Got my dream proposal in Disney World!

Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

WishComeTrue Posts : 8 Registered: 9/9/08
Got my dream proposal in Disney World!
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 2:13 AM

I was so excited I just had to share. My fiance' had worked out things with my mom before we left for our trip to Disney World a few weeks ago. We went to breakfast and when we got out two ladies met us right outside. They said they needed two volunteers to become the next royal couple. My uncle pushed me and my boyfriend forward without even being in on the proposal. Then we went on a sort of scavenger hunt that had us spreading rose petals in Belle's garden to blowing bubbles in the Snow White ride at the evil queen and then spreading bubbles in the rose garden for Tinker Bell. Then we were lead to the wishing well by Cinderella's castle and I got to choose one of three envelopes for my prize. When I opened it it said you have won my heart will you marry me. My boyfriend got down on one knee and we both started crying. Having the proposal set up through a company we got a photographer, unknown to me the whole time, to take pictures of everything that happened. We had picked out the ring together back in March but the whole proposal was a surprise. I was so excited about the whole thing I had to share. The only thing that I am worried about is that my fiance's parents aren't too excited about the whole thing. They don't act at all happy like they did with their older daughter's engagement/wedding. I don't know if it's because they were happier for their daughter and don't care as much with their son or if they just don't thinkg the whole thing is good for their son. That's the only concerning thing for me right now.

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: Got my dream proposal in Disney World!
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: WishComeTrue

Congratulations! Your FH did such a great job with the entire proposal, wow!
Don't let anyone rain on your parade, even your FILs. They may just be consumed with Christmas celebrations & the stress that the holidays can bring but truly happy for the two of you deep down. Either way, you're FH is obviously very happy & so is your family. Enjoy the moment & continue celebrating! Happy holidays & congratulations!

WishComeTrue Posts : 8 Registered: 9/9/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Thank you jerseygirl I'm going to try and keep positive and focus on the fact that I just got engaged and not let anyone ruin it. Thanks again

1stKiss4Him Posts : 32 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: WishComeTrue

Congrats....:)

Future Mrs K.

Part of a poem I wrote called Eternity

When separation deprivation sinks in
When the route to happiness is an eternity away
I dream of you and eternity is within my reach
Not knowing where you be next
Praying that God knows best
Whispering "I love you" to the sky
Hoping you’ll hear these words and know why
I'm part a part of you, always and for all time
Search your heart like I do when I'm away from you
My breath coincides with the rhythm of yours
So breathe and let my image fade within your heart
And for eternity where ever we go
We'll never be alone

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: WishComeTrue

How nice! Congrats!! I wouldn't worry about his family not being excited. The same thing happened to me. His family seemed more excited for his older brother's wedding but I think that was because their wedding date was fast and it happened sooner. Whereas for us we have a longer enagement: almost 2 years.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

darylicel Posts : 28 Registered: 11/23/09
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: WishComeTrue

wow! that was such a big surprised! fairytales do come true huh? anyway, i wouldn't mind that his parents aren't so excited if i were you, as long as you both are happy then that's all that matters. don't worry, parents are sometimes like that and that's very common. they will be happy soon as time passes by. maybe they are still in the state of shock as for the moment but everthing will be okay soon. CONGRATULATIONS and BEST OF LUCK!!!
Wedding venue in Berkshire Country House Weddings

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: WishComeTrue

I also want to have a tour in Disney in HK.Disney is a dreamatic world for all girls and children.love it!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine