Recurring nightmares?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

Asphodel Posts : 8 Registered: 5/13/08
Recurring nightmares?
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 6:07 PM

I have been having recurring nightmares about my wedding day. In every dream, every detail of the wedding goes horribly wrong and it ends with me bawling.
Is this happening to anyone else??

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Recurring nightmares?
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

Yes,its totally normal. I used to have them all the time in the months leading up to my wedding. They neve rmade much sense, but they all had the same theme: my wedding was a horrible chaotic mess!!! Some of them were serious, like family members getting into car accidents on my wedding day and that kind of thing ,and others were silly , like the venue running out of forks and all my guests having to eat their elegant filet mignon with their hands lol.

What concerns me is that your wedding date is in 2013!!! You have such a long time! If you are really THIS worried now that your subconscious is going nuts on you in dreams/nightmares, maybe there is something else going on here? Do you have any particular reason to fret about the wedding that is maybe bothering you? If not, then try to let this go by not thinking so much about the wedding right now. Focus on other things. Its much too far away to let this consume your mind. Having these thoughts a month or two before the date is normal because your mind is going mental with everything that could go wrong .... having them NOW is a bit premature and unnecessary stress.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I think you may have misread my wedding date. It is November 13, 2010. I have 10 months to go.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

Youre right. I suck. Sorry lol. I read it as the reverse 10-13 instead of 13-10.... oops.
Well then, my same post still stands. I think 10months is still a BIT too soon to be having consuming thoughts of things going wrong. Usually the nightmares youre talking about start a couple months before the wedding. My best advice honestly though ...is to take some time away from planning and focus on other things. A date night. A game of tennis. A movie. A weekend away. A good book. Whatever. If you think about your wedding 24/7 for the next ten monthhs, youll drive yourself insane. In your sleep lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

First, it is normal to have these kind of dreams. Dreams are just a representation of the anxiety you have either in your daytime conscious mind or in your unconscious mind. Regardless, it is normal. I would suggest you start keeping a "wedding journal" and write down all the things that worry you about the wedding sometime before you go to bed. Write in the journal everything that is bothering or concerning you and then write possible solutions. Also, write about all the good and wonderful things that are going on with the wedding planning. If you do this, I bet your nightmares will stop. Good luck!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 1:36 AM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

I was having those dreams too back when I first got engaged and started planning stuff (this past June), and now that it's closer they have actually lessened quite a bit. A friend of mine who recently got married had them too, so you're definitely not alone.

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 3:58 AM Go to message in response to: amdjelly

Thank you ladies. You all gave me some great insight. It is nice to know that I am not alone in this lol. Thanks for all your help!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

Nope you are not alone. I have dreams too! They are mostly about my dress. I would spill ketchup or food on my dress or I would forget my dress at the house and I would walk down in jeans lol! Guests wouldn't show up so no one was at my wedding. The DJ didn't show up so we had no music. Thankfully it's been a couple months since I had a wedding nightmare, but I know more are on the way lol.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

I had a dream that they had to push our wedding up by a month and nothing was ready. I didn't have a dress, he did't have a tux, it was awful!!!! LOL. 2 of my BM's were from OOT and they couldn't get there.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Aiddie Posts : 7 Registered: 12/27/09
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

It hasn't happened to me. I know its common and usually caused by stress. My FH and I haven't really started planning anything but I'm pretty sure that when we start planning and such, I will get nightmares.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

I actually got so stressed that I started sleep walking. My FH ended up asking me WHY I had been sleeping on the sofa when he went to work - but I woke up in our bed. So I went to be in our bed, got up during the night, stripped and slept on the sofa.

Thank goodness I hadn't gone outside or the neighbors would have gotten more than they had bargained for.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

This is the third flipping time I've had to type this, and I'm about to kill B.c

About a month before the wedding, I had a really bizarre dream. I was trying to get to the church and I had to take a bunch of bridges to get to the docks so that I could get a row boat so that I could access the canal system to get to the church (note: our church is not located on a river or a stream)

I took a wrong turn at one of the canals (current was a bit rough), and ended up near this dilapidated looking building. The first floor was high up, supported by posts into the ground (basically, built into a hill side, first floor level with top and posts of varying lenghts to support that). There were a lot of people displaced by flood taking refuge under this building, and the waters were rising. So we had to get them out while keeping families together. (Very complicated but I don't recall why they couldn't just leave)

After that, I left and went on my way, but I was severely behind schedule (because I had not done my hair, makeup or gotten dressed and was wearing jeans). I ran into my favorite actor who was on a beach. He wanted to talk, and I kept saying "I'm getting married." He was all "congratulations!" and I was like "today. I have to go". So I finally got away from him and made my way to the church.

I rowed up to the church, about fifteen minutes before the ceremony, only to find out that the church wasn't decorated, the reception had not been set up.

That's when I woke up.

Now: for the FUN part.

1. The day of our wedding, it rained so hard that the street in front of my church was beginning to resemble a river.

2. My favorite actor actually DID send me congratulations (I do his website, and I have met him. He asked one of my guests to congratulate me for him)

3. While on our honeymoon, we visited a building almost identical to the one that the flood refugees took shelter in.

Yeah. weird.

Misty

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

I have a bridesmaid who is late or a flake on everything. So far she has yet to be on time for anything.

I had a dream that it was my wedding day, and she was nowhere to be found. As usual her cell phone wasn't on, her groom partner was confused and I had to improvise on the spot.

Sad thing is... she probably will be late.. which is why I'm making her sleep over and I'm gonna watch her like a hawk on wedding day.

Moral is... you can control your destiny! Or at least try...

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... </center>

jessicaryn Posts : 5 Registered: 6/8/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: Asphodel

this has been happening to me for the last month! my wedding is October 2010 and I can only imagine it's going to get worse. It's making me crazy! glad to hear I'm not the only one....not that I would wish this torment on anyone else but it's nice not to be alone in it =)

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Oh wow Cat that is a freaky dream!! See, now that is something that will happen to me, watch. Almost every time I dream something somehow it always comes true in a weird way!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine