Anyone waiting until marriage to have...

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 69

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Re: Anyone waiting until marriage to have...
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i have alot of respect for those that do where..it is very honorable..but  for me..well i wasnt avirgin when i met FH and neither was he..and honestly i need to know if the guy im going to be with can please me..is pleased with me how i am..and etc etc..so waiting till marriage has never crossed my mind..but like i said i have respect for those that do wait.

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

DH and I both waited to our wedding night to have sex so we were both virgins that night and we couldn't have been happier with our decision.  We did so because of our faith and choice to follow Bible principles and it gave us a sense of fulfillment to know that we could display self control to that extent and it was exciting that night too ;)

lovey80 Posts : 10 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

We are also both virgins waiting till marriage. I have a question though... I'm afraid that we will be exhausted on our wedding night. In addition to that, we both want to enjoy the weddng but we do get tipsy after one or two drinks. I don't want to be drunk and tired when we have sex for the first time. Anyone here who waited and could give advice? Should we wait till the next morning? Also, we're planning on staying in a nice hotel the first day we're married and then not leaving on the honeymoon till the following day. My friend however, thinks that since we'll still be in town that our relatives might try to knock on our door and talk to us or get us to hang out with them when we want to spend the first day appreciating each other. I thought having time before we leave would give us that relaxing time to just appreciate each other but my friend thinks we should wait an extra entire day and have sex first when we are far away on our honeymoon. What do you guys think? Also, I'm afraid that it will hurt. Any tips on that?

And to answer the previous question, my friends know we're waiting but I'm most certainly not going to tell anyone or announce it. I think our sex life is very private whether we're doing it or not doing it and I don't want any comments on it positive or negative because it's none of their business.

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

my FH and i are neither virgins, i was his first (but i am also 7 years older than him and i had
a long relationship before) we both keep our sex life private but at the same time it was not a
big deal for either of us to wait. I also have alot of respect for those that do wait and i have friends
that have chosen to wait. It is really immature for friends or anyone to talk about or make comments
about anyone that choses to wait or not to wait. I myself enjoy every minute of my FH and know that
he will continue to make me happy (LOL) but I agree with you in that I want to make sure I am pleased
because alot of therapist/counselors will tell you that is a huge cause of unhappy marriages is not
being pleased behind closed doors. BUT you should work that problem out together instead of straying.
.I think both of us will have fun trying new things and being together. It IS alot of fun to be intimate with
the one person that can turn you on with just a look. =)

wedding countdown

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: lovey80

lovey80 - Most people understand the simple etiquette of not bothering the wedding couple the night and morning after their wedding. I didn't speak to my brother after his wedding until we all met for brunch after they left they after party. But its best to talk it over with your FH then anything else. If you both want to wait for the honeymoon to be away from family and friends who may bother you... then you need to do what you are both comfortable with.

My FH and I already set a cut off date a few weeks before the wedding. I admire anyone who is waiting for their first time. When I finally got together with my FH I had this overwhelming wish that I had waited and he was the only person I would ever be with.

Friendship is a wonderful base for love...

Waleska Posts : 8 Registered: 2/19/10
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, that is very hard to live with your FH and not have sex. My FH and I were doing great when we didn't live together. Now that we have been living together these past four months that has been the most difficult thing to do. We are still trying to abstain from sex for spiritual and relationship reasons, but we loose control once in a blue.

We are trying our best, the sex we have is mindblowing!(lol) We would move up our date if it wasn't for our guest!

My advice to those who are abstaining try your best not to have sex, once you have sex for the first time and it's great, it is so hard to stop.
Ms. Wes.... Happiness is what I long for!

Forever2 Posts : 9 Registered: 3/14/10
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I are waiting as well. We are both virgins and we both want to wait until our wedding night.
A few people mentioned about saving your first kiss for the wedding. We are planning on doing that too. The kissing thing isn't really like a conviction but I think it would be neat and special to wait.
As far as letting people know about us waiting, I really don't think it necessary. I feel that is private information that no one but us or family needs to know.

Sunnijoy Posts : 32 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

My husband and I both waited to have sex until our wedding night. We did so to honor what we believe was God's desire for our lives as we are both Christians.

I am very grateful that I was a virgin on my wedding night.

However I will admit that my husband and I had a very awkward first night together because both of us spent so much of our lives trying to remain pure, that neither of us knew what to do once we were "allowed" to have sex.

We neglected to take pre-marital counseling, which is something I would go back and change if I could.

Confession: My husband scarred me for the entirity of our honeymoon by practically pulling me into bed the second we walked into the hotel room on our wedding night. By scarred I mean I was shaken up and affected by it for our entire honeymoon. I think we would have been more successful if he had known to romance me into bed rather than just go for it.

I was very selective in the movies I watched growing up and have never seen an R rated movie. Also I was homeschooled and only remember being given a very elementary age level sex talk.
So my husband's erection was the first I had ever seen and suffice to say, I would have been a lot less frightened if he had been pointing a real life loaded gun at me.

I wish more than anything that my husband's father would have thought to sit him down before our wedding and talk to my husband about how a groom can reassure his new bride on their honeymoon night. I wish both my husband and I had been better prepared and instructed about what to do and not just schooled on what not to do.

Things are better now though.

"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." ~Westminister Catechism

I try to spread my message to the world the best way that I can give it
We can make it, always be optimistic
If you don’t listen, gotta live my life the best way that I can live it
With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains
And only the heavenly father can ease the hurt
Just let it go and keep prayin’ on your knees in church (Let’s go)
And be hopeful, hopeful, and He’ll make a way
I know it ain’t easy but - that’s okay
Cause we hopeful -"Hope" by Twista and Faith Evans

Sunnijoy Posts : 32 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: Forever2

I recommend waiting to kiss for the first time until you are married, especially for those of you who are Christians and desiring to avoid temptations.

My husband was my first kiss. I had wanted us to wait until our wedding day but we did not.

Having experienced both sides- both the waiting and the partaking, I strongly advocate waiting.

Kissing is a gateway to more passionate activity. And if you think resisting the urge to kiss is hard- it only gets harder after kissing.

The great thing about being physical with someone you are in love with is that God made you to be that way and so you'll get the hang of that fairly quickly. You don't have to be already experienced in kissing or intimacy to have a good time together in marriage. In fact, one of the biggest joys for me with my husband is that all my firsts have been with him. And that is something he treasures about me.

I don't mean in anyway to condemn people who do kiss before marriage. I certainly enjoyed all the kissing my husband and I did. I am just saying that I wish I had spared myself the temptation that came with kissing- especially since I can now be intimate with my husband all I want now.
In the great scheme of things, our courtship would have been such a short time to go without kissing.

"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." ~Westminister Catechism

I try to spread my message to the world the best way that I can give it
We can make it, always be optimistic
If you don’t listen, gotta live my life the best way that I can live it
With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains
And only the heavenly father can ease the hurt
Just let it go and keep prayin’ on your knees in church (Let’s go)
And be hopeful, hopeful, and He’ll make a way
I know it ain’t easy but - that’s okay
Cause we hopeful -"Hope" by Twista and Faith Evans

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine