October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Ok Toast I looked at your dresses and I like dress number #1 better. It fits your body well and it looks perfect on you. Dress number #2 looks good too but it didn't wow me like dress number #1 did. But that could just be the style that I prefer. I would never wear dress #2 because that isn't my style, whereas dress number 1 looks a little bit like the dress I bought lol. So that could be why I picked the first dress. But I still say go with number 1, you look like a princess in that dress! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Southernbell2010 Posts : 19 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hello Ladies, Sorry its been awhile since I posted, but I've been busy with work and the Holidays.

Happy New Year to Everyone.

Toast - I agree with everyone else dress #1 looks great on you. You should stick with you first decision, it is usually the best one.

I'm not sure who was concerned about their hair growing out for the wedding, you can always get hair extensions if your hair is not the length you want. If you have a good hair dresser no one will know its not your hair.

I'm currently working on my guest list and getting STD mailed out. My FH did an awesome job designing our them, his Aunt works for Fed Ex so she is going to make magnets for us. Hopefully I can have them mailed out by Feb. 1st.

I ordered my dress right before Christmas. I'm very excited about that.

I will send pictures later.

Pink - I hope everything is okay with your Dad.

Live, Laugh, Love Kiss

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast I must agree with the others, dress number 1 looks great on you. I am not to crazy about the 2nd dress. I love the 1st dress. However, it is your day so you wear what you want to wear. Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

Toast, I just wanted to say that I saw a girl in Dress #1 at a bridal show I was at today. It looked stunning! The woman wear it looked a little bit like you feature/build wise. I think it would be a very good choice!

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

9 more months to go!!! :) I'm excited can't you tell? LOL.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

OMG! 9 months to go! (We could make a baby in that time! Not that we're going to.)

I went to try on my dress because these holidays have not been good to me food wise and...THE DRESS DOESN'T FIT! I could only zip it up halfway! Granted, I'm on my period and bloated but it would only have zipped up a bit more had I not been bloated!

Do not fear for me though. I start a three month training program that meets four times a week tomorrow that is high intensity whole body workout program. I told the woman at the store about it and she said to continue coming in as I do the program to make sure I'm not losing more than I need to fit into the dress because if I lost too much it would be extremely hard to alter my dress because of the way it's designed!

Is anyone else having this problem?

I found this little gem on postsecret.com

Girls, if you sister is bringing you cookies get the hell out of there!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I have decided to stay with my current dress... which is dress #1 :) Everyone seems to be favoring that one still. Even my mom and my brothers girlfriend, who are the only two people we saw me wear both dresses in person that day.

Jelly- thats cool that you saw "my dress" on a bride at a bridal show.... but im wondering if it truly was the SAME dress. They discontinued that dress last year. Thats when i bought it...and got it off the rack cause it was being discontuned. But, it could very well be the same dress.... lots of designers bring back dresses that they had previously discontinued if there is a large enough request for them.

Rebecca- that pic is funny!!!
I actually have lost some weight and my wedding dress fits better now than a year ago when i bought it. However, i still want to loose weight. I have a little bit of belly pudge that shows thru on the dress now. Granted, i could probably buy a corset and get rid of it, but i want to get in better shape anyway. Also, i want to get nicer arms! lol. I want nice, defined, non-giggly arms for the wedding! lol.

I think we should all check in on here an egg each other on!!

Jelly- how did the new reception venue search go?

Yeah, 9 more months to go!! quite scary if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, my only big hesitation is money. We just had to dish out like $3,000 in the past month for emergencies that came up...so thats like 30 people not being able to come to the wedding!! or, thats a whole honeymoon!! yikes!! so, now we really, really need to buckle down and save, save, save!!!!

I REALLY wish we had not sent out our save the dates so early!!! Cause we cant not-invite people now! anyone who got a save the date has to get an invitie. ugh! well, heres hoping 30 or so people cant make it!!! lol

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast, it was probably just very similar - but still beautiful! I've noticed that so many designers have similar or nearly identical gowns. Especially David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo. Anybody else noticed this?

Rebecca - that sucks! I haven't gone in to try on my wedding dress since the holidays, and I'm not about to do it now! Two of my BMs and I are going to start working out every afternoon (or most) after class. One really wants to lose weight to look good, I need some toning, and the other is going to be our personal trainer! I'm really excited because I HATE going to the gym with FH. He always makes me feel so bad about myself! I also ordered some work out videos I can't WAIT to have. I think they should come tomorrow. I'm most excited about The Pussycat Dolls Workout and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

We haven't made any decisions on the venue. We were supposed to look at one that rents for $700 on Friday, but the weather got really nasty here, and they were afraid of having us drive up the hill since it hadn't been cleared very well. We're hoping things are better so that we can go out this week. I'd love for it to work out beause that's a pretty good price for venue, especially one that has an outdoor area for the ceremony, and indoor reception area, and allows you to use any caterer you like.

I went to that free bridal show and...god, was I glad it was free! Everyone raves about it, but I was really disappointed. It was cramped and the vendors barely had time to sign your door-prize ticket and give you their business cards before pushing you along to the next person in line...yes. I said line. They had the center of the room all roped off for the fashion show (that was today) so everyone was basically standing in a line, moving from vendor to vendor. However, I did get some delicious cake and food, and I'm getting ready to contact the baker about setting up a tasting for me and FH. Her cake is so smooth, I even like her buttercream icing, her prices are GREAT, and she is one of the founders of Doughmakers. It's pretty big in our area, but I'm not sure if it's nationally known. I think it's fairly comparable to Pampered Chef, though.

Classes start tomorrow and I'm definitely NOT excited. I'm going to have a rough semester. Two of my upper level classes are split with the grad class, so I think they're going to be pretty intense. And working two jobs and planning a wedding on top of that. Be prepared for the meltdowns!

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 7:55 AM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Rebecca that is a funny picture! Goodluck on the weight loss. I havn't tried on my dress since July when I bought it. I'm scared to LOL. But I weigh myself like everyday and I have not gained weight since July so I am sure it still fits. I need to back to the gym too!! I don't want my arms to look weird haha. Like Toast mentioned I want my arms to look firm. I'm also paranoid about my belly. I need to go back asap but it's such a hassel to go there. I work 2 jobs and school will start in 2 weeks. I feel your pain Jelly! I'm kinda worried about money as well. I wish we didn't send save the dates out to everybody. But what's done is done. I think we'll be ok.

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

When I went to my appointment to try on dresses FMIL took pics of me trying them on. Talk about someone mortified. There is no way I am walking down the isle with everyone watching me looking like that. I won't show anyone those pictures. I have gained over 40 pounds over the last 4 years and it must come off. I can lose weight fairly easily, I just need to get off of my rear and work on it. I won't be able to lose that much by October but I have to lose alot of it. So I am totally with anyone who wants to give and receive moral support!! Good luck ladies!

Toast- I am glad that you decided to stay with the first dress. It looked great on you!

Has anyone else had the sudden feeling like there was way to much to do and not enough time to do it in? I have a slight panic that I am not going to get everything done or they won't be the way that I am picturing in my head. When you put it into numbers (9 months) it causes some feelings of too soon, too soon. lol I haven't really asked anyone for help because I don't want to burden them. I guess I feel like nobody else would want to work on something that isn't for them. Does that make sense? I don't want others to be burned out on wedding projects. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

holly- I would LOVE to lose 15-20lbs. So, if you want, that can be our mutual goal! :) at least that is half of what you gained... so its a good place to start!

I hear what your saying about asking people for help. but, some people LOVE helping!!!! so, find those friends who get excited about your wedding, and ask them for help. Also. If you are feeling overwhelmed by projects or things to do, make a list, figure out when they need to be done by, what can be done ahead of time, etc. and plan that way.

If it is actual wedding planning stuff, like 'when do i look into passports', etc, try looking on this website for a timeline. I got a free wedding planning binder from JCPenney and it had a TON of timelines in there. It broke it down into 9 months, 6 months, etc. so i knew when everything should be researched or booked by. For example, for 9 moths i think it says to begin to look at bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, passports, etc.

Oh! one note to EVERYONE- some countries require that you HAVE your passport for 6 months BEFORE entering their COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! So... keep that in mind!!!

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

OMG Toast thank you sooooo much for giving me a heads up into the passports! I did NOT know that some countries require you to have had a passport for 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better get that asap! Anyone know of a stress free way to get a passport? I already have one but it's expired. My FH doesn't have one but on our ID's it says our parent's addy on them, it doesn't have our current apartment addy. How do we go about changing our addys without being tortured at the DMV?

Southernbell2010 Posts : 19 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

You can change the address on your DL online. It will cost a little extra but it is worth the cost not to stand in line at the DMV.

You can also apply for your passport online as well. The last I check the cost was around $100.

Thanks for the heads up regarding having your passport for 6 months. We will start working on our this week.

I'm working on my STD ( I know I'm late). Where did you guys purchase yours ? Did anyone do magnets ?
Live, Laugh, Love Kiss

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Southernbell2010

I did magnets. Everyone loved them! I highly suggest: www.magnetstreet.com. That's where I got ours. It's fun to make and they are not pricy!

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hi ladies! It's been a long time since I've been on here! I think it was back in November the last time I was here. Hope everyone's planning has been going well, I haven't had much time to catch up on the many pages of posts since that last time I was here. During the past couple months, I've bought my dress, found a dj, and finally got our engagement pics back. Here's the link to the pics, http://handt.photoshop.com/

We were both really happy with how they came out. It looks like we may get another round done in the spring since I won an engagement session at a bridal show I was at last weekend. You can never have enough pictures!

So here is the dress that I bought,

Since I've decided to go with all fall colors, the original one I tried on wouldn't work now with the red panel in it. Just as well though, the more I thought about this one, the more I liked it.

I also started back on the diet thing. With 280 days left, I figured it's time to get my butt in gear. Now I just have to motivate myself to work out again and all should be good.

Go to fullsize image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine