My little rant

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

coleapril87 Posts : 24 Registered: 11/11/09
My little rant
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Ok, now I'm not a bitch or anything, well not usually, but I can't stand all the little ignorant girls on this site. I love this site and the people on it, but I'm tired of reading about these girls that are to dumb to say "stop and put on a condom" sure, I understand some people don't have insurance so they can't go to the doctor. I don't have insurance and I'm getting married but I still tell my fh to put a condom on. Yes, I understand being caught up in the moment, but unless you want to deal with that moment for the next 18 years I think it pays to take a moment to be smart. I have nothing against getting pregnant or having kids I think its a great thing, but for every girl that gets on here with her pregnancy scare, and shows just how little she knows about her own body and birth control I lose my faith in humanity. I mean really, seriously, ladies if you can get on this site you can look into birth control. Go down to your local health department and get on the pill, you don't want to do that then get a condom, or look into the other many contraceptives. I honestly feel if you get on here with your pregnancy scare looking for the ladies on here to make you feel better because you just couldn't be bothered to tell fh to wrap it up then it shows your not ready to get married, even more than that if your fh doesn't want to be a dad or his family or your family would be disapointed then that should be a major thought when your about to have sex. I hope no one thinks bad about me for this I just really think that maybe people should be a little smarter. I've had my own little scare before because yes, I was a dummy, but I learned my lesson and have never repeated that mistake. For anyone who reads this I'm sorry to go off on my little rant, and for all the spelling and gramatical mistakes, I just had to speak my mind. Edited by: coleapril87 on Dec 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Edited by: coleapril87 on Dec 25, 2009 5:25 PM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: My little rant
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

Two enthusiatic thumbs UP!

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Agreed!
wedding tickers

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

Totally agree with you.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

dickerson2be Posts : 19 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

Yeah I totally agree! I'm so glad someone said it!

Lindsey

The future Mrs. Dickerson

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

where's my "like" button!!?

Misty

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

Ladies,

"We can't do this, he won't do that, his parents will freak out, my parents will disown me, my religion won't let me do that, bla bla bla"

But, they still have to have sex. Guess what. Unprotected penetrative heterosexual sex can result in the conception of a baby. That's a basic fact of life.

If you can't bring yourself to getting safe, effective, reliable birth control and an unplanned pregnancy would have devestating consequences, and various of parents would freak out, then DON'T HAVE HETEROSEXUAL PENETRATIVE SEX.

I don't care if he thinks it's his God-given right to have unprotected penetrative sex with his girlfriend any time he likes. Tell him "no".

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: coleapril87

HOLLER!!

All things MOST of us learned in the 6th grade "Growing Up Program".

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ - You and I did as we're both from NJ BUT a lot of states don't teach it, teach it later/wrong and then parents can sign their kids out of it. rolls eyes

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

AGREED! And the lack of insurance or money is not an excuse. Many states have free or nearly free family planning services. I went to Planned Parenthood and put myself on birth control when I was 16. If there isn't one near you, just think about the small price a condom is compared to the hundreds of thousands of dollars that will be spent if you got pregnant. There are absolutely no excuses.

Great post/rant!

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: SoontobeMrsGlover

I was about to say that! I went to Planned Parenthood and got a year's worth of Birth Control for about $20! (when I couldn't afford healthcare) $20 for birthcontrol.....or the insane costs of having and raising a baby....hrmmmm...

Oh and to add to your rant....the new people on this site are getting dumber and dumber! Please do not reproduce....America is dumb enough as it is.

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Edited by: DoesntPlayNice on Dec 31, 2009 8:34 AM

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

But, they still have to have sex.

You took the words right out of my mouth. My favorites are the ones who are so religious that they think birth control is a sin and causes abortions or something...but apparentely they're not above the whole premarital sex sin.

To the OP, I hear you...HOWEVER, I would rather take ten minutes out of my day every so often to explain things to these young (and some not-so-young) women than have them continue in ignorance. I've learned from this site that sex education in this country is apallingly bad. That's another rant in itself, and I'm not going to get started on it now because I'd never shut up. In any case, these women are the product of that system, which is sad. Still, if even a few naive girls come on here, get some advice, take it to heart, and educate themselves properly, it's worth ten minutes out of my day every so often to explain things that they should have learned in 7th grade.

Still, I hear you. I can only take so much of it as well, which is why I avoid this section of the boards when I'm in a combative mood. And I NEVER open the 'I'm a virgin and need advice' threads. If a girl has a BC question or a pregnancy scare, I'll help her out - but I'm not interested in repeating 'take it slow, use lots of lube, don't expect fireworks the first time' over and over. Plus, they never like my advice, which is 'JUST DO IT!'

Incidentally, I always wonder what brings some of these girls here. You know the ones who post a pregnancy scare on their very first post? What brings them to brides.com - of all places - to ask a pregnancy question? Personally, if I was googling pregnancy symptoms and had a question, I'd probably end up asking on a pregnancy forum, not a wedding forum...but perhaps I'm just smarter than the average bear.

I promised myself I wouldn't get going on this topic, but I really can't help it. Just a short rant. I absolutely cannot stand it when women come on here, explain when they had sex and how they think they're preggo, list a bunch of symptoms, and then tell us that they haven't taken a pregnancy test. Isn't that square one? You think you might be pregnant, take a test and find out! Easy answer! I understand the questions and listing of symptoms if you already tested negative and still think you're pregnant (still, there's an easy answer to that one, too: take another test or see your doctor), but I totally don't get it when people ask, 'Do you think I might be pregnant?' rather than taking steps to find out. This isn't rocket science, ladies: it's peeing on a stick. Might be awkward to accomplish, but it's not hard to figure out that you have to.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art - I also think the OP is referring to the ones who get on here scared to death but then REFUSES and SHOOTS down EVERY suggestion of BC. And I get what the OP is saying with that.

It's the whole, I got on here to hear what I wanted to hear. Frustrating.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine