Should I tell my boyfriend I know all about his proposal plans?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

txsweetx2009 Posts : 3 Registered: 12/19/09
Should I tell my boyfriend I know all about his proposal plans?
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 11:05 AM

This is more of a way for me to confess my sins...lol. In September we went shopping for rings. I found one that I was in love with and he bought it. This whole time I've known he had the ring and also what it looked like, I even had it on my finger at one time. So, that part was not going to be a surprise. My Birthday was in November and I was sure he was going to propose to me then, and he didn't. I was pretty upset. So, to make a long story short, the day I put the Christmas tree up he came out of the back bedroom with a little box wrapped and put it on the tree (like and ornament)! I thought that was pretty cute and it was obvious what it was. However, I had been wrong in the past and I couldn't bare the thought of having another holiday disappointment, so I did a very naughty thing and opened the present when he wasn't home! OOPS! lol Of course the ring is in there and now I feel really guilty about it. I really should have thought about opening it before I did, but it didn't help that all my friends and even my Mom kept asking me why I hadn't opened it yet! Should I tell him I was bad girl and opened it early, or just not say anything? I figure that one day when we are old and gray I can confess to him and maybe we can laugh about it then. But I'm afraid that if I tell him now he will be upset and it will put a damper on his excitment. I still don't know how he's going to do it, or what sweet words he might say to me, so I guess I don't know everything! Any advice???

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Should I tell my boyfriend I know all about his proposal plans?
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

WHY would you tell him and spoil his fun? I'd go with old and gray if I were you. One other thought: maybe he put it there so you would open it (or at least be teased by it). In that case, keeping quiet would drive him crazy (which is a good thing!!)
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I think I'm with Myra on this. I wouldn't mention it.

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

I wouldn't say anything to him. I would feel guilty for snooping too but like you said, it's so hard not to when you know that he has the ring already!
Let him propose his way & then years down the road, maybe 10+ (haha... but seriously) tell him the story of your snooping trouble :) congratulations!

GingerBride2B Posts : 9 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

Take it to your grave sister!

wishinghopingpr... Posts : 13 Registered: 12/17/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

Keep your lips zipped on this one because next thing you know that "ornament" will gone because his fun was spoiled and he will have to plan a new proposal!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

I agree with everyone else. Keep it zipped! Letting out the secret may appease your guilt, but it will ruin his fun. You've been a bad bride to be and now you have to live with it :)

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

DON'T tell him! You spoiled YOUR surprise, so why spoil his? I think that was stupid of him to put it on the tree! He must really trust you then LOL.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

txsweetx2009 Posts : 3 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

UPDATE!!!

The little box on the Christmas tree couldn't wait till Christmas! We decided to open just one present early this year...next thing we know all the presents were opened except the small box that has been nestled in the branches since the day I put the tree up (over six weeks ago). I knew my ring was in there. I unwrapped the package...for the second time because I was naughty and unwrapped it a few weeks back to see if it really was in there! He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I cried and it was so memorable. I LOVE my antique inspired ring and I can't wait to begin planning! By the way, I did confess that I opened the package early and he seemed to have already suspected it...lol!

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: txsweetx2009

Congrats on your engagement :D now the question is this. Are you ever going to tell him about your dirty secret? ;)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

She did confess - it's in the update. :-)

Madyson31 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/23/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

ha! I knew about my engagement too, but acted surprised. Men are just not that clever!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine