October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

jessicaryn Posts : 5 Registered: 6/8/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I'm getting married 10-2-10 and got engaged 10-29-08. I started planning immediatly after. I've had my venues & vendors booked for a year now. It sounds crazy but I didnt even get my first choice for a DJ. Now I am so glad that I started early....people thought I was crazy but my FH and & have gone through so many life changes recently....we both relocated to a different state and took new jobs and jjust bought a house.obviously wedding planning got put on hold for a bit so it was really good that I started early. I had a good vision in my head and I worked for an event planning agency part time so that helped a lot. If ya need help getting ideas together dont hesitate to ask =)

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: jessicaryn

I've been trying to pick out a wedding band, but I've been having a hard time. Here is a picture of my engagement ring (except mine has a princess cut diamond) and the second link is the wedding band I'm thinking about getting. Do you think the round diamonds on the wedding band would look funny with the square diamond of the engagement ring? What do you think?

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=358

http://www.ultradiamonds.com/jewelry/detail.cfm?title=1ctw%20White%20Gold%20Round%20Diamond%205%20Stone%20Band&mid=14249&cat_num=0&subcat_num=126#

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

i also got my save the date magnets from magnetstreet.com. so did a friend of mine too. they are really nice, and pretty cheap too.

Bailey- my engagement ring is actually round diamonds set in a square setting.... so no... i dont think mixing the round and square would look weird. but, the best way to see is to go try some rings on. I thought mine would look good with a certain type, turns out it looks better with others. :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Well I have had my first major meltdown over the last couple of days. I am tired of no one acting as if they want to be involved. Not even the FH. every time I ask his opinion he just says "uh huh all right". When we are around any family no one brings up the wedding. I feel like if I bring up the wedding I am shoving it down their throats. My maid of honor and bridesmaids never call to see how things are going or if there is anything that I need help with. It is all kind of depressing. I finally told the FH that we can just get married at the court house. I won't have to plan anything for that. It sounds nice but I wouldn't go that far. I guess all of a sudden I feel like I am the only one excited about this wedding and that why should I care if no one else does? We will see what the weekend brings. There is a bridal show this weekend that I asked my mom and MOH and a BM to go with me to. We will just have to wait and see if anyone goes with me.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

Holly I'm sorry you feel that way. The reality is that no one is as excited as you. They have their own things to deal with and worry about. I wouldn't take it personal. It happened to me too! When I first got engaged my FH family didn't even seem to care. But as the wedding date got closer and closer they ask more questions and seem to be more interested. Luckily my MOH is my sister so I feel comfortable bringing up wedding stuff to her. My FH at times tells me he doesn't care with what songs we pick or what favor we pick. I think it' s just a guy thing lol. But then other times he wants to help out a lot! So I think it just all depends on people's moods. I'm sure your mom and moh and bridesmaid will be more than happy to go with you to the bridal show. Let us know how it goes. I'm going to one this weekend too! :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Southernbell2010 Posts : 19 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Holly I have those days too where I feel like no one cares but me. Cheetah is right no one is as excited about your wedding but you, but in time people will come around.

Live, Laugh, Love Kiss

jessicaryn Posts : 5 Registered: 6/8/08
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

Bailey2B - I would look for more of a pave diamond band where the diamonds are small and set into the band more (see below). The band you picked is beautiful but I dont think it goes well w/your georgous engagement ring.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: jessicaryn

Whatever the decision you come to about your ring is going to be the right one for you because it symbolizes the life you are going to have. (cheesy but it's true!)

All the rings look nice in MHO.

Some wedding updates:

I feel really behind on getting a videographer but we just recently found out we would be able to afford one. So I found one who charges $1,295 for all day coverage. Everything from bridal prep to leaving the reception which is amazing so I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Also, I found a hair and makeup stylist that I like who will come to you the day of and do hair, airbrush makeup, lash application, and veil placement for $100! That's unbelievable! So i'm waiting to hear back from them!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca that's not a bad price for video service! Usually they are way more money. I hope you get them! I'm not doing video because they are way too pricy. Even the price of yours is too pricy for us because we have other stuff to pay for. That's ok lol.

I was busy this weekend. Sunday I went to a bridal show and made an appointment with a florist. She has decent prices. I hope she isn't booked for
10-10-10!!

I also looked at limos. I fell in love with a 1936 Buick! I think it would be really cool to leave in that after the reception!! I contacted them and I hope they email me back. I hope they have it available for my wedding day! The only thing is that the backseat is really tight lol.

I also made an appt for my bridesmaid to go and try on dresses! I'm hoping we can pick out our colors when we go.

I also found out that the wedding coordinator who I booked my venue with is not there anymore :( She was really nice! I met another lady at the bridal show and she is also nice. She is the new wedding coordinator and she said she will contact me soon so we can make an appt to make the meal menu and finalize details.

I've been working on my slideshow and even invitations. But I am soooo lost on the programs! Are you ladies making your own?

Southernbell2010 Posts : 19 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I plan on making my own program. One of my co-worker recently got married so I'm using her program style. Everyone I spoke who recently got married said DIY is the best way to go.

The event coordinator at my wedding venue was fired a couple of months ago. I haven't had time to meet with the new lady, but I spoke with her on the phone and she was very nice. I plan to make appointment to meet with her next weekend.

Live, Laugh, Love Kiss

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: Southernbell2010

It would be nice to make my own but I have no idea where to begin or how to make them lol. It sounds so confusing to me. What kind of paper do I use? Where do I buy the paper? How do I fold them? How do I get a template? How can I make them all look the same? AHHH I don't know! LOL.

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I would start by going to a craft store like Michael's. They have blank cardstock but they also have programs that are pre-printed with a design on them. You can also check out their website since they have step by step patterns for programs and even invitations. Hope this helps a little.

Go to fullsize image

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hey Ladies. I know, I'm a Married Old Hag now <G>...but I have particular fondness for the October 2010 gals, so I'm reading your thread. Hope you don't mind.

Cheetah. Do you have a particular theme picked out? You can get some really nice programs with the outside cover already printed. They are regular stock thickness 8.5 by 11 so they'll run through any printer, and they look really great. As our theme was Celtic, we used a lovely Celtic wedding program. We didn't even need to get any particular software for it to work.

Some people also do the rolls and things, but my advice is to get something that you can either print on 8.5x11 and just fold in half or get something that you can print on 8.5x5.5 paper (get that to be thicker card stock). Try to avoid anything which will be labor intensive assembly (like rolling, then tying a ribbon around, or stapling).

Also, do not print these things up too soon. Things happen, and WP members have to drop out (and sometimes for legitimate and completely forgiveable reasons<G>). I'd say, don't print these things more than 2 weeks pre-wedding. (Another reason why you don't want the presentation bit to be too labor intensive)

(I had two members of the wedding party drop out--and since DH would have had NO one on his side, we did have to get replacements). This happened about 3 or 4 weeks before the wedding (I'm still a little ticked off a CostPlus/World Market over this). We had to re-order the programs (and pray they came in on time) AND reprint them AND refold them. (since a folding program can be folded and stored well in advance...a Rolly one really can't becasue it will get squished)

If you're decorating your venue yourself, the last thing you want to do is have to put a set of hands to program assembly.

Misty

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Thanks ladies for your suggestions. Cat, yes we have a fall theme. Our colors are brown, gold, and maybe orange. Not sure yet on the colors but I do know that it's fall colors lol. I'm not going to print the programs out any time soon, but it would be nice to start on them and get an idea on how to do them. I was thinking of having in the program a poem that I wrote to my fh and a poem that my fh wrote to me. Will that be ok or is that too much? I also want to mention our relatives that have passed. We have like 5 of them that we would like to mention. I just need a simple program that looks nice (without ribbons lol). I'll check the local craft stores website and see what they have to offer.

Oh and Cat feel free to read our thread anytime :)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Fall Maple Leaf Blank Wedding Programs - Pkg 100
http://www.balloons-galore.net/pd-fall-maple-leaf-blank-wedding-programs---pkg-100.cfm
Fall Trees Our Wedding Day Programs - Pkg 100
http://www.balloons-galore.net/pd_fall_trees.cfm

Fall Bouquet Scene Blank Wedding Programs - Pkg 100
http://www.balloons-galore.net/pd_fall_bouquet.cfm

Fall Tulips Blank Wedding Programs - Pkg 100
http://www.balloons-galore.net/pd_tulips.cfm

(I wouldn't personally have used any of the above, simply because of the God reference...but not everyone would be averse to that <G>)

A good starting place for these types of programs, and it is something you can do even now without having them, is to take 8.5x11 paper and create a two column layout. Depending on the back of the page, you may be able to get more in there.

On one side, we had a some information about our ceremony (since we went very non-traditional). We explained why we chose Celtic symbols. DH included our Wedding Logo. We explained the tradition of the Claddagh, what a handfasting was and where it came from. We then explained a bit about the handfasting WE were using and what each color symbolized. We also introduced the uncommon element (Flame Bearer) explaining her significance.

On the other side of ours, we had the Order of Ceremony, the Wedding Party/Family, and Special Thanks. We also indicated that there was a reception to follow and where. (The thanks was: Thanks to everyone for sharing in our joy today. Thanks to those who wanted to but could not be here. Special thanks to all who helped to make this ceremony possible.)

Depending on the what you want to put in there, the length of the poems, etc, you might have enough room in those two half-pages. But you can start working on it now without any kind of template. Just go to your word processing software and orient it to Landscape, then select two columns. That will give you the correct working layout.

You could also experiment with the tri-fold (bigger pain than the double), in which case, still orient it to Landscape and selecte three columns. (Given what you want to do with your programs...this MIGHT be your better option. Family memorials on one fold, personal poems in the centerfold, and ceremony on the other fold.)

Some tri-folds are:
Pearl Border Wedding Programs
http://www.weddingaccessories.net/-strse-2060/pearl-border-wedding-program/Detail.bok

have you created/designed/selected a wedding logo? If so, a plain program (like the one above) is probably better...because then you can put your logo on it. We created one and it was very much our "brand", so to speak. If we printed it, the logo was on it. We made crafts with our logo, so it was everywhere.

But definitely play with it and see what you can get. Try not to make your font TOO fancy...you do want your guests to be able to read it<G>

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine