What is the significance of your wedding date?

Online Users: 1,370 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 17

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
What is the significance of your wedding date?
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:11 PM

I honestly have NO definite significance to my wedding date and actually the one I chose isnt even set in stone yet. I think we are aiming for 09.10.2011; not only is it cute that it will be 9 10 11 but also he is wanting to finish school and make sure we are stable, PLUS I am helping my sister plan her August 22,2010 wedding and do NOT want to take any of the limelight away from her. So I figure that is a good time for us to be ready and have money saved plus get other things out of the way. Other than that it's just about convienience not a special date. BUT I do wanna hear what your wedding date means to you and the importance of it. =)
CONGRATS LADIES!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  Happily engaged to David McMahan on 12.24.2009 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: What is the significance of your wedding date?
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We had originially had the date 09.10.11 but we switched to 06.10.11. There is no real significance to the date, we just decided we want more of a summer wedding. I am still in college and won't graduate with my Nursing degree until December 2010. I figured that would still give me about 6 months to finish up any small details after I graduate! It would also give us time to think of how we are going to pull off a $2,500 budget wedding! Congratulations and good luck with the planning!
http://www.ewedding.com/sites/rachaelandteddy/

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Congrats on the engagement! That's awesome you are helping your sister plan her wedding for this summer and then having yours the following year, good for you! It will be super nice to know the ropes once you start going into the details of yours, since you already helped your sis!

Originally, we didn't have a real 'significance' to the date of our wedding. We got engaged last February and knew we wanted a summer wedding, but also knew summer of 2009 was completely out of the question. We went with June because it's early enough in the summer when it's (usually) not super hot and (usually) not super rainy. We had it narrowed down to the weekends of the 19th and the 26th, so we figured we would decide on it by the moon phases - and it just so happened that it will be a full moon on the 26th! ...I know, it's kind of weird, but it's going to be an outdoor evening reception in my parents' backyard, so the extra moonlight should be awesome if it's a clear night! **fingers are crossed!**

After a bunch of stuff was booked, we then realized it will be the 2.5 year anniversary of our first date, so that's actually pretty cool, too!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

Sept 12th is our anniversary and it happen to be about 9 months from when he proposed and that about how long of an engagement we wanted. So we will be married on our 2 year anniversary and we dont have to remember 2 dates haha :)

Twili Posts : 9 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: MegsandJ

Our anniversary is on 04.04.2011 to give us about 16 months to plan.
Our wedding date is also going to be our 4th anniversary, not to mention its my fiance's lucky number and the number of the chakra of love (which happens to also be our favorite color!).
Not to mention monday (the day of the wedding) is typically our saturday, so we just felt there were too many coincidences to ignore if we wanted something else.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We picked 10-10-10 because we thought the date looked really cool! We knew we wanted a fall wedding and when we got engaged last Christmas we thought that fall of 2009 would be too soon because we would need time to save up money. So October 2010 is perfect because it would have given us a long time to save up money! It just makes it more special that it's on 10-10-10. It's a Sunday but the next day is Columbus Day so hopefully that won't be much of a problem.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I originally wanted August 14, 2010... A. because we wanted a summer wedding on the beach, B. because late August is more likely than any other summer month to not rain (in New England), and C. because I still wanted to be 28 when I got married hahaaha....well, because that day was already taken at our venue I will now be two days into my 29th year on the day of our wedding....guess things could be worse ;)

BJCGF Posts : 4 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

My fiance and I knew each other prior to dating, but began officially dating at midnight on 1.1.09. We recently got engaged in August of 2009 (yes we only dated for 8 months!) and have decided to get married on 1.1.11, our 2nd anniversary. We thought the date and story was too cool to lose, so we wanted to keep our original anniversary :O) Plus 1.1.11 is a cool date! I'm not much of a winter bride, so we decided to take the show on the road and do a destination wedding in Puerto Rico New Years Weekend...I think we made the right decision and people will enjoy the festive holiday weekend wedding we are planning.

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I was married in the fall. My favorite time of the year is fall and I always thought it would be nice to have a wedding just when all the colors started changing. Congratulations and good luck.
http://www.icestandard.org

chfsgrl Posts : 36 Registered: 1/6/10
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I actually didn't realize there was "something there" until I thought a little more about it. We are getting married one year minus one day from the day we moved in together. Just thought that was a little weird.

wedding countdown

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We originally picked July 31st 2010 because we wanted a summer wedding, then my parents made me move home until the wedding. So we are getting married May 1st which is the soonest my fiancee wlll be confirmed in the church.

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... </center>

Peppermintwitch Posts : 4 Registered: 1/10/10
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We will be getting married two years to the date that we first got together!
Fallow your heart, It will set you free

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 2:49 AM Go to message in response to: Peppermintwitch

Or wedding date is May 21, 2011. We first started dating on January 21st, and he proposed when we had been together for 5 years (May=5th month), Both of us try to find signifigance to the littlest things, so we knew we had to get married on the 21st at least. I always thought it would be cool to get married on 11/11/11, but having a fall wedding doesn't really interest me. We also considered July 21 (so it was an even 6 months from january, we would get married on our 7 1/2 year anniversary) But july is SO hot here, plus its a thursday. So, May 21st it is :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

NurseBride86 Posts : 4 Registered: 1/8/10
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 2:55 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Didn't realize 9.10.11 was so popular but my parents anniversary in 9.12. next year will be 30 years for them so 9.10 is as close as it gets to the date.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I think FH wants an actual holiday to be the date or something.
He has brought up the idea of a New Years Eve wedding and he has brought up Valentine's Day.

It was funny becauase before he always talked about a spring/summer/fall wedding...anything but winter!

I'm kind of trying to persuade him otherwise with 2 reasons in mind.

#1 Other people may have traditions that they take part in on those dates and the decline rate may be much higher.

#2 An anniversary is another nice night to spend together. If we don't get married on those nights we will have New Years Eve, Valentines Day and our Anniversary. Also, on New Years Eve we spend it with a lot of friends and family--sometimes I may want to spend our Anniversary just the two of us.

I think he is starting to get it...

I said I would actually rather have a date that meant nothing, and we can make it mean something.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine