October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,708

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Free, wow, that's great. I have to pay $10 to get into mine! Crazy I know.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I know! The last one I went to cost $8 a person, and I get invites to ones in Indy in the mail all the time, and they usually run $10-15.

I've been meaning to ask you all what you think about this idea, but I keep forgetting! I'm not sure what I want to do for the guestbook. I have seen a lot of really cool ideas. One of my favorites has always been the e-pic sign-in book, but a girl on another forum a frequent had an inappropriate message left right over one of the pictures by her niece, and I can see some embarassing/inappropriate comments happening by certain people in my family. ha ha.

Anyway, I bought this book called The DIY Bride, and in it there was a really cool guestbook that was a time capsule. They had different colored cards for 1, 5, 10, and 25 years, and guests can write what they think the couple will be doing at that point in their life. I thought it was pretty cool and would be better than a book of addresses I'll probably never look at again.

What do you guys think? Do you think having all of the guest addresses will be useful? Any other ideas for different but interesting guest books? I really like the idea of them becoming a keepsake, rather than just a book. My parents guestbook just sits in the photo table with their photo album, which is also rarely taken out.

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

There is a bridal fair here in mid-January. I don't know if it's free or not. I haven't decided if I'm going. I don't really have anything left to book, except the photographer and I have narrowed the list down. I know they have contests and such but I don't have good luck with that. So I don't know why I'd go.

I am looking for different ideas for the guest book as well. I am NOT doing a traditional guestbook. I will never look at that thing! And I don't need the addresses- I just had them when doing the invites. So I'm on the hunt for something kinda fun and different.

Today Eric and I went to Target to hit up their holiday clearance sales. We bought 1000 ft of clear lights, all at 50% off. We have to decorate two big barns, that we are planning to put the lights up in the rafters, up and down the posts, etc. So we need a lot! I love the after-holiday sales.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Jelly I really like your time capsule idea. It's very creative and different! Your guests will be amazed by it. I also don't want just a picture guestbook. I also want something different. Since FH and I like nature and our wedding will be fall themed I came across this while searching in google a while back. What do you think?

It's a tree branch and your guests can write words of wisdom or marriage advice and wishes on colorful tags and hang them on the tree! It's just something cool I came across that is very different and unique. The only problem is WHERE do you put that when you get home? LOL.

I got it from this site:

http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/ProductCluster.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=48&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&ClusterItem=Clust6548&iSubGroupID=1620&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=www.invitationsbydawn.com%2F&FirstTimeThrough=1&format=xx

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

That is so pretty! I love that idea and the colors.

There are no bridal expo's in my area but I wouldn't/couldn't go because I'm not getting married here. =)

So, the honeymoon before wedding idea is off because I'm not 21 or married. After ironing out all the details with Carnival as well as providing my credit card info the woman calls me back and tells me that because I won't be 21 at the time of the cruise and because I'm not married and because my fiance is not older than 25 I could not go on the cruise. So basically to use our 2-for-1 cruise deal we have to wait until I turn 21 in august and by then we are back at school/work and can't afford to take off. Blah...

Back to the drawing board. =)

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

That sucks, Rebecca. I had that issue when I went on the cruise with my then-boyfriend and his family. I was so scared I was going to get to Florida and they'd be like "surprise! You're not 21 and your not family of these people, you can't go!" Then-BF wasn't 25 at the time, but his parents were with us, so I guess that made the difference. It seems like an odd rule, but I guess that's how Carnival keeps a bunch of young kids on spring break from taking cruises and getting wasted in the Carribean? :) I hope something works out for you guys so that you can have the honeymoon you want at the time you can actually go!

I've spent the last few days looking into all-inclusive resorts. So far, I'm pretty sold on Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Not sure how that will work out with our budget, but I figure if it doesn't, we might just rent a condo in Florida or Cali or something and spend a week being vegetables. I swear, all we're going to do on our honeymoon is sit around and read. It'll be the best week ever!

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca I never heard of such a thing about being 21. That sucks big time! I really hope you two find a nice place to go. Are all cruise lines like that? Maybe you can find another cruise line that doesn't have age restrictions.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca, that stinks! I remember that rule when I went on a Carnival cruise. I wasn't 21 yet but my bf was. That was the only reason we got to go on ours. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

that does stink about the crusie, but im sure its cause of the drinking that happens aboard! ha ha

I like the tree with the tags idea too! its super cute, and you can change out the tags for different seasons, or buy those small ornaments for the varying seasons and still use the tree. like the little eggs for easter, ornaments for xmas, etc.

I think I will be making up small cards for people to write on. I am into scrapbooking so people can write a personalized message on a piece of paper the size of a post-it note, and then i can add it to my scrapbook or photo album.

I have been looking into honeymoons as well. We are still really stuck on going to Australia, but we need to find a way to make it happen within our budget. We just had to dish out almost $2,000 over the past 2 weeks to fix our cars. first my fiance's car needed to be fixed, then mine died on the highway over christmas break. ugh! so... thats a whole honeymoon in itself! lol.

so...we just need to get a barebones honeymoon...maybe only do a week in australia, and only one major city instead of the 4 different places we wanted to go. damn money! ha ha.

yeah, january and february are the big months for the bridal shows cause they are getting ready for the spring!

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Are there any other bridal websites/forums you guys frequent? I've been spending a lot of time on projectwedding. Today I looked at over 2000 hair pictures there. Phew!

Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wear a veil. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it here, but I've mostly been dead-set against it since FH and I decided to get married. But I keep seeing the most beautiful pictures of veils and I think it would look nice with my dress and the hairstyles I'm thinking about. What about you guys? Veils? No veils?

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- I'm not wearing a veil because I'm wearing flowers in my hair. Otherwise I would, I like them.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

i have not totally decided on a veil yet either. I think i will wear one, but a very simple, smallish, plain one that will NOT go over my face. I dont like the big poofy ones... and i dont like it over my face. but i am thinking a nice small one so that i look more "bride-like" but where you can still see my hair and the dress detail.

what are you thinking of doing with your hair?

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

I don't want a huge veil over my face either. I want to wear a tiara but also look like a bride (like Toast said). So I'm thinking of maybe getting a veil that goes behind the tiara.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Here are some of my inspiration photos. I just know I want soft curls and that I want to look "natural" and not overly done. I'm not sure a veil would look superb with this first one, but I know it would with the other ones.
originaloriginaloriginaloriginaloriginal

But my hair is fairly short, and I'm not sure it'll get that long before the wedding, even though we're "growing it out." It grows so slowly! My hairdresser told me to take 2 multivitamins a day and it'll grow super fast...we'll see!

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I want my hair similar to the 2nd and 4th pictures! My hair grows fast! I guess that's a good thing. I can't wait until after the wedding so I can cut it. It's really getting on my nerves at the moment!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine