INVITATIONS!

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

futuremrsridl Posts : 14 Registered: 6/19/08
INVITATIONS!
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 10:24 PM

hey all! i am looking for something different and creative that i can make for myself as far as invitations! my best friend made hers out of brown paper bags folded in half and scrapbooked them all cute and i want to do something equally creative! does anyone out there have any ideas similar to that??? or just anything creative.... thanks!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: INVITATIONS!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsridl

Your friend's brown paper bag idea is so cute & creative! Wow, I'm impressed. Some unique DIY invititations that I've seen or heard of are a bookmark, postcard or a photo of the two of you with the invite printed on it.
And since your friend was so creative with her invites, you mgiht want to ask her about other ideas that she may have. Seems like a rather crafty individual! Goodluck!

Go to fullsize image

Rylan Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsridl

Do you have a theme in mind for your wedding? You definitely do not need a theme, but if you have one that's sometimes a good place to start for thinking of creative ideas.

Here are a few questions that might help us come up with ideas that would work for you:

• Do you want to make your own invitations, or would you prefer to pay someone else to make them?
  • If you are going to make them, how much time would you be willing to invest?
  • What kinds of activities do you and your FH enjoy doing together? This might give us ideas of invitations that would fit you as a couple.
  • What part of the year is your wedding?

I was very fortunate in that the guy I married was very involved in helping all aspects of the wedding (and the marriage!). Together, we made scroll invitations, bound them with ribbon, and played with fire as we stamped them with sealing wax. See the picture below. (If you want to make these, we've posted a how-to on our website.)

Double scroll invitation

I've also seen some really cute handmade invitations that involved an accordian style fold and bound with ribbon. I'm not describing it well. I'll see if I can find one and post a picture.

Good luck!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsridl

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine