings. The weddings are desgined by David Tutera and are absolutely gorgous. If you visit their website you might be able to gather some more ideas. Everything is done with pure elegance, nothing cheesy or childish.

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: kaylasqui05

Cat took the idea right out of my head! You can totally do a Cinderella theme but have "hidden Mickeys"! I think that would be really fun.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine