small wedding

Online Users: 1,362 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
small wedding
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 10:01 AM

I just got engaged on Christmas eve and am starting to begin the planning process for our May 2011 wedding! I know a lot of the smaller details, like the colors! Im having the hardest time figuring out where to have the actual wedding! Whether to have a beach wedding, which my mom isn't a fan of because of the heat, or a more traditional wedding in a historic house! We probably wont be having a bridal or groom party! It will be a small wedding with about at the most 40 guests and that is pushing it! Any help is welcome! Anyone else having a really small wedding? thanks

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: small wedding
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Congratulations on the engagement!
I'm a big fan of small beach weddings, however historic homes have such character! Both locations would be so peaceful and beautiful! A concern that I want to mention is the weather. You cannot control whether the sun is shines or if the heavens open up & pour down on your special day. So unless you have a back up plan such as a tent, your mom's suggestion of a historic house may be something to consider. Worrying about the weather is something that may haunt you until the minute you walk down the aisle.
Me personally, I want an outdoor beach wedding, that's always how I've envisioned my wedding day, however there needs to be a back up plan. If you plan accordingly, you'll be fine with whichever location you choose =)

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Congrats on your engagement! It is such an exciting time! FH and I are also planning a small wedding - we both always envisioned the ceremony to be very small and intimate, with only our closest family and friends, so that's what we are trying to accomplish! If your situation ends up being anything like ours, I want to warn you it is waaaaaaaaay easier said than done. Up here in WI, the norm is to have a huge church wedding with a huge reception, and when we decided to go against the grain and try something new, we knew we would end up 'rocking the boat' a bit. But, it's what we want, so we are going through with it! :) If this happens to you and your FH, be strong and remember it's YOUR wedding and you guys are the ones paying for it. Stick to your guns, because you don't want to have any regrets in the long run! ...sorry for the rant, FH and I are just really having issues with our 40 person guest list, and I figured I would warn you! haha...

I agree with the previous poster, too, about the weather having a definite effect on your wedding. We are also having an outdoor wedding at a vineyard, but if it happens to rain, we will have it in the on site pavillion. Maybe you could do something of the like? Have you thought about having it at a hotel or somewhere? You could have your wedding planned for out on the beach, and then if it happens to rain, it can be moved inside. I have to imagine there are those kind of alternatives down in FL, because god knows you aren't the first to want to get married on a FL beach! :) Anyway, I would just do tons of research to find the best option. Everything will be great, I'm sure! BTW, what are your colors? I loooooove beach weddings! Happy planning!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

~Dr. Seuss

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

Thanks girls for your advice! Our colors are pink and green and those will never change, those are my favorite colors!!

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

i am having a very small wedding as well. it is a destination wedding so there will be only about 20 people there including my minister and his wife. as for the bridal party we are just having my sister and my fh's brother stand up with us. I am having a beach wedding in coronado, california. i was origionally planning a huge wedding in the church with every one and there mother invited but there was so much family drama and finance issues that i said fortget it.

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

We are having about 50 people and are kinda mixing destination, beach wedding...its going to be on a boat on Lake Tahoe. We had to make some cuts to the guest list but in the end Im glad that its being kept small (38 of those guest are direct family)

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Ah I love the pink & green color concept! It's great for a beachy wedding.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: May2011beach

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3133 is just $369.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine