MTV Jersey Shore

Online Users: 1,256 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
MTV Jersey Shore
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 9:04 AM

Helo Ladies!
I have been addicted to watching MTVs Jersey Shore lately. I'm originally from North Jersey & have been around individuals who resemble the people on the show yet also know a lot of people who live in Jersey but are nothing like them. My girlfriends and I have been talking about the show the past two weeks and they love it!
I am curious, what does everyone else think about Jersey Shore?

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: MTV Jersey Shore
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Well I HEART it. But not b.c I like it, it's b/c it's such a train wreck. I too have seen people like that around when I go out, so they are real people. I think anyone who is up in arms about it needs to chill. THEY are the ones looking stupid! There are some NJ-ers out there who really hate it.

Jersey-where are you from?

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I am addicted to it myself. It's like a car accident - you don't want to look but part of you has to. I didn't see last night's episode yet though.

I know a lot of people don't like it because it gives Jersey/Italians a "bad name", but I don't feel that way. I think its a prime example of how not to behave.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Im Italian, and I dont give a crap AT ALL about the whole "it gives Italians a bad name" stuff. They used to say that all the time about The Sopranos too, and I didnt care then either. It was a brilliant show, and the truth is, a lot of Italians ARE exactly as they were portrayed on that show. Are all Italians mobsters? Ummm, no, of course not. But if you arent aware that there is a giant mob-lifestyle run by Italians in New Jersey by now, youve been living under a rock. Hell, a lot of my own family from way back when were EXACTLY like Tony Soprano and PaulieWalnuts. My mom used to watch the show because it reminded her of her late Uncles and her dad; because it was so real and true to who they were.

So, I dont buy all that "Im offended" crap. To me, I just think Jersey Shore is a horrific show. Its purely awful, and I literally cannot watch those cast of douchebags for more than 2 minutes without feeling the need to throw up. I already have to see a-holes at my gym that are EXACTLY like that tool who calls his abs "The Situation"; I dont really have any desire to see more of them on television. I can see that for some its funny because its a trainwreck, and I get that. But for me, I cant even view it as that. I get too pissed off. Im a struggling comedian and actor, so it pisses me off when talentless idiots and morons are all over my TV getting fame and attention for literally doing nothing. People like this, and on other similar reality shows that have no point, are taking away work from talented people who have worked for YEARS to get into this business. So, I cant and wont support it for that reason. I just think it sucks and to me, its not the least bit entertaining.

The way that Im "offended" by these losers reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry's dentist converts to Judiasm just so he can tell Jewish jokes without feeling like a hypocrite. Jerry is asked about this by George:

George: So youre offended as a Jew?

Jerry: No, Im offended as a comedian!

Exactly!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I haven't seen it but I think people need to get over themselves. I don't think that everyone in Atlanta is like the Atlanta Housewives.

And I'm from NJ - and I'm not from the Shore or the North - so people think I'm weird NJ.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ- I'm from Caldwel, NJ (North Jersey/ Essex County) but left the area for college. All of my family is back there & it's great to visit but I just got used to the southern ways & haven't looked back.
I think it's terrible the way people are making such a fuss about the show. It's just another reality show, what's the big deal? And I'd have to agree with PPs, it's like a train wreck! Ah the good ol days of spending MemDayWeekend at the Jersey Shore! I can't wait for next Thursday night, hahaha.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 8:51 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Jersey-I grew up about 25-30 mins from Caldwell in Middlesex County. Eh, maybe farther in traffic. I live technically in the dirty south of NJ now, but I still consider it Central in my mind.

Anyway, I agree w/ what Kelly said about the Sopranos. While I am Italian, I don't have any family members like that, however my BIL's family is quite like that and gossip is, his family IS connected. Anyway, as an Italian myself, I think those people are just making fools of themselves as people...not Italians! And it's entertaining.... it makes me feel better about my own life!!

I cant wait to see Snickers get punched in the face. I think thats this week's episode!!

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

YES! Snickers gets punched in the face at a bar this week!
It looks like she was just running her mouth at some guy who didn't wanna hear it, so he punched her. The previews show him getting cuffed but I'm sure he got beat up pretty bad by the onlookers at the bar. No one hits a girl, even if she is obnoxious, and gets away with it.
My guys from NJ would still have my back if I called them up and told them that some guy punched me in the face! They'd be in Virginia in a heartbeat. That's one of the many perks of Italian men, they're mothers raised them to respect women.

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I watched one episode just to see what the ruckus was all about and I am totally hooked on that show. I understand it's a reality show and they probably exaggerate parts of it...but it sure is entertaining.

Married 9.20.08

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I'm married to an Italian, spent lots of time with his NY and NJ family. No one ever acts like a crazy scumbag. (MIL is a sep issue.) I think the show is just as made up as The Hills, The City, Real World, Road Rules, the Kardashian (sp?) crew, and even Bridezillas (who have posted on here as normal people). They get paid to make fools of themselves. There are ass clowns in every location and corner of this country.

Per TMZ or ET (can't remember who), they won't show the punch on the show, but use it as a training tool whatever that means. A quick google search will bring you to the video. I've seen it. I would have punched her in the face as well, stupid classless POS.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

LOL Mush! I know they aren't showing the punch now! It's so stupid because we have all seen it by now. Oh well. I am not sure i would have wasted my time punching her fat little tan ass.

I seirously cannot wait for 10 pm tonight. Guilty pleasure, here I come!!

If anything the show makes you feel better about your own life!

RachelMartino83 Posts : 3 Registered: 12/23/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

OMG this show is awesome! I love it. I was watching it last week, and I saw a girl that I went to high school with on it! How cool is that?

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: RachelMartino83

I just got into work, sat down at my desk, haven't even checked my e-mail yet because I have got to vent about Sammie 'Sweetheart', hahaha.
Is it just me or is Sammie a whiney complaining child? I have to agree with the other castmates, Ronnie is putting up with a lot of BS from Sam. Last night I watched the episode where Ronnie got into a fight on the boardwalk. Basically this guy was starting trouble with the guys in the house at the bar. Ronnie & Sam left early as usual but the guy from the bar & his girlfriend followed them out. On the boardwalk the guy was harassing Sam & Ronnie by yelling obscenities, eventually Sam pushed homedude over the edge & Ronnie & the guy started fighting. It got pretty bad.
I'm annoyed with the way Sam was being so bitchy & whiney after Ronnie had just gotten in the fight. It's always about her. I think she is extremely selfish & currently in my 'annoying' category of reality stars.
Opinions?

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I never watch MTV shows, but reading this thread got me so curious that i decided to check it out. At first I thought it was really stupid and turned it off. The next day there was nothing else on and I really needed mindless entertainment. So I gave it another go. Now I'm hooked. I did not see last nights yet but MTV will rerun it 800 times so I am sure I will catch it. Thanks for helping me find my trashy show for the season!

wedding tickers

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Sam needs to get the f*ck over herself. She is a spoiled, over sensitive, cry baby asshat. Oh poor you. Ronnie made fun of your toe. Big FRIKKIN deal. My DH teases me about my short stubby toes all the time. You know what? They are TOES. Get over it. She caused the fight and then went off on him about how unnecessary it was. Ronnie was trying to avoid it and even tried to get the guy to lay off Sammi.

Something annoying me about those show. In next week's preview, JWOW punched Mike in the mouth. Why hasn't MTV taken that seen out? Isn't that condoning violence too? If you can't show a guy hitting a girl, don't show a girl hitting a guy either. It's a double standard and its BS.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine