August 2010 -- Where my fellow brides at?!?! haha!

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 71

hugradbride Posts : 2 Registered: 7/24/06
Re: August 2010 -- Where my fellow brides at?!?! haha!
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

We are also getting married 8.9.10

hugradbride Posts : 2 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: RiRi52621

Where are you getting married, we are also wedding twins :)

FutureMrsHoward Posts : 2 Registered: 8/17/09
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: kc3307

Hey ladies! I am an August 14, 2010 bride! My fiance wanted it on Friday the 13th, but a Friday wasn't convienent for everyone. The 14th has no special meaning to us...YET, but is in between my summer graduate school semester and my internship. I will have a week free before and a week free after. So, that works out perfect. I am very excited and cannot wait for the day to get here! It seems so long away! I am a graduate student in speech, language pathology, so wedding planning has been taking a backseat to all my school and clinical work. Our colors are more of a royal blue and yellow. I picked the colors cause it's both of our favorite colors. We are having sunflowers as our only flower. We both have our attendants...5 each. I only needed 3 but he needed more! haha! We have our ceremony and reception site, our officiant, photographer, and my dress :). Being a graduate student, money is tight, so we are not going to send out Save The Dates. My dad has a company with graphic designers, so they are going to make our invites for us. And who knew keeping a guest list to a certain number would be so hard....especially in a small town!!

Everyone's wedding sounds perfect :). I wish everyone the best of luck!

Vegas2010Bride Posts : 2 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHoward

Just recently chose August 4th after driving down to Vegas to pick the ceremony and reception site. Both the FH and I wanted the date to be in the middle of the week and during the first half of August to make it easier on us and cheaper on flights for our guests. We're also offering to videostream the ceremony for the guests that can't make it so there will be no hard feelings if they can't make it due to time or money.
in the beginning stages of DIY , so far so good
Bio

Blog & DIY
August 2010

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: TILYTAF813

august 6th 2010

coronado south beach, coronado, cali

im stoaked

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

NerdyPrincess Posts : 1 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: kc3307

I am getting married 8-9-10 and looking for other brides for that unique date that I can talk to about planning and stuff.

starlightdc Posts : 12 Registered: 10/15/09
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHoward

i'm august 14, 2010 in Washington, DC. exciting! we have a planner, venue, photographer, band, and a dress (2 actually!). colors are aubergine and peach (w/ creams thrown in there). working on STDs. sometimes i feel like we are far along but then i remember all the small things - cake, BM dresses, officiant, invites, lighting, favors, flowers etc etc. we are done for the year though - back to full speed ahead in january!

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Earthies

earthie: i see you are getting married in so cal. may i ask where? im getting married in coronado

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 3:58 AM Go to message in response to: FmF

I casually glanced over this thread, and I didn't see any other brides with my date.....August 21, 2010????

Faitht Posts : 2 Registered: 12/30/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 5:08 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I am 8-21-10!!!!!!!! I have the reception and ceremony site booked as well as the photographer, dj, makeup and hair, i have my dress, the bridesmaids dresses are all ordered. I am having the ceremony by the ocean and my colors are blue and orange.

StaryNight Posts : 3 Registered: 11/23/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: kc3307

My wedding date is August 12, 2010. It will also be my fiancé and I's 3 year anniversary. We spent our first date from 1 am to sunrise watching the annual Perseids Meteor shower. We have each year since then celebrated our anniversary watching the meteor shower. So we decided to do one step up from just a theme wedding and actually have our wedding on the night of our anniversary under the shooting stars. We are thinking that we will have the ceremony at about 9:30 pm and then invite our guest to watch the stars with us. I know that we will have to have a great deal of lights set up for the ceremony, but it will be worth it because that night already has such a meaning to us and will then have an even greater meaning to us.

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: kc3307

Anyone have an update on their wedding plans?

I think we are doing good on plans. We almost have everything book. So far we have booked with the church, reception, the photographer, the florist (which was a lot cheaper than expected). I beleive the only thing I need to book is the bakery for the cake and cupcakes. I have already bought my wedding dresses, the flower girls dresses, and bm dresses. We are still looking into what tuxes we like. The band we are going to purchase this upcoming weekend.

I am glad things are starting to come together more quickly now, for a while the plans where at a stand still because I had no clue what I wanted to do.

I now just wish August would come sooner.

Just4Me Posts : 11 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: kc3307

Hello,

We are having a reaffirmation of vows August 17th, 2010. The 17th is our 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I are planning a traditional catholic reaffirmation ceremony. Additionally, we are having a cocktail party, reception, cake ceremony and after party, Our colors are cream, silver and merlot. I am excited, and exhausted at the same time.

Our daughter is 10 years old and our son is 16 years old. Our daughter is going to be my MOH and our son is my husband's BM. My daughter and I have had a ball trying on gowns and going to trunk shows. I have decided on an Anne Barge gown for the ceremony and Manuel Mota gown for the reception. My daughter is going to wear an Anne Barge gown too for the ceremony and a Judd Waddell for the reception.

I am going to use traditional classic flowers: various cream roses, merlot colored roses, peonies, gardenias, orchids and hydrangeas with lots of greenery. I love the willow trees and plan to use them in the table centerpieces. All the accents will be silver and cranberry glass vases and urns.

I am having difficulty finding the table dressings. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I do not want to use silver chargers, because of the silver accents for the floral designs. Help, please. My event planners are great but I have yet to find what I truly want for the tables.

Thank you all and happy planning!!

ra

kellybliss730 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/4/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: kc3307

hi
I'm also a August bride, We are getting married at the Chateau brand in longisland NY, Its going to be a tropical wedding with lots of sea shells. My color is purple, I'M so excited. I'M going to turn 30 the week before that so its going to be a fun month, good luck with everything
Kelly and steve

Girl daydreaming on the chair about love I want be the wind that fills your sail
Be the hand that lifts your veil
Be the moon that moves your tides
The sun coming up in your eyes
Be the spark that lights you up
All that you've been dreaming of
And more ... so much more
I want be your everything!

Soon2BmrsCross Posts : 1 Registered: 12/11/09
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: kc3307

Congrats everyone!!

I am also an August bride.. our date is set for August 8, 2010. We are getting married at Chapel at the Park in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I have just started planning and I am SOOO EXCITED :)

Whats meant to be will always find a way.. <3

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine