What are your colors/theme?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
What are your colors/theme?
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 9:43 PM

My wedding is set for September 10,2011 and I LOOVEEE fall. So I am thinking I will have orange as my main color with truffle and red or green. I love fall colors and the wedding is going to be outside so it will work perfectly. But I was wondering what everyone else was thinking of since I know it's one of the first things we ladies think about.!

Future Mrs. McMahan as of December 24,2009 !

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  I SAID YES =) Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
Re: What are your colors/theme?
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Our wedding is May 14, 2011 on the beach, hopefully in Savannah, GA! Our colors are pink and green! Our flowers are gerber daises!

DianaPlansWedding Posts : 12 Registered: 1/3/10
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Oooo fun thread!

Our wedding (which I feel funny typing, since it'll be here once I post with my ticker) is going to be January 2012, and our theme is Crimson and Clover. Cute, right?! BUT, I didn't want xmas colors so close to xmas, so I'm going with the lavendar color of the clover blossom, so our colors will be crimson and lavendar. Silver four-leaf clovers will be the accent.

George and Diana

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: DianaPlansWedding

My wedding is in a few weeks, at the end of April. Spring is my favorite season, and my colors are bright pink with orange accents. The 'maids are wearing "watermelon" (per David's Bridal) dresses, with "tangerine" waist sashes and carrying orange Gerber Daisies wrapped in pink ribbon. The guys are wearing black tuxes with "watermelon" vests/ties and a bright orange Calla Lily boutonneire. With the color explosion that will surround us, FH and I will be donning lots of white! He's wearing the black tux with a white vest/tie. My dress is solid white, as well as my bouquet of Lilies, Gerberas, and Roses.

I think it'll be beautiful! I cannot wait!

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

SMGray Posts : 84 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 1:35 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We're getting married late summer 2011- hopefully, we're having date issues. No matter when we get married, my colors are violet and light gray with pale yellow accents. My bridesmaids are wearing black knee length dresses they pick themselves, we're getting married in a place that's a pain to get to so I want to offset some of the inconvenience by letting them get a dress they'll be happy with- and I'll style them up with colored shoes or headbands, fancy flowers... fun stuff!

CassieLynn Posts : 7 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: SMGray

As of right now, we are planning on getting married sometime in Spring/Summer 2012 (since we are both young and in college) but I have already started thinking of colors/themes, haha. As far as colors go right now, I was thinking a mix of dark apple green (David's Bridal calls it "Clover") and marigold. Either that, or maroon, marigold and orange.

As far as themes go, we are planning on having a vintage 1920s/30s theme complete with a jazz band at the reception (luckily, he is Majoring in Music Education and I'm Minoring in general Music, so it should be easy for us to find a band at a decent price).

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 4:30 AM Go to message in response to: CassieLynn

We are getting married May 21, 2011 and our colors are hot pink and navy blue. It's losely themed on Sleeping Beauty (my all-time fave movie! The faeries always fight about the princess' dress color - pink or blue) He is a firefighter and his nickname is "bluebear" (because he looks like a big blue bear in his uniform) So from that I automatically became pinkbear. Our wedding favors will be little pink and blue gummy bears! We are going to have a solo guitarist play the sleeping beauty song "Once upon a dream" as I walk down the aisle too. Other than that, our wedding is outdoors at his family's vineyard in sonoma county, CA and will be kinda rustic-y themed (centerpieces and favors in galvanized buckets, buffet with tri-tip, tomato salad, etc.) I'm hoping we can get the barn spruced up fo the reception, but we arent sure its going to be big enough for everyone. It seems like I have all the little details (food, flowers, attire, guest list, etc.) but we still don't have a set location, time, etc! Ack!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Shoesiesluvr Posts : 43 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Our wedding date is September 25, 2010 and we are getting married in Cancun. I kind of was clueless as to which route I wanted to take when planning all the wedding details, i had no clue how I would piece everything together, but as soon as I found THE dress, everything just fell into place. I just found the dress I will be wearing, this past saturday and it is totally me! My dress is very Spanish-ey (lol) it totally reminds me of Barcelona, Spain, sort of Flamenco dancerish lol So i decided to take a play on the dress and our location. So our theme is very much based on that, my main color is Magenta/Sangria (and of course all the amazing colors and effects you get when marrying on the beach at sunset) and the girls will be wearing a one shoulder flowy dress, with some sort of flowers/ruffles on the one strap. Our center pieces will include kiwis and bright pink hydrangeas and our cake is four tiers with dark pink roses in between each tier. Ahhh im getting soooo excited for the big day as im writing this!! =)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Our theme is summertime! Our colors will be coral, aqua, and yellow (bright summer colors!) We want to rent a big cabin on the lake and our ceremony will be outside. I will wear a short white summery type dress and the bridesmaids will wear dresses in one of the above colors. For the reception, we want to go white water rafting and floating on the river with our guests. We will have FH's family play in their band and there will be a lot of dancing and food! The ceremony will be classy and the reception will be a lot of summer-time fun! I think it will be beautiful! I'm so excited. :)

wedding websites

http://www.ewedding.com/sites/rachaelandteddy/

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsLevine

Everyone's colors and themes sound so beautiful!! I know each one will be perfect! I'm getting married in 3 short months and our colors are a mauve/blush and gold with cream. I tell everyone pink and gold cause its easier than explaining what the colors look like... here is one of my color inspiration pics (I can't get the others to paste). We're going with a romantic parisian theme. I'm so excited!!!

RSVP
A royal-inspired bash calls for the creme de le creme of wedding stationery. Set the tone with a letterpress-scripted invitation mounted on heavy card stock and wrapped in patterned blush-and-gold fabric. Rosettes accented with feathers and vintage ...

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

everyones themes/colors sound so pretty.!
I love how some with the same date as me are
going to use summer colors while i am using fall
colors, that is the good thing about september you
can get away with so much. personally its my favorite
month. its when me and FH first started dating so of course
it has a special place lol.

Future Mrs. McMahan as of December 24,2009 !

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hello! We are getting married Sunday September 12th 2010. Our colors are bright pink and silver. The only thing that is really going to be in the colors though are the girls dresses and the invites.

We are getting married on a yacht on Lake Tahoe so there is no need to decorate. It wont be a sit down dinner or anything like that so no centerpieces or chair covers. Im not doing favors or programs or anything else. I guess my 'theme' would be the double hearts, my invites have a silver border with the 2 silver hearts on top, and Im going to add pink sparkly paper to the back to make a double border. Im letting my girls all pick out any dress they want in bright pink, it doesnt even matter if they arent the exact same shade.

I still cant wait to see the pictures of the green mountains on top of that deep blue of the lake, with the bright pink of my wedding party :)

I LOVE those blush/pink invitations, they scream elegance and beauty to me.

RobininMI Posts : 7 Registered: 1/5/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Our wedding will be held late fall/ early winter on November first....because of that we chose a very pale blue for our wedding color.

It will be a winter fairytale type of theme, with the light almost ice blue. I am thinking of having the same color in a sash on the wedding gown.

Everyone's colors sound beautiful

Robin

Danny and Robin

Engaged 12-24-2009

To be Married November 1,2010

RinaReese Posts : 1 Registered: 2/9/10
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

This ius a question I really needed help with. I found that tyhe website www.deluxepartyplans.webs.com it helped so much with the colors\ themes AND with the wedding party.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I'm having a fall themed wedding and these are our colors!

Apple Red, Truffle, and Persimmon.
CIMG1476-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine