June 2010 Brides?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 89

JmeRaylynn Posts : 7 Registered: 8/24/09
Re: June 2010 Brides?
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: ladybug104

Hi! I just recently got engaged to my high school sweetheart. We have been together almost 5 years and are planning a June 5th, 2010 wedding. We are both from Richmond, VA, but are planning a beach wedding in North Carolina. I just got a dress and have a reception venue booked, now I am looking for a DJ. There's a lot more work going into this than I realized!

Good luck with all your planning!!

brettdresseur Posts : 13 Registered: 9/20/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 1:40 AM Go to message in response to: VickieG

June 19, 2010 Also. I think we're on to something!!

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: brettdresseur

June 5th here as well.

Finally got the venue determined last week, and therefore the date.

I think we're having friends do the photography and DJing, so next I'd like to figure out the food. My fiance wants us to cater it ourselves (with help from family and friends) which sounds a bit crazy to me, but it's something to research!

I'm still searching for a dress too...

MissStephanie Posts : 6 Registered: 10/3/09
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

June 26, 2010 here! :)

I have venues and a caterer booked. Currently looking for a photographer, and will soon go dress shopping. Hooray!

Sometimes June seems so far away though! :(

AuntyTahra Posts : 3 Registered: 7/25/09
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

I am getting married on June 12th, 2010!

All you have to be is yourself

Garden10Wedding Posts : 4 Registered: 9/23/09
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: AuntyTahra

June 5, 2010!
Be yourself, only more glamorous!

TheJuneBride Posts : 1 Registered: 11/12/08
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

June 11 2010!!! Can't wait. Now just have to find my vendors....

tmgearin Posts : 1 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: TheJuneBride

We are getting married June 12, 2010!! I've had everything planned for months now. We've had the venue, church, cake, flowers, my dress, favors, photographer, hair dresser, invitations....almost everything picked out and booked since June 2009. :-) I felt really weird having everything done so far away but now that its only 7 months away I am so glad I am not scrambling to get things booked and I was able to pick pretty much any day since there wasnt many people booked for 2010. My next thing to book next month is the Make Up artist.

I am in California but getting married in Boston. Since I didnt book the make up artist when I was there in June I will be booking her in December when we are back. I will also be booking the place we have the rehearsal dinner.

I'd love to start a chat with some of you about what you're doing to plan and what's missing that I just cant think of. :-)

Congrats all!! Happy Planning!

Teach06 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/11/09
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: JmeRaylynn

We got engaged on August 8, 2009 and decided with in a couple weeks that our wedding date is set for June 26, 2010!!!!

Elocin626 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/13/09
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

I'm a June 26, 2010 bride now too!! For the last 8 months I was a May 1 bride, however, my venue is closing and they canceled all weddings after March... My new venue was not available on our date, so we moved it!! Glad to be a June bride now and back to planning a new wedding, in a new place, on a new date! Yay for June! It really is a great month for a wedding!!

DarlingDanielle Posts : 1 Registered: 7/15/09
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

6-26-2010

I'm super excited! Venue is set up, just need to find caterer, cake, flowers, etc... etc... Dress shopping in January! I can't wait :-) Congrats to all you other beautiful ladies!

Edited by: DarlingDanielle on Nov 16, 2009 2:00 PM

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: DarlingDanielle

Wow! There are tons of 6/26 brides! I can't believe how the past couple month have flown by - and you know how fast the holiday months are going to go, too! Our weddings will be here before we know it!!!

How has everyone's planning been going? FH and I have been doing a pretty good job staying on top of things, but have run into a few bumps on the road as well. When we first started planning we were both thinking we could get it all done for well under $10,000 - uh, yeah... easier said than done! There are sooooo many things we didn't even think to account for - but, I'm pretty sure we have everything under control, now!

We have pretty much everything booked/ordered and whatever. My dress came in a few months ago, and is a little too tight in some areas - but hey, if a wedding dress can't motivate someone to tone up and lose a few pounds, I don't know what will! :) So, I've been working pretty hard at that! I've also been working on a few DIY projects. We just got our 'save the dates' too, which is pretty exciting! If anyone is thinking about doing them through magnetstreet - I highly recommend them! Hmmm... oh, we have also been working on our website, too. It's a little tricky since we are having a super small wedding ceremony on Friday and then the reception on Saturday... but we;re hoping people understand!

So yeah, only 7ish months until the big day (or dayS for me, haha...)!!! Has everything been running smoothly? Getting excited yet?!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

RorKat Posts : 1 Registered: 6/21/06
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

I am a June 19,2010 Bride! I do not think it is too early to start planning! I feel like you need to book your big stuff like your reception venue, photographer, dj, videographer, ceremony site....

We actually changed our date from June 5th because we decided to change the ceremony site and June 5th was already booked.

I have the reception venue booked, this is the first thing you need to do when deciding on a date, in my option. We decided on where we wanted our reception and then got available dates for May to July. We then booked everything else after that.

There are a ton of little things to figure out, but they will come together once the big stuff is done/booked. I agree that planning a wedding is very stressful and at sometimes not fun, but I try to stay positive and I know everything will come together in the end....I look at some of my friends that planned their weddings and if they can do it I know i can too!

Good luck everyone and Congrats June Brides...we will get through planning our wedding together.

I have a ton of great ideas for my wedding and hope to do alot myself to save money...Katie <3

Meimeimei Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: VickieG

We are getting married on Sunday, June 27, 2010 in So Cal.. I booked the location, got my wedding dress... what else is there.. LOL.

1stKiss4Him Posts : 32 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 6:58 AM Go to message in response to: independant2406

I'm not engaged yet..prayfully in the next 3 months or so. I want a June 2010 wedding though. June 12th..."Loving Day". Just like someone else posted we are IR as well..

Future Mrs K.

Part of a poem I wrote called Eternity

When separation deprivation sinks in
When the route to happiness is an eternity away
I dream of you and eternity is within my reach
Not knowing where you be next
Praying that God knows best
Whispering "I love you" to the sky
Hoping you’ll hear these words and know why
I'm part a part of you, always and for all time
Search your heart like I do when I'm away from you
My breath coincides with the rhythm of yours