Question for zipper-dress brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Question for zipper-dress brides
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 6:10 PM

I just received my wedding dress in the mail today after never having tried on the style before. I ordered it according to the size chart and based on trying on similar dresses. Now, I've had other (wedding) dresses before becasue I'm indecisive and have changed the season and venue of our wedding several times and wanted appropriate dresses. All of those dresses I could zip up on my own, atleast 95% of the way. Now this dress I cannot quite zip up on my own. It seems like I should be able to, but I can't get that zipper up AT ALL for the life of me!
So, my question is, how many of you girls have dresses that FIT but you still need help ZIPPING them up?
Oh, and it just occurred to me that people will only feel compelled to say the obvious answer: get someone else to help me, but I have no friends locally that can just come over and FH won't even be in the same room as my dress.

.:Katie:.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: Question for zipper-dress brides
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

My first thought is to straighten out a hanger and loop it around the zipper (GENTYLY!!!) and pull it up (GENTLY AGAIN!)

My second is if you have absolutely no one to help you zip up the dress then go to the door, have FH shut his eyes very tightly and zip it up then go away.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Ok so you have no one help you... That makes it a little more difficult. How far up can you get it? 95% That will work. Like the PP said, get a hanger (first make sure you wipe down with a cleaner so you don't get your dress dirty). Straighten it out. I'm assuming you'll have dress fittings so during a dress fitting try this. Put the hanger through the loop before you put the dress on and then zip it up as far as you can, then just pull the hanger up the last few inches.

You need to make sure the reason you can't get the last few inches is because of your arm reach and not because it's too snug. If that's the issue you'll need to let it out before you attempt to pull the zipper up, you might rip the dress.

Keep in mind with the hanger to be very careful. There are lots of potential problems. First, you could get the dress dirty (wipe it down with a rag first). Second, you could scratch yourself (loop hanger away from you). Finally, you could tear or snag your dress so please be very VERY careful.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

I know this isn't the same as a wedding dress but maybe its an option. One time I was getting ready to go out and put on a dress that i could not zip. So, I went next door and asked my neighbor to come over and help. She did. I got in my dress and that was that.

wedding tickers

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:31 AM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45679.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine