Any Christmas Proposals?

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 24

Twili Posts : 9 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: Any Christmas Proposals?
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I got proposed to on christmas morning.
My fiancee and I are night owls so we were up at about 1am when he asked me if I wanted my christmas present now or in the morning (when we wake up). I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't just give it to me when he wanted to, so I said I'll wait till morning and we left it at that.
Morning came around at about 6am for us (I'm on prescription and it happens to fall on 6am unfortunatly) and we lay in bed and cuddled/snoozed till around 10ish. After a little while he asks me again if I'm ready for my present and I figured "yeah sure why not".
He gets out of bed, grabs the box from under the couch and climbed back in bed with me where he asked me under the covers.
At first I was like "I knew he was going for a christmas proposal!" and then I was like "wait, seriously?" (I hadn't had my coffee yet, he probably should have waited till I was more awake).
He asks me "Will you marry me?" and I say "Yes, of course!".
He breathes a sigh of relief and we spend the rest of the day breaking the news to family and scratching our heads trying to pinpoint my exact response (by request of his sister).

So thats my proposal in a nutshell! __
I wouldn't have it any other way.

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

awh. they all sound so cute. congrats!
http://www.ewedding.com/sites/rachaelandteddy/

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: Twili

I also got engaged on Christmas this year, well Christmas Eve. =)
We always open gifts at my parents that night && then his parents to open gifts
so we finished at my house and then went on to his parents house. we opened gifts
watched his sister's kids open theirs and we were all sitting there talking. I got up to
go into the kitchen and get something else to drink and came back and noticed his mom
had moved across to where i was sittiing and she had her camera, everyone was kind of
looking and waiting and I just sat there, knowing that he was about to propose. BUT at this
point i had assumed i wasnt getting it, i mean we had already talked about Valentine's day
so I didnt really think much of it. Then my FH asked "What all did you get?" As I rattled off
everything from lotion to another pandora bracelet he said "Oh, and this." I looked down and there
was the ring. It wasnt even the one we had looked at ! It was BETTER! I didnt notice it was different
until about 5 minutes later cause I was hugging him and kissing him lol. But then when I realized
what pandora charms he had gotten me it made sense, He got me the key to his heart charm and
a christmas tree w. a gold star charm for a reminder of when we got engaged, as if I would forget!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  Happily engaged to David McMahan on 12.24.2009 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

babyhugs82 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsLevine

Christmas Eve proposal. He had arranged it with my unit boss and the staffing boss, for me to be done with work at 3pm instead of 7pm like usual. He took me out to dinner, then drove us around for a little while. We then went down to the waterfront, and sat on a snow-covered bench, underneath the clock tower. After sitting there for a little bit, he dropped down on one knee!! Obviously, I said YES!!!

Gidge84 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 7 years so I knew it was coming sometime soon (I hoped at least). After we finished opening all our other presents Christmas morning at 6 A.M. John took the ring out of his pocket and asked! It's very special because I've never had a good Christmas and have always hated the holiday, now I will always have something very special to remember each year. We plan on getting married in June, our original date was 10-10-10 but we are worried about some of our elderly family member's health and we want them to be there for the wedding. The sooner the better for us!

ReRe213 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

My fiance proposed on Christmas Eve and it was beautiful!! He did it at his family's house in front of all his family. Prior to the engagement, he went to see my mom and family to ask them for my hand in marraige! It was absolutely beautfiul and I cried like a little girl!! And now we are starting a fall 2011 wedding!

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: ReRe213

Yes, we got engaged on the 20th. We spent the rest of the holidays announcing it to the family. It wasnt a suprise at all though, we had talked about it and I knew my christmas gift was the ring...didnt make it any less special :)

HopetobeMrsF Posts : 13 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I just got engaged on Wednesday!!! It was so beautiful and neither of us can wait to start planning our lives together. It's going to be a relatively short engagement if we can make it happen :)

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I didn't get my proposal on Christmas (it was actually this past June), however I do have a really cute story about my sister's proposal on Christmas Eve two years ago. In my family, we always get together on Christmas Eve with just my siblings and our parents. The year that my BIL proposed, my stepmom had told him that he could marry my sister only if he did the proposal in front of all of us. So on Christmas Eve he and one of my brothers went to the jewelry store and bought the ring. My parents were leaving for boy scouts winter camp the day after Christmas, so he was going to wait until they got back. However, he was so excited that he just couldn't wait. So after we all opened our presents he asked my sister if she wanted her Christmas present then. When she said "Duh.." he got down on one knee and asked her... She looked at him all funny and said "What?? Are you serious?" And he said "Well I'm down here on one knee in front of your whole family with a ring in my hand, so yeah." She said "Oh..." He asked her again and her response was "Well yeah..." It was so cute and we got it all on videotape.

sushisachi Posts : 1 Registered: 12/23/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: MegsandJ

We got engaged on the 20th too! My fiance is an airline pilot and although he was planning on being home on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, the weather report wasnt looking good so he didn't want to take a chance of not getting home for Christmas to ask me. Just before he left town we went out on our dock on the Indian River and it was a beautiful day. He got down on his knees next to me and asked me to be his wife! I am glad I didn't have to wait til Christmas because I knew it was coming and it was killing me, and he got to surprise me in his own way by doing it early. This is a second marriage for both of us so we tend to more practical than spontanous. It was nice to have a little anticipation without knowing when or where!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine