What's up April 2010's?!

Online Users: 1,288 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 72

CandyK Posts : 33 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: What's up April 2010's?!
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Somehow I missed her doing the other dresses too. I'm sure if you talk gently with her if you have to get dresses from somewhere she'll understand and it won't mess up your friendship. Have you run through your mind what would happen if the tables were turned and how you think she would react to you not being close to finished with any of the dresses? If she can empathize with the situation then she shouldn't get mad.

Maybe you can put some fire under her a little and just tell her you need your dress by the second week in February or the first week in February because you're thinking of taking some pictures beforehand or something. When she has an earlier date in mind that might make her feel more pressure. I have a feeling she's probably just thinking that April's a few months away and she has a little time left. I don't think she's thinking wow April's a short time span away.

imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url">http://www.whenismywedding.com/"imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

CandyK

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Ladies, I'm now a January 2010 bride. My dad's condition got worse and his doctor said Steve and I need to get married as soon as we can so we're getting married on Saturday afternoon possibly at the hospital.

It's going to be strange but at least I know my dad will hopefully be there. I was really nervous about waiting until April because he wasn't doing very well. He asked us if we could get married on Saturday. So now I need to find a dress. I want it to be short like knee length or find a cute white suit like Carrie had on Sex and the City the movie. I don't want to go to the hospital with my full out long train gown. My gown from DB won't be in until next month.

I think we're going to pick up a little two tier cake and put the little couple on top and then get one of the places in town to do a little food and we'll invite a few friends and family that can make it over to the house and celebrate.

imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url">http://www.whenismywedding.com/"imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

CandyK

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy, I'm sorry to hear about your dad :( I would do the same (moving the wedding up) if I were in your shoes. Having your father there to experience the union is far more important than waiting for a big shebang in April that he may not be able to attend.

You've got a busy week ahead of you! The suit that Carrie wore would be fantastic for the wedding you have in mind at the hospital and very appropriate. Making the event special with a small cake and an intmate reception at the house sounds nice. Despite the circumstances, I hope the day is wonderful for you!

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy -

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad that he'll be there to witness his daughter marrying the love of her life!

So...my freakin' caterer CANCELLED on me, today. Three months out, and this old hag had the nerve to call me and tell me that she realized she couldn't do it. According to her, she doesn't work outside of the county, and the church is 2 miles outside the county line. Methinks she got an offer on a larger, more pricey, wedding. I'm sooooo pissed! Now, I'm even further behind than I was already. Ugh!

I loathe stupid people!

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

My gown actually came in yesterday. It's so great. It wasn't supposed to come in until next month but it came yesterday.

Also, sorry about the caterer. Are you able to find anybody else in your area?

CandyK

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Yay Candy!!! Are you going to wear your gown to the hospital ceremony? I think it would be great. Imagine your father's expression to see his daughter all done up in her wedding gown. It makes me smile. I know how my family felt and it's a wonderful memory.

Sweet, it must be flaky caterer week!! I tried to call my caterer yesterday to get a concrete bid on paper listing all that's included. She gave me a price a few months ago, but never a copy for me to refer to. I can't remember what we talked about 2 months ago!! So, I called and her phone isn't accepting calls. WTF?!?! I couldn't even leave a vm. So, I went by last night to grab a treat with my step daughter, she wasn't there and they had nothing in the shop because she placed her order incorrectly with her supplier. This is the second time I've been in to purchase (the first time was dinner with FH) when she couldn't serve guests because she misordered. I am really concerned that her mis-organization will carry over to my wedding. So, I have an appt on Sunday with my mom's friend, who is a seasoned caterer. We were trying to use someone in our community to support growing small businesses, but that apparently isn't working out. I know my mom's friend will step up and provide those little extras at no cost.

I hope you find someone who can fit you and your budget!!! I know how stressful this planning is becoming as time slips away. April will be here before we know it!!! :)

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Forgot to mention that over the weekend I went shopping with my momma and bm. I got my rehearsal dinner dress - love it!!!

I also got my wedding day shoes! I adore them and will find it hard to wait 3 months to wear them. I sneak them on periodically to relish in the love of them. They are the perfect shoe for me. They have the height I was looking for, they are super light, I danced a little jig to makes sure they were comfortable ;), they have elastic around the heel which is imperative for me since I have narrow heels and most shoes slip off constantly, and most importantly... they are the perfect blue I've been searching for!!! Ahhh... I'm in love all over again....

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I commented on my crappy catering luck, on my Facebook status, yesterday, and got an overwhelming response from friends about catering contacts. I think I've found one. I'm going to talk to her on Saturday, but she basically doubled the food list for only $1 more, per person. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll all work out! :)

Yay for Candy's dress coming in early! That's fantastic! I, too, think you should wear it for your dad. He'll LOVE it! Post some pics, girl!

Happy, I wanna see those shoes! I want some blue shoes, but I'm gonna have to wear flats, because my dress would be too short, otherwise. I'm thinking of doing a dolled-up flip flop, even though I know my idol, David Tutera, would punch me in the gut for the thought! =)

Here's my dress (disregard the stupid face I was making at my mom):

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

Sweet, your dress is soooo pretty! I'm envious of y'all that can wear halters. My body hates them. MOH made me try on several, they look fantastic on her and she didn't understand how someone couldn't wear one. Well, after seeing me in them, she now knows. they just don't work on me, the straps pucker and stick out. Maybe I don't have enough boobs :(

Did my pic of the shoes not come through? I posted it and it showed for me, but now there is a stupid red x... I'll try again... If it still doesn't show. Here is the link:

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?productRef=SEARCH&category=&prodId=199239

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I went through the link to see 'em, and Oh My Gosh - I LOVE 'em! I wish I could wear heels with my dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

I haven't been on in a few days, but here are some updates:

The good:
~ I've gotten almost all my addresses, so the invites will be going out next week. Woo hoo!
~ The caterer let me know that she included table cloths in my bid so I don't have to worry about those anymore
~ Went to the venue to clear up some measurements and found out that several decorations I was planning to buy and put up (sheer fabric w/twinkle lights in them) are part of the venue!!
~ Bachelorette party plans are coming along. We're renting a bus decked out in retro 70's design with a karoke machine and disco ball. Alcohol is allowed on board and it will make stops wherever we want. It's like our own private mobile karaoke bar. I'm so excited!!!

The bad and the ugly: the dress my friend was making for me was a DISASTER! It wasn't cut right, she made it 2 sizes too small (i'm a 4-6 but I guess she ignored the measurements and thought I was a 0-2). It looked horrendous on me. It was a bad day.

I broke down and bought a dress on Saturday. Here is the dress I got. I LOVE IT!!! And am relieved that this can be crossed off my list, finally!

Now we're focusing on purchasing bm dresses instead of having them made...

Hope y'all are having a better week than I am :)

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Happy, that dress is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it!

So, you've gotten quite a bit done. I know you're excited! We got our rings, last weekend, but mine had to be sent off for sizing, so I won't get it back for six weeks. That's probably a good thing, though, 'cause I'd want to wear it now. Hahaha! I can't remember if I've already posted, but I did find another caterer, and she's even better! That was such a huge relief

I've got two showers scheduled two weeks apart, in March, so I'm really looking forward to that. The one that my bridesmaids are doing is going to have a football theme, since FH and I love football, and all the guests will wear their comfy team clothing. I think it'll be a blast! My brother is hosting a wedding party cookout, on April 10th, and FH and I are considering making that our bachelor/bachelorette parties. It's going to be at the pool, with great food, yummy adult beverages :), and our bestest buds. Neither of us are really into the clubbing/bar scene, so I think the cookout would completely suffice! We'll see, though. I must say, though - your karaoke bus sounds AMAZING! I'm such a sucker for karaoke, and I can imagine what a blast that would be!

I'm going to pick up the invitations, tomorrow. My very controlling FMIL tried to have the printer change the font, because she said the one I designed was too hard to read. So, if it's different, his mom will be covering the cost, as I chunk 'em in the garbage! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

Sweet,

My dress is gone for alterations. The sleeves/straps were a little loose and I want them removable so I can take them off at the reception I also needed it bustled. But, it fits perfectly everywhere else which made it seem meant to be for me. I love how it curves my body. It will be ready on Feb 24. I'll take some pics and post them here for everyone to see.

Glad you got your rings. FH wants a new one and he wants me to have a band, but mine is a square vintage design and I'm not sure how a band will fit around that. I'm ok without one, but my Ering sure needs a good cleaning!!

I would hate to have my ring gone for 6 weeks! Even though I would be tempted to wear it, like you, I would still want to stare at it every chance I got! :)

Yay on the caterer!! What are y'all serving?

Your BBQ pool party shower sounds super fun! I love cook outs too.

hehehe! Don't you love controlling FMIL's??? Fortunately I am blessed with an amazing FMIL! I love her to pieces and she goes along and gives nice input. She's even coming to the bachelorette party. I am so psyched about it.

Today I'm going to finish up my favor packets and this weekend I need to purchase the wildflower seeds for them. I'm also gonna hunt for the BP jewelry and other items to put in their tote bags. I just love shopping :)

Yay Friday!!!

GoddessDecora Posts : 11 Registered: 1/23/10
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hello ladies. I am an eighteen year old bride getting married on April seventeenth. I chose this date because it was my late grandfather's birthday and I thought it would be sweet to have it on the same day. My fiancé thankfully agreed. We became engaged on the same day as one of my friend's weddings on December seventeenth, so we haven't had much time to plan things but we're both extremely excited. We've known each other for years, and even before we went out we knew we were meant for one another. People say we're too young, or that we're getting married too soon and that we could end up in divorce, but we think otherwise. If it was meant to happen, if would happen even if we waited five years. Goddess forbid that ever happens, but why think about sad things when we could think of happy ones, right?

We ordered our cake yesterday, and it will thankfully be exactly what I want it to be. The invitations have been ordered and will get here on Friday, so I will be mailing them out on Monday. My uncle is buying me my wedding dress, and I believe he already ordered it, so it should be here in around a month's time. I'm extremely excited about that; I can't wait! I've also decided what I want my flowers to be like; they will be white roses with a few lavender sweet peas. I just hope I can find a florist nearby since the internet hasn't gotten me any results so far. -_- And that's pretty much what I'm doing so far. :P

73 days!
imghttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/watergoddess71/untitled.jpg[/img]
The rain kissed the soft ground
The earth smiled up at the clouds
That's when they knew they were in love

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: GoddessDecora

Welcome Goddess!

Wow! You didn't/don't have much time to plan, but that's ok. I'm sure you'll get it all done. You already have so much done already, the rest will fall into place :)

What does your dress look like? Are you having a traditional wedding? Any bridesmaids?

I'm sure many will say that y'all are too young, but everyone knows themselves and what will work for them. I wish you two all the luck and happiness! It can be difficult when you marry young because it seems eveyone has an opinion about it (typically negative) and you're still growing into yourself. Just be sure to grow with each other and communication is KEY. Be open with each other and know that marriage isn't perfect and happy all the time. As long as you take things on together, you can make it through. People who get married later in life, divorce and people who get married young divorce too. But, there are those out there, like my parents, who married at 19 and have been married, loving strong for 34 years this summer!

Congratulations!

check out our wedding website: shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine