October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,324 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 1,708

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

i also want soft, loose, natural looking curls. more like a toussled look. i also want something like #2 and #4. Did I ever post my hair trial pics? I will have to find them and post them...that is basically what i had done.

jelly- i think the shorter styled pic with the tossled look would look good on you. i think it was #3 or 4??

try the multivitamin thing...not sure if it will work or not, but it might. who knows! lol. other than that... try to brush it alot. i have heard that helps it grow too!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I want my hair like the last picture, but without the veil. I'm doing flowers in my hair instead.

I am taking prenatal vitamins and I know my nails are growing super fast now, so I'm guessing my hair is too.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I love the first picture. I absolutely want my hair done like that. Just waiting for it to grow out!

I have the prenatal vitamins (not really prenatal just vitamins that help your hair and nails) but they are HUGE! I'm really bad at taking pills and those are huge pills and I can't get them down. I may have to cut them in half!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

here are some of the pics from my trial

with the hair piece: side view:

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Happy New Year!!! This is our year! I can't believe it. Time is going by quicker than I thought it would. Hope everybody had a great holiday!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Nice hair Toast!

I can't believe it's 2010 already! AHHHH I am soooo excited!! :-D You're right Amanda, this is our year!!

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Happy New Year! FH and I decided over the holidays to elope this summer so our Halloween wedding is off. I am so excited! We're doing a brunch cruise with our families and bridal party. What a relief to not have to host a huge party for a bunch of snobby relatives who you can't please no matter what. So now we're splurging on the elements that matter to us and not trying to feed our huge extended families who would rather be elsewhere on Halloween. I got to update my dress already :)
Happy planning, it is indeed OUR YEAR!

.:Katie:.

Unique seashell bouquets at tidalbridal.etsy.com

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

yes, happy new year to everyone too! hopefully yours is off to a better start than mine! i had to bring my dog into the vet today... spent over $400... he had a huge gash in his paw and had to be put under anethesia and have stitches!

add to that the fact that my car decided to DIE on the highway last week and it cost me over $600, and my fiances car needed $1,300 worth of work....we have had a ROUGH couple of weeks!! ugh! its ALWAYS something isnt it?

hopefully this will be IT for 2010...and the next 10 months will go by smoothly!!

:)

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

oh cheetah....
there is a bridal expo at St. Clements Castle on Feb. 7th from 11am-3pm.
Its $10 admission (but all the shows seem to be that price) but they have appetizers, pasta and cake to eat too! so.... its kind of like getting lunch included! i went last year and they had a ton of passed appetizers, then the cake lady had samples to eat, and then they had 2 pasta stations.

plus, they had lots of good vendors there too!

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Sorry to hear about your dog, Toast. Any idea how he got the gash?

FH and I are having the laziest year! ;) Sorry, I get my lame jokes from my dad, who surprisingly hasn't text me with "I haven't seen you all year!" We've just been laying on the couches in our jammies, watching TV, reading, and making fun of each other.

I'm trying to get really going in my planning. I'm going to make FH sit down and we're going seriously discuss the guest list. Right now we're at 256 people to invite, and I just want to make sure we aren't forgetting anybody. This is probably something we should have done a long time ago...but we didn't. Unfortunately, FH does not want to talk weddings much. Or ever.

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

That stinks about your doggie. But at least he's better :) I hope you have a smooth 10 months too. Thanks for the info on the bridal show. I'm going to the one in Hartford on Jan 17th. I'll think about going to the other one too that you mentioned. It's good to keep myself busy. It seems to make the weeks go by faster. I started to register at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. It's so much fun! Sometimes I feel guilty adding things to my registery. I figured I'll have the shower during the summer so that will keep me busy. I just hope Jan and Feb go by fast. Those seem to be the months that drag on forever!

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Is anyone doing a slideshow? We have started looking at pictures from my childhood on up through now, finding pictures to include. Tonight we're working on finding Eric's. It's fun to look through the pictures, and sharing them with each other. Next comes scanning them in and putting together the slideshow.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Yes I am doing a slideshow! I have always wanted to do one :) I'm doing one of my fh and me and another one of my dad and me! They will be played during our dances.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Oh that sounds neat! We thought about doing a second one that included our families in it, but haven't decided for sure on that yet. Not sure if we'll have the ability. It will already be a stretch to have one in the barn.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I've been thinking about a slideshow, but I'm not sure it'll work in a tent! Maybe we can do something like that for the rehearsal dinner. I definitely recommend using Movie Maker if you have it on your computer already! I had to make a movie for class and we used it; it was so easy to add things (even music and narration!) and save it as a playable film file. My mom raves on and on about the MAC software they have at school, and I know they're great, but if you're a PC/Windows gal, I think movie maker is great! =)

It'll be neat to have the slideshows playing during the dances...are you going to do that for FH and his mom, too?

I am absolutely registry crazy. I spend hours trying to find things I want in different price ranges. I feel like everything is so expensive! FMIL is trying to get us to register at Crate and Barrel or Williams-Sonoma, but...geeze. Everything there is super expensive and I don't think anyone in my family could afford to shop there. If people in her family want to buy is stuff from there anyway, though, I don't mind! Michael and I aren't too particular.

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine