Online Dress Shopping?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

RyanandKelly2009 Posts : 32 Registered: 12/10/09
Online Dress Shopping?
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 1:03 PM

I am considering buying my wedding dress online to get a good deal; however, I've heard mixed reviews. Has anyone bought a dress online? If you have please tell me the site and whether it was good or bad. Thanks!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Online Dress Shopping?
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: RyanandKelly2009

I didn't buy my dress online and can't recommend a website, but I do have to advise against this. I have heard so many horror stories of people getting dresses of inferior quality. I would look around in stores before you make the decision to buy online.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I agree and would also like to add, that not only do you have to worry about quality, but also the fit of the dress. Unless you've tried on wedding dresses before and know exactly what you're looking for (designer, size, etc), you run the risk of getting something that may not be as flattering on you as something else. I know from my dress shopping experience that every dress fits you differently, even if you think you know exactly what you want.

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: RyanandKelly2009

In addition to what PP's have said, what you think may look good on you through your monitor may look totally different when actually putting the dress on. When I went dress shopping I had a whole list of favorites, and I nixed a lot of them as soon as I looked in the mirror. The one I ended up choosing wasn't on my "list" at all. Also, you can check sample sales for good deals, or you can look at David's Bridal. I got my dress for $99 at David's! Best of luck to you! :)

FantasticFall Posts : 8 Registered: 12/6/09
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: RyanandKelly2009

Buying online may not be so bad. Think of searching Craigslist or something local where you can easily go see the dress before you buy it. Personally, I had bought one dress and much later feel in love with another, so I had one, from David's Bridal so you know it's good quality, to sell (and no this isn't me advertise it for sell, it's already been sold). Don't discount the idea of buying online, just know what you are buying beforehand. If it's on eBay or something and is also still available at a store, you could always try it on before buying online. All in all though, keeping local and keeping an open mind could save you some money

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine