HE TOTALLY SURPRISED ME!!!

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

calmandhappybride Posts : 9 Registered: 6/4/09
HE TOTALLY SURPRISED ME!!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 10:55 PM

My fiance and i have known each other all of our lives thru church and became couple 2 years ago. I am so happy to be joining the club!

The story:

On Monday, 11/30, my mother told me that she was going to take the kids Christmas shopping, because they wanted to buy me and James gifts this year. My girlfriend Jasmine has been having issues at work. She called me stressed on Monday and asked if I would go out to dinner with her to talk and relieve some stress. I told her Wednesday would be perfect because my mom was taking the kids Christmas shopping on Wednesday.

After waiting about an hour for her to come get me, we arrived at Olive Garden around 7:30. We walked in and Jasmine told the host that she had a 7:30 reservation. We waited for the host to go check on our table. She came back and told us that our table was ready. Jasmine and I followed her to a room in the back of the restaurant, and when we walked in the room, everyone yelled "SURPRISE!!!!!" I was super shocked! My parents were there, James' mom and sister, my brother and sister and my nephews and nieces, along with our children.

I dropped my purse and started crying. The kids came out of the corner holding a huge poster James made with pictures of us and him and the kids in the middle. One end said "Shaunnie will you marry me?", while the other end said "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. Proverbs 18:22". The tears were pouring from everyone at this point, including the waitresses who were watching! Our first date was at the same Olive Garden.

James proceeded to grab my hands and tell me how much he loves me; how much he loves our kids; how much he loves my spirit. He told me how the past two years of his life have been 2 of his best years and how he thanks God for me everyday. In front of both of our families, he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!

After hugs and kisses were shared by everyone, dinner was served!

I am so in love with the ring! It's 3 carats and has a band of diamonds with a three-stone bridge across the top. He did such a good job picking it out!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: HE TOTALLY SURPRISED ME!!!
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: calmandhappybride

Wow what a beautiful story. I love that the kids were involved. That is so sweet.
Ive been on this site for over 3 years, planned my wedding here with the help of lots of girls here, and recently became a wedding planner myself. You will love it here, the women are so helpful.

I am in Northern Jersey too. Any idea where you might get married?

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thank you!! I don't have a church yet, but the reception will be at the Rockleigh Country Club in Rockleigh, NJ.

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: calmandhappybride

Aw what a great proposal! This makes the holidays that much better this year! Congratulations!

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Thanks jerseygirlVA!!! It definitley does make the holidays that much more special.

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: calmandhappybride

Wow that was awesome. You must have been so surprised. The ring is so beautiful. You are truly blessed and so is your family. It's hard to find a man that is that caring. Good luck and may you have many happy years together.

www.icestandard.org

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: ICEStandard

Thank you!! He is a very special man and I am definitely blessed. Now to start planning. I feel like I have so much to do!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine