Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 53

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Re: Hopefull for a Christmas Proposal?
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I too am hoping for a Holiday proposal. Allthough Im pretty sure he is going to do it, we have been talking about it and he already has the ring, so Im just crossing my fingers that he doesnt chicken out ;)

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: MegsandJ

My SO wanted me to invite my parents out with us this weekend when we go to Heritage Park. I'm hoping that he will ask my dad then. I'll have to be sure to give them some alone time = )

HopetobeMrsF Posts : 13 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

So out of curiosity, just how long does it take to order in a ring? I really know nothing about it, but am sure he's picking out something simple--nothing fancy or custom designed. Just a solitaire is my guess :)

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

It really depends on where you shop. Some places have all different sizes in their vault and you can have them right away. SOme places you will have to get sized if you wear a half size like 5.5 or whatever and that can take a couple weeks. The store that my SO shops at they have just fake jewels on display, you pick the one and the size and the quality of diamond that you want and they make it for you and takes about 5-6 weeks. Custom designed jewelery can be months depending on the store and the wait list.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

9 Days and counting! Friday is my SO's staff Christmas party (held at our house this year) and Saturday we are going out with my parents, And I have been told by my SO that Sunday we are going to do NOTHING and not to make any plans...

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

8 more days! He is out shopping for my christmas present right now.... OH I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I was at the mall doing some shopping myself tonight, and just for kicks walked through one of the jewelry stores to look at the rings. Talk about sparkly!!! There was one couple in there that was cute. The guy was pretending to look at watches, and his girlfriend was just giddy at being in a jewelry store with him. She was so cute--tried VERY hard not to look at the diamond ring counter behind them, but as I was leaving I heard the guy say, "Well, while we're here, would you like to try on a ring or two?"

My boyfriend is apparently making the whole ring thing a surprise. He knows my ring size and knows what I like, and he's wanting to put the whole thing together. LOL--I can't wait to see what he picks out---whether it's over the holiday season or the upcoming months.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Aww that is cute. I love people watching when I'm at the mall.

Well it's now 7 days till Christmas and my SO told me last night that he went a bit over our $500 budget but not to get my hopes up cause it's nothing too big and it's not a ring. He said that dosn't come until later... whatever that's supposed to mean.

Sorry, I guess I'm wasting my time here girls.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Perhaps he's trying to "trick you" into thinking there won't be a ring when he's really going to surprise you with one! Or, maybe he's planning it for New Years--that's a great proposal time, too :)

The more I think about it, the more I think my own boyfriend is going to propose in the spring. It would be nice for Christmas, but I really think he's just in the beginning stages of looking/purchasing.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Ya I'm not going to keep kidding myself. I think he is being honest. Andy NYE is my best friends birthday so i don't think he would do it then. She already gets upset that she has to share her birthday party with the rest of the world.

1stKiss4Him Posts : 32 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

7 days left woo hoo!! I'm trying to stay positive through my wait, praying really HARD that it is sometime next week. I don't want to hear anything negative..lol. Trying to keep at positive and hopeful as possible. I already know what my ring looks like, knew since july.. I just want to able able to wear it...xD Keeping my fingers crossed for myself and you ladies!!

Future Mrs K.

Part of a poem I wrote called Eternity

When separation deprivation sinks in
When the route to happiness is an eternity away
I dream of you and eternity is within my reach
Not knowing where you be next
Praying that God knows best
Whispering "I love you" to the sky
Hoping you’ll hear these words and know why
I'm part a part of you, always and for all time
Search your heart like I do when I'm away from you
My breath coincides with the rhythm of yours
So breathe and let my image fade within your heart
And for eternity where ever we go
We'll never be alone

smoof Posts : 2 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

It really is hard to think that this is finally "it" and feel so stupid for getting your hopes up. I am in the same boat. I have never bugged my boyfriend in anyway about marriage/engagement. I figured I would let it happen whenever it happens. Now I need to practice what I preach but it is so hard when he is telling you all these things that ONLY point to a ring. It is driving me crazy. Not because I desperately need to be engaged, our relationship is great regardless. But the fact that he is telling me things that sound like it and the fear of my disappointment is what is bothering me. I keep telling myself not to be hopeful but I feel he is the one who put this thought into my head now and I wish it would just go away so if it did happen I would be surprised and if not, I have no reason to be disappointed!

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Okay, no Christmas proposal this year :(

My SO and I just had our gift exchange before going home to our respective families tomorrow. I'll be joining him with his family next week to celebrate New Year's, but won't see him until the 29th.

I'm really baffled though--usually he spoils me rotten at holidays/birthdays. Always goes beyond what I would ever dream he should do for gifts. This year, he gave me a t-shirt and cd from my favorite band, and a little stool for my kitchen. All VERY sweet gifts, but nothing like what he usually does. So I'm feeling a bit confused about what happened. We're on the east coast and got pummeled by the winter storm here, so were snowed in together from Friday night through tonight. He did mumble something about having to cancel his appointment at a jewelry store thanks to the snow....so not sure what all is going on.

Feeling sad because he's left, and no proposal. ;(

smoof Posts : 2 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

It sounds like he is planning on proposing relatively soon though if he mentioned a jewelry appointment out in the open in front of you. I wouldn't be too down because at least you know he has something planned and it obviously sounds like you perhaps did not get that much as usual because his money was spent elsewhere (the ring). You should be happy that you have a pretty good confirmation that a proposal is in the near future.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: smoof

Smoof--I feel the same as you :)

My SO started all the ring talk, too. He asked about sizes, tried on my current rings, asked my preferences in stone cut, setting, and prong numbers. This all started around the beginning of November, and REALLY picked up in the beginning of December. So, I figured he'd be doing something for Christmas. But then our Christmas came and went with no proposal, and I feel stupid for being hopeful. But then he drops yet ANOTHER hint about the jewelry store appointment being cancelled the day of our Christmas gift exchange. So I don't know what to think anymore. For all I know, he may just be in the looking stages. But if so, what's up with the gift situation?

Anyway, I didn't realize one needed an "appointment" at a jewelry store. Has anyone ever heard of this?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine