Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 53

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Re: Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

well, I snooped and found my gift. It's a beautiful Diamond Necklace. Not exactly what I was hoping for but gorgeous none the less. So today I'm going to go out shopping and look for a pretty shirt to wear at christmas with a dropped neckline so that when I get it I can put it on right away and it will look fabulous. Earrings last year, necklace this year, and maybe next year we can round out the set with the matching ring!... Until then girls... I'm out.

HopetobeMrsF Posts : 13 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Wow--a diamond necklace! Sounds beautiful! Maybe he'll surprise you with a diamond ring sooner than you think...Valentine's Day is just around the corner :)

My SO gave me a t-shirt and CD for Christmas with no indication of anything else to come. I'm still totally baffled...

missmusicteacher Posts : 1 Registered: 12/9/09
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

This is my first time writing on this forum, or any forum for that matter. But reading all these postings, I just had to respond!

I too am awaiting a proposal. I'm not sure if it will happen during Christmas, but it will be happening sometime between now and the end of February. My boyfriend and I went ring shopping a few weeks ago, just to get a feel of what I like. When we walked into the first store, immediately my eye was drawn to a ring. However, my boy friend really wanted me to look at 3 stone rings, so I moved past it. We saw lots of beautiful rings, and I found one that I really liked ( a 3 stone) but before leaving I wanted to look around a little more. Walking around the counter, I was drawn back to the first ring I had seen. It was so beautiful and I asked to try it on. The second that ring was on my finger, I had a huge smile on the face. The woman helping us said that I started glowing, and that that was a sign that this ring was the one. It was totally different than what we had originally looked at, but it was even better! I told my boy friend that this is the ring I wanted and the woman behind the counter told me to "go look around" while they chatted. I didn't think he was going to buy it right then, but I wasn't sure. A few minutes later he came and found me, and we left. I just looked at him and he said "don't worry, it will be taken care of." Oh my gosh! He told me that he hadn't bought it yet, but a the next day he did! I was starting to worry that someone else was going to buy "my" ring, so after he bought it, he sent me a picture of the bag and diamond warranty certificate telling me I could sleep easy that night. So sweet!

So...I know he has the ring. He gave me a time line of now until the end of February. I also know that he already knows the exact date, and is planning something really special. That's all I can get out of him. He's a steel trap!

He is flying to spend New Year's Eve weekend with me and my family, and he told me that he's going to ask my parents for their "blessing", but who knows...maybe he will pop the question?? If not, I'm going to go crazy with anticipation. Just knowing that he knows the exact day, and I don't know is driving me nuts!

Well, it's made me feel better letting this all out. Good luck to all you other brides-to-be waiting on your proposals. We can make it through the anticipation! Merry Christmas!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: custom essays research-service.com WAS Hopeful for a Xmas Proposal
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: missmusicteacher

Are you kidding me?? How DARE a vendor hijack someone's thread like this?!?!

I've reported the Essays Vendor.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: custom essays research-service.com
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: missmusicteacher

As an English Professor, I find you to be SCUM. However, if your essays are as well worded as your post, they are probably horrific anyway and not worth the money.

Misty

THR Posts : 1 Registered: 12/25/09
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Stay hopeful. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary on the 11th and he proposed last night!

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Dec 26, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: THR

Congrats on the proposal!!

Well, no proposal for me yet, but I figured it wouldn't happen on Christmas. I know he's broke. :( It'll happen soon though, if just because he's sick of me bugging him. hehe
Wedding Countdown Ticker

LadyJ123 Posts : 4 Registered: 12/26/09
Posted: Dec 26, 2009 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

Ladies, I share your disappointment. My SO and I have been together 3.5yrs and not a word has been said about engagement on his part. Just celebrated our 1yr anniversary as homeowners and I've been waiting, waiting, wating for the next step. A couple wks ago, I finally reached a point where I informed him either we get engaged or rethink our relationship. For those who think that might be a tad harsh, there is a history of men remaining single in his family. I want a family, and don't want to waste any more time if he's wishy washy. Granted, he's made passing comments at other weddings we've attened but nothing serious. However, we are getting down to crunch time and it's not like we'll up and get married the next year. I explained a wedding takes careful time, budgeting and consideration, no need to rush; yet, a ring is all the commitment I am asking for at this point. At dinner one night he tried on the ring I was wearing, and I caught him looking at my jewelry box a couple nights ago. I've sent him a couple links to settings I like. With New Years, my birthday and Valentine's Day all in a row (obviously Christmas came and went with no sparkly)...my fingers are crossed that he presents me with a little box in the near future. Good luck to each of you!!

Laikhra Posts : 8 Registered: 10/12/09
Re: Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 5:40 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hi, very interesting proposal.Nice kiss!
Awww ladies I hope you all get your Christmas proposals..........
Visit your wedding website is a very nice wedding website......
---------
Girish
---------

Customer Service--Customer Service

Edited by: Laikhra on Dec 30, 2009 5:40 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine