Any Christmas Proposals?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Any Christmas Proposals?
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 7:02 PM

It happened to me last year and it was wonderful! Any of you ladies get a Christmas proposal this year? I would love to hear your stories :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Aiddie Posts : 7 Registered: 12/27/09
Re: Any Christmas Proposals?
Posted: Dec 27, 2009 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I got engaged yesterday (Christmas). I was so happy I was in tears and I never cry over really happy/good things.

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Aiddie

Congrats!! I love Christmas proposals. When is your wedding date????

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I got engaged christmas morning! He was so nervous. It was sweet. :)

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I got engaged a few days before Christmas, since we were each going to our respective family's Christmas gatherings and wouldnt be together on Christmas eve or day. I'm pretty sure he felt stupid asking me, so I didn't get the "down on one knee with an open ring box" type proposal. He said, "Baby, come sit on the couch, we need to talk". I was thinking...what?!?! WHAT DID I DO!? (lol!). He told me he was going to take me engagement ring shopping that night. And I was like...soooo....did you just propose? The he hugged me and said "baby, will you maaaaaaaaaaaaaarryy me??" Haha. How memorable ;-)

Congratulations to all the other ladies that had Christmas proposals this year!

Aiddie Posts : 7 Registered: 12/27/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 4:16 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

No. Not yet. We really want a summer wedding but it won't be this summer so maybe the next. I know its probably weird being engaged for more than a year but whatever.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Aiddie

Aiddie, it's not weird to be engaged for more than a year. Many girls get engaged for a long time for many reasons, mostly money reasons. I got engaged Christmas 2008 and will get married October 2010. That's almost 2 years, about 22 months! The wait has been killing me lol. But we need to save up the money because we're are paying most of it ourselves and we like the date of 10-10-10 so it's worth the wait ;)

Nicnak Posts : 27 Registered: 12/26/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

My boyrfriend just asked me this Christmas!! It was so cute. I was not expecting at all...I really did not think he was goin' to ask me this Christmas! He handed out presents from under the tree(which I was wonderin' why he was goin' soooo fast!) And he grabbed the last one and said, "Ok one more!" So as I unwrapped it I saw on the box "To: Kim, Love: Bob". (That is his parents names)....so I said "wow regifting?!" Come to find out he put the ring in the same box his dad asked his mom 25 years ago Christmas day! I opened the box and he got on one knee and asked me to marry him! He was so nervous and I yelled "OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? OF course I will!!" hahaha

We are thinkin' of havin' our weddin' in September of 2011. I want to have plenty of time to plan, and our daughter will be 2 by then so she'll be able to walk down the aisle and dance and have fun!

MylesAndShanda Posts : 2 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

I had an awesome Christmas proposal.. I def. was not expecting it! He took me to a Titans game in Nashville.. which I was so excited cuz i love fball and it was my first NFL game.. and we went to look at lights and the Opryland hotel and we were walking around and he was tellin me how much he loved me and stuff and we stopped under a waterfall and he got down on one knee and asked me ... i was speechless and finally blurted out YESS yesss yess!! lol.. it was perfect... We haven't really set a date but it will def be a spring or summer wedding!!

I love my Fiance...Myles & Shandy :)

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: MylesAndShanda

Congrats to all the Christmas proposals. All of your stories are so sweet :)

May2011beach Posts : 21 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I got engaged on Christmas Eve! It was so much us! He proposed in our apartment! The ring was within three boxes, the first one being a huge box. He got on one knee asked him to marry him and laughed, so typical of my fh. So excited! my ring is huge on me, but i have ring guard on it so I can at least wear it for a little bit! haha! Planning for a may 2011 beach wedding!

Anniesouthwick Posts : 1 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Aiddie

My wonderful boyfriend Marc proposed on Christmas Eve!! He had me sit on the couch and bring me a small gift bag and a photo album. He then sat behind me and pulled me in his arms. I looked in the gift bag and there was cute pic of us by the lake and I love you was printed on the bottom of the frame. I then opened the photo album and looked thru all the pics some of them were of us side by side smiling. Some funny ones we had taken at a putt putt golf course. Even a few at the laundrymat with marc trying to see if he can fit in the dryer!! I was laughing a lot!!! At the end of the album there was a piece of paper the said I want to know if I can spend the rest of my life with you by my side!! As soon as I was done reading it he pulled out the ring!! A I could do was say of course I will!!! The tears came on the way to work when I finally let it soak in!!

KyLara Posts : 1 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I'm also newly engaged! He surprised me on Christmas...my heart has never been so full it feels like it's going to burst. I'm still very much in shock and awe...completely on Cloud Nine! I'm thinking of having a New Years Eve wedding next year!

JessicaSheridan Posts : 1 Registered: 12/30/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I did! I had a Christmas Eve proposal. When we got back from dinner he said he had to go outside and use the phone, next thing I know my parents walk in with his sister and he has a dozen white roses and gets down on one knee! I had no clue what was going on.. haha. Now I have something to look forward to and plan. I'm excited.

Jessica Sheridan

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: JessicaSheridan

Wow these are all great!! Congrats everyone!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine