heirloom engagement rings/wedding sets

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 9

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
heirloom engagement rings/wedding sets
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 4:01 PM

I just love my wedding set! It was hand made for my FH's grandmother, and I was curious to know if any one else recieved an heirloom ring. here is a picture of the engagement ring. I don't have one of the wedding band but it has 4 diamonds the same size as the 2 side diamonds on my engagement ring. I would love to here about every one else's heirloom rings and see pictures!

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

theFutureMrsCol... Posts : 7 Registered: 2/24/08
Re: heirloom engagement rings/wedding sets
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

Holy cow! That's is really pretty:) I don't have an heirloom ring, but I like yours!
That is really cool. Congrats!

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: FmF

oh my! that ring is goooorgoeous!!! lol. congratulations. :)

Myspace Countdowns, Engagement Countdowns at WishAFriend.com

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

Beautiful ring FmF! Congratulations!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

The center stone of my ering is from my grandmothers wedding ring. The story behind her wedding ring goes something like this: My grandmothers sister was a "domestic" (maid) during the 1920's and worked for a wealthy family, well the guy that she worked for gave her a "ring" as a token of his appreciation. My great-aunt (grandmothers sister) gave the ring to my grandfather to give to my grandmother years after they were married.....You see, when my grandparents were married, they had no money (and no rings until years later).

When my grandmother died, I inherited her wedding ring & always wore it on my right hand. Well when DH & I started looking at rings....well needless to say we were sticker shocked! So then we starting looking at settings & we decided that we used the stone from grandmothers rings. I find a few settings that I liked & told DH to do the rest (I wanted to be surprised). Well, he got me the seting that I fell in love with (which happened to be discontinued and got my setting & wedding band for less than $500).

My grandmother was my fathers mother.......

Now the church that we got married at was my mothers family church. My great grandfather did work on the church when it was built. My grandparents, parents & 2 sisters were married at the church. Also, my grandmother and some of her sisters were burried from the same church.

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

i appreciate your story. i think heirloom pieces have so much meaning and are so precious.

to every one else, thank you so much. my ring is so special to me

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

FmF - love your ring!

I inherited my maternal grandma's wedding ring set. We didn't use that for my engagement ring or wedding ring, but it was in a safety deposit box till I got engaged, and then I got it cleaned up and wore it for the first time on my wedding day on my right hand in her memory. I also had a thin gold ring made to wear with the set just because it looked nice:

IMG_0345.jpg picture by kdavidson13

You can't tell from the pic, but the bands are yellow gold and the setting portion is platinum. The wedding band has 4 or 5 tiny diamonds set in it. The setting for the engagement ring is in a sort of Art Deco style from the side and I don't have a better pic of it right now, but it's very cool!

preview image

dickerson2be Posts : 19 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Happy, your grandmother's ring looks similar to my ring, which was my FH's grandmothers:

Image preview

Lindsey

The future Mrs. Dickerson

cranbry Posts : 1 Registered: 4/14/10
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 4:00 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

That is a great story about your grandmother. I think it's great to hear when people use family heirloom jewelry for their wedding rings, even with a new setting which will make it all your own style but keeping the sentimental value. My older sister inherited our grandmother's ring, and it looked beautiful on her. I don't think there are any left from my side of the family, unfortunately. But the upside is I will get to be surprised. I feel like I'm good at hinting at what I like, and my fh has a good sense of style so I know he will pick something beautiful for me

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine