E-Rings + Blue Nile: Newbie!

Online Users: 1,265 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
E-Rings + Blue Nile: Newbie!
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:15 AM

Hi everyone! I have been a frequent viewer of these forums for the past few months... and yes, my boyfriend knows. :-)

This week we made it close to official by doing some engagement ring shopping. We started at Robbins Brothers, and I did find a style I love! We live near Los Angeles, so we also went to the jewelry district. I got two recommendations for places there, and we both agreed that one really stood out.

One problem... I am obsessed with Blue Nile. After getting prices and seeing diamonds in the jewelry district, I've found a few on Blue Nile that combine all the qualities I'm looking for. Any tips on how to give him hints on what is more important to me (i.e. quality more than carat size)? I'm thinking print-outs or e-mails. Lol. Anywho, just wanted to finally post to the forum now that I have something worthwhile to talk about.

Edited by: AlwaysSublime on Dec 6, 2009 12:24 AM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: E-Rings + Blue Nile: Newbie!
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

If you went shopping together why can't you just tell him what's more important to you? It's not like it's a surprise....

I'm not one for the 'subtle' hints - I don't see that they work well and/or are interpreted poorly, IMHO. So I would just suggest telling him what you said here. That makes the most sense to me.

Good luck.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 4:55 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm with PharmTox. If quality is more important than carats to you, that's something you should make clear. Maybe you have your reasons for wanting to be subtle, but once DH and I started shopping for e-rings and he and I were already talking about what to buy anyway, I did look online and give him printouts. And he would give me printouts back, saying "What about this one, too?" It didn't ruin anything for either of us and was actually a fun part of the process, trying to figure out together what to get. Good luck.

preview image

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

True... the only surprise left will be when he actually proposes! I did point out a few diamonds on Blue Nile, and we spent time looking again at information on the 4 C's and all the other quality factors. My suggestion was to call the jewelers and see if they can find different diamonds in the carat/quality we are now looking for. He agreed, so it looks like we may be making one more trip to the jewelry district!

He also seemed hesitant on ordering online w/o seeing it. I'm more impartial because I shop online all the time, but I do suppose a diamond is much different than buying a shirt. :-)

Thanxs for the replies! It is turning out to be so fun and exciting and I know I will be so happy with whatever he decides to give me.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

Sublime -

It sounds like you have the right attitude! Good luck!

Yas10 Posts : 5 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

HI, there is a site that I used to get my BF hints on the rings and diamonds I liked. A friend of mine sent me the link after she used it. After 3 months of sending a hint to him he finally proposed to me on a family trip...:)
I also liked bluenile, until I saw this site, they have more designer style jewelry, and they make everything in the USA, so I felt good about that. Plus, their diamonds were even cheaper than bluenile, they have a best price guarantee on the diamond. But what I really liked were the designs, they are so beautiful and different then whatever you see on the net. Also, when I went looking for rings at the stores such as Robbins Bross and other ones, they told me that the reason why Bluenile is so cheap is because all the irngs come from China, and they are not custom made for you like designer rings are. Anyway, here is the site, its worth checking it out. Let me know what you think.
www.rings4love.com

MegsandJ Posts : 23 Registered: 12/14/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: Yas10

Haha, um, I just put a picture of the ring I wanted on the fridge. I flat out told him, 'this is the one I want'. He got the hint :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine