October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,232 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

101010wife Posts : 2 Registered: 1/5/10
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I too am a 10/10/2010 bride to be. I am very excited and I have started to plan. I am not a last min kind of person because I will get frustrated. I am going to use design by Kendra she does everything for ordering the cake to photos all for 10k loving her work already

We always strive to be on top, because the bottom is already too crowded

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: 101010wife

Congratulations and welcome to the board, 101010wife! So exciting to have found a woman who can do it all for a good price!

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Happy belated New Year everyone! I haven't been on here all year! (sorry, had to steal the joke, lol) I haven't been on the computer since the day after Christmas. I was just telling my FH the yesterday that we need to crack down and get things done for the wedding. I saw the cutest thing today in a magazine. The bride cut 4 1/2 in. by 4 1/2 in. squares out of material that matched her colors. She layed the squares out (along with fabric pens) on a table at her reception. She asked that guests write a message or words of wisdom on a piece of fabric. When all was said and done she had the pieces made into a quilt. I thought that it was a really neat idea. We have a guest book already, but I may do something like this instead. My stepsister does quilting. Atleast it would make something that would be useful instead of collecting dust.
I was glad to see that I am not the only one who ponders veil or no veil. I want to wear one because I want the bridey feel and look. However, I have really short hair and am not sure whether or not one would even look good on me. I want to look like a bride not a dork. I thought about wearing a birdcage veil because I like the vintage look. I don't know what to do.
Well, FH and I are not taking a honeymoon. I work at a private school that has cut the budget this year. I am now only working 2 days a week, just had two weeks off for Christmas, will have 1 1/2 weeks off for spring break, and will be off for the summer in May. I am not even promised a job next year at the moment. I am looking for another job, but as it stands right now we can't afford to go on a honeymoon. One of my best friends lives in Phoenix. Her husband flies for business all the time and has accumulated frequent flyer miles. She has offered to get us plane tickets to Phoenix for our honeymoon. She said that we can stay at their house and use her car and they would go stay at her in-laws while we are there. I thought that was really sweet of her.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

Holly I think a bird cage veil will look really cute on you since you have short hair! Sorry about your job, that sucks. Everything is so tough now. That was sweet of your friend. But what you can also do it instead of a gift registry is have a honeymoon one! Or have a jack and jill and the money gained through that can go towards your honeymoon. Just a thought :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: HollyD

I LOVE that idea, of the fabric squares and making a blanket!! Eric's aunt is an amazing seamstress, and she just told me she'd help put it together. Eric loves the idea too, so I think we're going to do it! Thanks for the idea!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

The picture of the quilt was pastel colors, but I think a fall colored quilt would be beautiful. I am going to talk to my stepsister about sewing it together for me. I am sure she will and if she agrees then I am certainly going to do this too. If you don't want anything as big as a quilt have several people sign each square. With fewer squares you could just make a smaller wall hanging. I'm glad that someone else thinks it's a great idea. I also read in another magazine several months ago about a woman whose aunt or grandma made the cloth table runners for the reception. After everything was over the same person took the table runners and made a quilt out of them. I loved that idea too, but our table runners will all be the same color. That wouldn't be a very colorful quilt. lol
Thanks Cheetah! I need to go to the bridal store and try some veils on to see what I really like best. I do like the vintage look of the birdcage veil.

texashillcountry Posts : 2 Registered: 1/6/10
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

hey!
I am also getting mowwied on 10-10-10 and recently got engaged back in the beginning of december!
however, i use to be a wedding planner so i recently got 5months worth of wedding planning complete in like 1 week haha!
im getting married in the texas hill country and it is going to be an outdoor wedding but italian /texas hill country themed!
we already ordered the catering and booked the place. I also already ordered and received my dress. now i just have to get it altered, do engagement photos and invitations/save the dates.

we havent registered yet but im getting excited about doing that! not sure when the shower is going to happen but i cannot wait for that!!!

i had one girl in my office tell another person right infront of me after i told everyone i was getting married on 10 10 10 which is a sunday that the reason its cheaper to married on a sunday is because '' no one wants to get married on a sunday and that it was lame and no one would come'' i got very offended because there are so many girls getting married on that date and its a unique date!!!

texashillcountry Posts : 2 Registered: 1/6/10
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: texashillcountry

oh and everyone be sure to check out our wedding page and sign our guest book
www.chrisandamandapalumbo.com

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: texashillcountry

Last night, I had my first real wedding meltdown. It was awful. All I did was sob about how I hated everything about my wedding - the dress, the colors, the location. At first FH was not very good about it and that made it worse, but he finally just said that the most important thing was that we were getting married and that he didn't care about any of the other details. He told me he wanted me to take a break from wedding planning, at which point I told him we didn't have the TIME to take a break from it. I feel like we have basically nothing planned!

FMIL and I had a long talk this morning about the guest list and the location, and we agreed that it might be best for us to look somewhere else. My MOH had a local Shriner Club location in mind, so she called and is setting up an appointment for us to go look at it on Friday.

I am waiting for FH to get home so he can take a look at the photographer I picked out. Then I'm going to call her up and see if we can meet this week to sign the contract and put down our deposit! FMIL also ordered sweaters for FH and the groomsmen and our flower girl dress!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Awww Jelly sounds like you may use a little break from all the planning. You still have 9 months to go, that's plenty of time :) Maybe just take a week break. I hope you find your location and photographer.

Welcome to all the new 10-10-10 and October brides!

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

welcome to all the new brides!
and happy new year!!

i am really sorry to hear about your meltdown jelly. just take a deep breath, and listen to your fiance. it really is about you and him that day.... not all the details.

I am sort of second having a "meltdown" and am now guessing my dress! horrible, i know! Heres the deal. I bought my dress last January, and i love it! still do! but, i went to the dress shop with my mom so she could order a jacket for her dress, and they had this STUNNING dress on a manican, and i HAD to try it on! i needed to see how it looked and get it out of my system. well, i dont know if that was the best decision cause now i really like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Only problem is that my current dress is paid off. I bought it off the rack and a really low price! The new dress is fairly expensive. if i bought the new dress i would have to find a way to sell the old one, and if i was unable to, i would lose the money i spent on it, and my "new" dress would cost that much more in total cause i lost money on it. ya know?

so I am going to post a few pics and I would like your opinions. I am not going to tell you which one is the new one or old one just so no one is biased. :)

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

ok, here they are. please excuse the quality... the camera we used sucked big time! lol. also, excuse the horrid posture, funny faces, and striped blue undies! LOL!

Dress #1:

Dress #2:

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Happy New Years Ladies!

FH and I had our first tiff of the new years because the only task I gave him was to book our hotel. We had until the 4th to lock in the prices (we got the quote on the 22nd) So i'm hounding him to get on it and he doesn't so I have to and rude things were said but it's over and he apologized. =)

Toast:

The first dress is very classic and the fit is beautiful on you and it would definately work with you hair trial pics.

The second dress is daring and different but in my opinion it looks undone. Like the designer just forgot to finish it. I also picture an updo with a dress like that.

IMHO: I love the first one on you. You look very bridal in it. The second one reminds me of a night gown for some reason. However, how you do you feel in the dress?

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Gosiaczek Posts : 2 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Also getting married 10.9.2010

LIVE, LOVE , LOUGH Cool

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Toast, I like the first dress the best. I think there is something timeless about it, and it works with your natural beauty well. I don't remember who said it, but I agree that the 2nd dress looks unfinished. I couldn't figure out what I didn't like about it (because I felt like I should have liked it), nad I think that's it. I also think it looks more like an Oscar dress than a wedding dress. The pointy bustline really did it in for me! :)

Rebecca, I know it's not funny, but I definitely laughed at the last line of your rant about FH. Maybe just the way you presented it? I don't know. It definitely brightened my morning to know that it's not just FH & I that fight over things not getting done!

We got six inches of snow here last night and it's still coming down! Our apartment (an attic apartment) has been absolutely freezing lately so we've spent the past couple of nights out at FMIL's house. It's nice because we got to sit down and talk wedding yesterday. I'm just hoping the roads are cleared up tomorrow so that we can go meet with our photographer and see a venue we're now looking into without risking killing ourselves! I'm so excited to meet our photographer. She sends the best emails and I love her pictures! It's going to be said to see that six hundred dollars leave my bank account, but it's going to be so worth it!

In other news, FH made a wedding-related decision yesterday! Two, actually! We ordered sweaters for the boys and he decided that red would be fine instead of searching all over for brown ones in all the sizes we need. THEN he decided we should get the middle-of-the-road package with our photographer so that it includes an album instead of us trying to make one ourselves. I'm so proud of him!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine