just another bra question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
just another bra question
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 4:45 PM

So, I am a 34 B but occasionaly a C fits perfectly depends on the bra. My wedding dress is soft and flowy so there is no support in the dress. it is al halter top with a low inset, so i am wanting a push up bra (it does not look quite right with a regular strapless. My problen is that the dress is a low v shape in the back instead of the standard straight accross, and so my bra closure would be showing i found this online at victoria secret.com here is the link with the details :
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EG-239919

has any one used this bra before? will it acutally stay up and do its job? does any one have any
alternatives?

HELP

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

Edited by: FmF on Dec 16, 2009 4:45 PM

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Re: just another bra question
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

I've had numerous bras of this type. My first recommendation is do not pay $68 for it, you can get one for WAY cheaper! Especially now that they are so common. I think they are nice because you can play with the amount of push up that you want by positioning it in different ways. However I must say, the sticky isn't as strong when you start sweating. If you are going to be doing heavy dancing or anything in which you would be hot and sweaty, it will possibly slide off.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

While I have not used the Victoria's Secret before, I have tried a bra like this, and it was crap. Even in the picture, it is not giving that model support...it's just covering the boobs. If you're looking for push up action, these stick ons are not going to cut it (not for a B/C.)

Misty

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I wore a dress with a see-through back and no boob support, and the disposable Braza stick-on bra worked pretty well for me. It gave me enough lift that my chest looked better in the dress, and it stayed on through 5-plus hours that included dancing. It wasn't push-up, but it's a small investment ($8) and it should be easy to find--I got a pack at David's Bridal and later saw it at a small neighborhood lingerie shop. Here's a URL:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EG-239919

Here's another URL to a page on David's Bridal that has a bunch of different Braza bras, including one that's push-up. I just can't vouch personally for any of them except the one I tried, obviously:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&categoryId=-49976931¤tPage=0&subCategory=-49998493%7C-49976992%7C-49976962%7C-49976931&pageSize=12&cm_mmc=Google+DBI-_-S-Bridal_Accessories_S-Lingerie_Brand_Braza-_-Broad-_-braza+bras%7C-%7C100000000000000006997&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000006997-_-3704249740&gclid=CKaPi5Cf3J4CFRgbawodFixBJQ

preview image

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

HerRoom.com has a great selection of just about anything you want. You don't need a strapless with a halter neckline. You can get a low cut (front), halter or convertible style with a low back (usually these are long-line bras, but not always). Look under wedding lingerie, bustiers, etc. to find what you want. And DO take whatever you buy to try on with your dress when you go for fittings. Have your alterations person build in something to hold the back of the dress against the back of the bra so the bradoes not ride up.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

pitdigger Posts : 37 Registered: 10/31/09
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

As a generous C-cup, I'm going to second (or whatever ordinal we're at) the support issue. I don't think a stick-on will give you what you want. I did some poking around on Victoria's Secret and found the "100-way Bra" which might be more suitable. It's not a push-up, but it does give a little lift and it has those extenders for low-to-no back styles. Admittedly, I've never used one, let alone tried it on, but it's $18 cheaper and maybe worth a look.

Here's the URL:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EG-216999&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSTPZZZ&rfnbr=5315

Sorry if this is a repeat.

~Jillian

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

I have not tried that type, but my bra was sewn into my dress. It fit perfect and gave me the support I needed.

www.icestandard.org

bridetobe000 Posts : 29 Registered: 12/24/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

what does your dress look like? do you have a picture-front and back?

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

thanks for your help every one i guess the best thing to do would be to get off my butt and go try some stuff on :)

i appreciate all of your suggestions

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: bridetobe000

i'll try to get a picture up soon

Future Mrs. Fransen

--Unknown

bridetobe000 Posts : 29 Registered: 12/24/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

do you have pictures yet?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine