Venting

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Venting
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 11:29 AM

A place for us to vent our frustrations/worries/whatever. No reply is NEEDED, but feel free to give one if you want. Complain here as much as you want.

My vent:

My boyfriend says he wants to propose but he's SO broke. I know he's frustrated and I am too. I don't want an expensive ring and I can't help but think that there's some way he could could come up with the $60 or so the ring I want costs. This makes me think that maybe he doesn't want to propose, even though he's said he does a billion times. sigh
Wedding Countdown Ticker

GingerBride2B Posts : 9 Registered: 12/8/09
Re: Venting
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

Be patient. He may be saying that to throw you off. Give it a few months and then bring it up again if nothing has happened. Does he know you want something simple? Maybe you could go look together to see what he can really afford. He could make pmts. If he's not ready, that's another issue and hopefully he'll be honest with you.

wishinghopingpr... Posts : 13 Registered: 12/17/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

Of course I can't tell you whether he actually wants to or not and my story isn't exactly the same, but I totally get how you feel.

Mine has cited finances as a reason to wait to get engaged. One time he flat-out said that he could not afford a ring right now. I would be perfectly fine with this reason EXCEPT...he is constantly blowing money on things he does not need. Examples: He spent nearly $1000 on pipes for his motorcycle, just to make it louder; he just dropped over $200 on a surround sound system to go in his "man cave."

So my thoughts are if you're not ready then you're not ready, but don't tell me that you're not ready because of such-and-such reason and then turn around and contradict that reason...That, to me, does not say you're not ready, it says that you don't want to.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: wishinghopingpr...

Vent...
I'm frustrated with myself because i got my hopes up.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 22, 2012 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

To believe that the emotion between you, do not let the little things affect mood, and consider much more for each other!

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 22, 2012 2:21 AM Go to message in response to: GingerBride2B

Maybe,you are not rich at this time,but I think he will buy you a nice wedding ring someday if he still love you! So, just believe him!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine