Bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 8:44 AM

I was orginally going to have red bm dresses and have them wear black shoes. After long thought about what all the girls looked like and their body types and a having a bm try on some dresses for me, we decided to go with a black tea legnth dresses. Now I don't know what I should do for the dresses.

My wedding colors are red, black, silvers

Should they wear black, red, or silver shoes with their dress?

I would also like to add red to them somewhere, but if it's not with the shoes, I am wondering how else I could add red without making it look tacky.

Ebby102310 Posts : 57 Registered: 2/3/09
Re: Bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

I think that you can get away with any of those colors for shoes, like in a dyeable so that they can be dyed the color you want, or you can get shoe jewels which are like clip on broaches that have the colos you want.

You can also get a plain black shoes and decorate it with a design using crystals or shoe jewels that you can pick up at Hobby Lobby, Pat catans, or even shoe places.

Another idea is maybe give them bracelets or jewelry in silver, black and red.

Hope that helps.

After the wedding comes the real funSmile

wedding tickers

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Ebby102310

I think silver shoes (and jewelry) would look great and very elegant if thats what you're going for but red would defenitely make a big statement that Im sure people would comment on! :) But dont forget about their bouquets - you can add any color in to that that you want so you dont have to worry about somehow putting all 3 colors ON them you know what I mean? Im sure your wedding will be beautiful no matter what you do though because I love those colors together :)

Shoesiesluvr Posts : 43 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

i agree with what was said, any of the 3 colors would look great with the black dresses. You can totally do red or silver strappy sandals or even black sandals/pumps. And if you forego the red shoes and still want to incorporate the color you can probably add a sash to the dresses or even make the ribbon on their bouquets be red. Hope I was able to help =)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Any color you've got would probably work. I went with silver shoes, their choice and heel height for steel blue dresses. It worked great! Good luck!

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I agree with the other posters. Silver accessories would look pretty with black dresses. You could do a pretty red flower in their hair or even red bouquets. That would look pretty.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Thanks for the advice. I think I like the idea of the sivler shoe since they do have a silver broach on their dress. I also like the idea of putting a red flower in their hair or adding red to the flower boquet.

Garden10Wedding Posts : 4 Registered: 9/23/09
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Black dresses are too serious for weddings!

michelspa Posts : 30 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

I was at a wedding where the girls wore short black dresses and red shoes, and all you noticed was the red shoes. Remember, a little red goes a long way. Silver shoes would have been much better, with a little red in their bouquets or I like the idea of having their nails red.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Garden10Wedding

Please ignore Moeshas comment. The idea that black is too "serious" for a wedding went out looooong ago. Black is a beautiful color and many people, including myself, use it for their weddings. I had a holiday themed wedding, and my MOH wore black. Believe me, she didnt look "serious", she looked festive and happy. Black is complimentary to a lot of women, and it also makes a great dress / color for an evening wedding. I think your idea of black dresses with silver accents is the best option, and use a bit of red with flowers or in other areas. Also, just because red is one of your wedding colors, that doesnt mean you HAVE to have your BMs wearing it. Just use it in other areas of your wedding and it will be fine. here are a few pics I found , plus my MOH and some people wearing black at my wedding:

substitute teh green for red in the bouquets, and use silver ribbons in bouquets and silver shoes.

me and my moh, who wore black with emerald green accents

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks for the pictures. I wasn't going to go with the black but we thought the red was not the right color for everyone. The dress we picked is perfect in black and its formal and its also fun at the same time. I agree, that red shoes might be too much. I will probably go with the black or silver shoes. I wish I knew how to post the dress on here to show everyone.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

There are a couple different ways to add photos, depending on what browser you use (Internet Explorer vs. Mozilla Firefox, for example). When you go to create a post, there is a link to directions about the smily/emoticon and spell checker buttons on the right of the post editor. ;)

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Paula1984 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/11/09
Black Bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I was going mad looking for black shoes for my bridesmaids.
I than found this website online http://www.piotrantoni.com.au
They are called Jessica.
I was very nervous and septical ordering shoes from overseas.
I ordered the first pair to make sure they where what i was looking for.
I received them about 14 days later and WOW WOW WOW.
The bridedmaids loved them and I'm also getting myself a pair.

bridal shoes, wedding shoes, designer shoes, Piotr Antoni

Edited by: Paula1984 on Dec 11, 2009 10:51 PM

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

My colors were black and pink. My girls wore black dresses and shoes. Their bouquets were pink. They looked great! Some girls painted their nails a pail pink was a nice touch, but I didn't push it on them. Also all of my girls wore a black flower in their hair with pink crystal accents on it (one of my BM made them for everyone). Whatever you decide will look great!
wedding website

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: Garden10Wedding

Garden, aren't weddings supposed to be taken seriously?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine