All Inclusive Jamaican honeymoon

Online Users: 1,230 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Soon2BeStorie Posts : 5 Registered: 12/9/09
All Inclusive Jamaican honeymoon
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 3:30 PM

I've been reading the threads already started, and am beginning to notice that the places with the best reviews are the "Couples..." resorts in Jamaica. Is there anyone who has actually been to more than one of these places - Couples Sans Souci, Couples Swept Away, etc - that can tell me which one is the best? We tend to have a great time wherever we go, but I really, really want this vacation to be super awesome and, obviously, special. Any advice/ideas are much appreciated! :o)

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: All Inclusive Jamaican honeymoon
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

I've only been to one, so I can't really answer your question.... but we went to Couples San Souci for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING! Two of our really good friends went there for their honeymoons as well, and loved it. I know that's really not much help though, since I don't have anything else to compare it to. Haha. But I definitely recommend it!

What exactly are you looking for in a honeymoon? From what I've heard, they are all very different. Like, Negril is apparently very private and quiet... San Souci was (to us) a perfect balance between social and private. I don't know a whole lot about the others though.

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

That is a big help! You're the third person who recommends Sans Souci. My main concern is getting it All Inclusive, and then I was hoping for few to no children, and a social atmosphere. I'd love to have the options of bars, restaurants, excursions, etc, but I know we will be spending a few days just lounging, so a little privacy is always good, too. Sans Souci does sound like it might be the right choice.

Is there anything you highly recommend while there? Or anything to avoid? I went to Ocho Rios once during a cruise in 2002, I think, and loved the Dunn River Falls tour, but I think that's all we did, aside from snorkeling.

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Those are the main things that were important to us: no children, all inclusive, etc. There are 3 restaurants there, one is a casual beach side restaurant, one is nicer, and one is a white table cloth, 5 course type place. All of them are great! There are also several bars; we spent probably 75% of our honeymoon at the bar in the pool.

The main thing I was going to recommend was Dunn's River Falls, but you've already been! Did you actually climb it during the tour? I tried to chicken out, but DH made me do it, and I'm so glad he did!

The only other time we went off the resort was to do a shopping trip. Everything else is there... free watersports (we did sailing which was a lot of fun, and a glass bottom boat ride), daily activities that are usually at the pool bar, etc. You also get a free 30 minute couples massage if you are a honeymooner, which is wonderful!

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

That sounds absolutely perfect!

Thank you so much!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6728 is just $309.99.

Uberoom1 Posts : 26 Registered: 12/10/12
Posted: Jan 9, 2013 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Hi Soontobestorie,

I have been on Sans Souci with my husband and we had such a great time there, the staff was so friendly and just made you feel like you were so important. We had a beautiful ocean view from our balcony. I would love to go back again, it was a vacation we both will always have in our memories! You can add romanticm to your room by having a honeymoon room decoration! Good luck, and enjoy!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine